Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

In what way? Alex Smith wins games during the regular season, Cousins doesn't.  4,000 yard passing seasons dont get you the playoffs, wins do.

Yes I realize a QB cant do it by himself but it is the position with the highest influence on them.

Remember this post when cousins is throwing 4000 yards and rolling into the playoffs next year with Denver/az/Buffalo, while Smith is struggling to win 7 games in Washington.

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Remember this post when cousins is throwing 4000 yards and rolling into the playoffs next year with Denver/az/Buffalo, while Smith is struggling to win 7 games in Washington.

I will...and Cousins isn't that guy. 

3 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Cousins is not coming here. Ill bet the farm on that.

I agree with that overall

I think we are #3 behind Denver and AZ for him

Like quite a bit behind them

I'd put 80% that it's Denver or AZ

15% Buffalo

5% anybody else

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I will...and Cousins isn't that guy. 

If you think the Redskins are better with Smith than cousins then you haven't watched either of them

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

15% Buffalo

5% anybody else

If you think the Redskins are better with Smith than cousins then you haven't watched either of them

I still think the Jets are above us as well. The difference in cap space is staggering, and while Cousins has said he's going to look for a place he can win, he did say  money is a factor. 

He can go to the highest bidder as say "team on the rise blah blah." I go Jets, Denver, Arizona, Jacksonville, then us and the Browns. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

15% Buffalo

5% anybody else

I've watched both of them. People have a very hard time understanding that playing situational football well is what wins games most often in the NFL and Smith is FAR better than that than Cousins. This isnt even debatable.

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Cousins stated he wanted to go to a team and have a chance to win.    Of the teams looking only 3 fit that category.  

Buffalo, Jax and Denver (if their defense can hold)  

Arizona. Even the Jets reasonably soon.

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Neither is Taylor!!   

Cousins is the best FA out there.   (beyond Brees) 

I dont disagree. But I'm not paying $25 million+ long term for a guy who isnt going to produce anymore wins than our current QB and could produce fewer based on his track record.

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I still think the Jets are above use as well. The difference in cap space is staggering, and while Cousins has said he's going to look for a place he can win, he did say  money is a factor. 

He can go to the highest bidder as say "team on the rise blah blah." I go Jets, Denver, Arizona, Jacksonville, then us and the Browns. 

I'm not sure about Jax.

Khan said he's sticking with Blake, but who knows.

Jets and us are probably a tossup, part of that cap space is because of a bad roster.

If we can come close to the Jets I think he'd pick us.

The rest I agree with

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Scott Mccloughan doesn't think team should have trade a guy he drafted? Shock.  

McCloughan was VP Player Personnel there at that time, not GM. And changing your mind with new info is smart.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think this is a bad look for McCloughan at all.

26 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Cousins stated he wanted to go to a team and have a chance to win.    Of the teams looking only 3 fit that category.  

Buffalo, Jax and Denver (if their defense can hold)  

I think Zona fits in there too 

edit: I think others had responded with the same thing. Sorry for the redundance 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

I dont disagree. But I'm not paying $25 million+ long term for a guy who isnt going to produce anymore wins than our current QB and could produce fewer based on his track record.

That wasn't his track record. It was the team's. HIs track record is playing QB an awful lot better than Tyrod has for several years now.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

One would think the Jets and Denver could be our prime competition. Yet if Cousins stays true to his word on being a winner you'd think we'd be is top choice. As we have a running game in place and a WR (Benjamin) and TE in place that could serve him well.

Washington was ravaged with injuries and has probably one of the top 5 TEs in the league in Jordan Reed, a pretty good running game with a solid line (when healthy), and a good offensive coach.  Cousins and Washington never saw his value on the same plane and that's why they didn't secure him.  And Washington isn't a team that plays it cheaply when it comes to paying players.  So people need to start putting the pieces together on this puzzle - Cousins ceiling is what you've seen with Gruden and it's not likely that he is going to go just anywhere and be as successful.  He's a decent QB, but he is not going to be looking for anything but a big payday - and if you think that lip service about going to a winner matters, then you are delusional - that's called marketing yourself, and getting the fans of whatever team he signs with excited that a coveted FA QB thinks your team is a winner.

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I've watched both of them. People have a very hard time understanding that playing situational football well is what wins games most often in the NFL and Smith is FAR better than that than Cousins. This isnt even debatable.

I love when people say things like that.

Alex Smith has had a stacked roster.

He is awful when his TE kelce has missed time.

What do you even mean by "situational football"?

You can't just make up terms.

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If you don't think cousins is a significant upgrade over Taylor then again, I'm not sure you watch football.

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The going rate for decent starting QB's in $20 to $25 Mil.    The Bills would have been on the hook for Taylor for near $30 Million had they not restructured his deal.