The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: :lol:

I mean... I can't. I just can't. :lol: 

You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the mother****er. Go back in there, chill them ****s out and wait for the Meth, who should be coming directly.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Working in a government office, we're of course not particularly allowed to say that people have gone "full re-tard."

But it was no less satisfying to tell my boss today that he went full "Tugg Speedman as Simple Jack."

I hope he had no idea who that was, and played it off -- then later, Googled it and discovered to his sadness what you meant :lol: 

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hope he had no idea who that was, and played it off -- then later, Googled it and discovered to his sadness what you meant :lol: 

It was even funnier because it was in response to him trying to fire me.  

I should clarify: he's the program manager on my project, and my day-to-day boss, but he's from a different company than me.  Let's just call him ######o Montalban.  He called my corporate boss - who, through some byzantine shell company organization, is also his boss on the project - telling my boss that today was my last day.  My boss called me laughing, asking me what the hell was going on...which I had little idea.  (I mean, aside from ######o Montalban committing payroll fraud, and having multiple complaints of sexual and racial harassment against him, and me talking to an attorney about it today.)  

It was then that I told ######o Montalban that you never go full "Tugg Speedman as Simple Jack."  He didn't know who it was, but he knew it wasn't good.

EDIT: I should clarify that this is two weeks after I've already given them my resignation from the project.  

Edited by DC Tom
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So I'm at the orthopedist for a follow-up on my torn hamstring.  Naturally, I wore shorts despite it being 45 degrees out.

Walking in to the building, random stranger comments: "You're wearing shorts?  That's stupid."
Me: "You're trying to push open a door labelled 'PULL'."

Sometimes the best way to say "You're an idiot" is to not say it at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Freedom Is on the March,
and the Elites Can't Stand It

Original Article

A glaring sign of our intelligentsia's decrepitude is their absolute lack of interest in understanding either the Brexit vote or the election of Donald Trump. With a few notable exceptions, those who claim to spend their lives doing the public "thinking" that must surely require higher faculties than possessed by common people, have shown no intellectual curiosity for the social shifts of our day. You would think people who do thinking for a living would find the events in the U.K. and the U.S. fascinating and historically compelling, if for no other reason than that neither outcome was expected by the public intellectuals themselves.

• Thank you (+1) 1