Why didn’t Belichick play Malcolm Butler?

YoloinOhio

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.......if that is what happened, how do you guys think McD would have acted in the identical situation?...............

Probably the same.  Word is that Butler had a meltdown about the pot.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.......if that is what happened, how do you guys think McD would have acted in the identical situation?...............

prolly would have handled it eternally like he did with shaq(i think it was shaq, coulda been jerry) 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If this is true, then I'm surprised Belichick didn't just designate him as inactive because in effect he was with only one ST snap for the entire game. 

BB always has a method to his madness. What's worse, being inactive or getting dressed and having to stand in full gear on the sideline all game?

Just now, ProcessTheTrust said:

BB always has a method to his madness. What's worse, being inactive or getting dressed and having to stand in full gear on the sideline all game?

Butler is headed to UFA anyway. Why not activate someone you plan to utilize such that the team has a better chance to win the ultimate game?  

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Butler is headed to UFA anyway. Why not activate someone you plan to utilize such that the team has a better chance to win the ultimate game?  

If missing the Sat morn meeting was the final straw, who can you activate in time to make a difference? Maybe he was dressed as a last resort. I can't fight to defend BB, can't stand the guy, but just trying to somehow understand his perspective.

Just now, ProcessTheTrust said:

If missing the Sat morn meeting was the final straw, who can you activate in time to make a difference? Maybe he was dressed as a last resort. I can't fight to defend BB, can't stand the guy, but just trying to somehow understand his perspective.

They had some pretty good players who were inactive for the game.  Although he may have been forced to use Butler at CB if Rowe was injured.