Fred Smerlas Has Become A Patriot Apologist

BuffaloRush

So I tuned into WEEI to listen to the Patriot fans complain about the loss tonight only to find old Buffalo Bill Fred Smerlas.  Man he is terrible to listen to - like Donald Jones terrible.  But the show got really bad when his co-host brought up the Malcolm Butler situation.  Fred made about 100 excuses for why Belichick's decision to bench Butler was a baffling decision. 

Aside from that, he made countless excuses for why Nick Foles destroyed New England.  Fred is probably my least favorite ex Bill.  Now he's a Patriot apologist.  It's only fitting.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

So I tuned into WEEI to listen to the Patriot fans complain about the loss tonight only to find old Buffalo Bill Fred Smerlas.  Man he is terrible to listen to - like Donald Jones terrible.  But the show got really bad when his co-host brought up the Malcolm Butler situation.  Fred made about 100 excuses for why Belichick's decision to bench Butler was a baffling decision. 

Aside from that, he made countless excuses for why Nick Foles destroyed New England.  Fred is probably my least favorite ex Bill.  Now he's a Patriot apologist.  It's only fitting.

Fred Smerlas has dementia. That's the only excuse I can come up with for him.

He's on Bob Matthews show in Rochester all the time, and nothing he says ever makes sense. I feel like they're insulting my intelligence letting that old man ramble on unchecked 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Makes sense...I don't listen to an old hasbeen like Robert Matthews.  

Good decision. I seldom do.

I had the station left on when I got in my car yesterday and he had a caller asking if he was going to get cut off by the break, told yes, then rambled on about how all the democrats and republicans are going to grab arms and kill each other.

Not far off what Smerlas usually has to offer. The show is terrible.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

23 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Has been for a long time.

11 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Fred is from Massachusetts originally so I’m assuming he was brought up a pats fan

Not only that but he did play for the Patriots and iirc that's where he retired.

And while I didn't hear the comments, I don't understand what he said that was being a homer. Are you saying Butler being benched wasn't baffling? I think it was and had an impact on the outcome of the game.

12 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Not only that but he did play for the Patriots and iirc that's where he retired.

And while I didn't hear the comments, I don't understand what he said that was being a homer. Are you saying Butler being benched wasn't baffling? I think it was and had an impact on the outcome of the game.

I am saying YES it was baffling.  Fred’s Co-host did too.  Fred kept saying how the coaches take apart game film and they must have saw the he wasn’t playing well.  When the Co-host said he would have been an inprovement to the CB’s today, Fred said that Rowe played well.  It was more Nick Foles making throws than it was bad play.  He made every excuse for BB

Fred was on the radio the day after the college football championship saying that the bills wouldn't be able to trade up to draft Tagovailoa and he'd be gone before their pick in this year's draft.

The guys not even eligible for the draft. No one should listen to this !@#$. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

The guy went to BC you fool.  He is from that area.   Man,  Bflo people really acting out today.