Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

BUF.png21. Buffalo Bills

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMUThe Bills are basically Carolina North when it comes to the people heading their coaching staff (Sean McDermott) and personnel departments (Brandon Beane). So why not project them to take the 6-foot-4 Sutton, a huge target at 6-foot-4 who's lacking in speed but should shine in the red zone, where he caught 32 touchdowns in three seasons at SMU. Sutton also gives the team Kelvin Benjamin insurance in case the ex-Panther isn't extended this season.

BUF.png22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Lamar Jackson, QB, LouisvilleThe Bills have made it clear they don't see Tyrod Taylor as the long-term starter, and since they've been mostly unable to land elite talents in free agency, that should mean turning to the draft to find their franchise quarterback. It's possible they package their two picks together to leap into the top 10. If they stay put, Jackson figures to be a best-case scenario. Like Deshaun Watson, opinions of Jackson are all over the map, but Brian Daboll should be able to put him in a position to succeed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-cardinals-trade-up-to-take-fourth-quarterback-in-top-10/

Right now I would go this way if possible: 

1. Mason Rudolph- QB- Oklahoma St.

1. Harrison Phillips- DT- Stanford

2. James Washington- WR- Oklahoma St.

2. Isaiah Wynn- OL- Georgia

3. Josey Jewell- LB- Iowa

3. Jaylen Samuels- RB- NC State*

4. Troy Fumagalli- TE- Wisconsin 

5. Alex Cappa- OT- Humboldt St.

5. Hercules Mata’afa- DE- Washington St. 

* I believe they’ll get an extra 3rd in a Cordy Glenn trade.

i think they’ll also sign a veteran QB to start in front of Rudolph, either Bridgewater/Bradford or possibly McCarron if he becomes a UFA.

• Like (+1) 2

2TRADE — Buffalo Bills (from Giants): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

A year ago, the Bills were considering moving up in the draft for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Their new management and coaching staff in place this year could look for a similar move for Josh Rosen, a quarterback in whom they have shown substantial interest. Both of their first-round picks this year and a 2019 early round pick should be enough, and the Giants can move back and remain in win-now mode.

•  
  •  
  •  A year ago, the Bills were considering moving up in the draft for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Their new management and coaching staff in place this year could look for a similar move for Josh Rosen, a quarterback in whom they have shown substantial interest. Both of their first-round picks this year and a 2019 early round pick should be enough, and the Giants can move back and remain in win-now mode.
  • Like (+1) 1

Was it reported last year that the Bills considered moving up last year for Mitchell Trubisky?  I don't remember reading that.  It seems we all have kind of written off Josh Rosen, but in reality, he is the best prospect in the QB Draft class.  The only questions seem to be his desire to play in the NFL.  Is that real?  Not sure.  He is though, one of the only rookie QBs that would step in day 1 and be a starter, and not a work in progress like the other ones.  What would it take to get to #2, IF the Giants were willing to trade down?

21. Buffalo Bills

184eba051575817e4ce208581027ae52_crop_ex
Kirk Irwin/Getty Images

The Pick: C Billy Price, Ohio State

The sad and sudden retirement of Eric Wood leaves a massive hole in the middle of an already questionable offensive line in Buffalo. With pick No. 21 overall, the Bills can make one move to quickly solve that problem—draft Billy Price.

A versatile lineman at Ohio State, Price played both center and guard but became a nationally known stud in the last two years manning the middle of the line. He's a mauler in the run game and has the quickness to get outside the tackle box whether he's pulling to the edge or rushing up the field to take on linebackers. Price has all the tools NFL teams want in a starting center and requires little polish to become a Pro Bowl-caliber player.

22. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City)

8a4ef0244ecd0644e65399790177d5b4_crop_ex
Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

The Pick: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama

OK, where's the quarterback?

The Bills are in a bad spot given the need for a quarterback and the team's draft picks coming late in Round 1. They could reach for Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson here, but it's more likely we either see a huge trade up to select a premier passer or the front office goes for broke in free agency should Case Keenum or Teddy Bridgewater become available.

Assuming for now that the quarterback spot is filled in free agency, the Bills can use pick No. 22 to get the athletic middle linebacker Sean McDermott needs to run his scheme. Don't confuse Evans with Reggie Ragland, a player the Bills traded away this season because he wasn't a fit. Evans has the agility and quickness to run alleys and get outside the hashes to make plays. And while he's not exactly Luke Kuechly, he is good enough to fill the hole at MIKE linebacker and be a three-down player for Buffalo.

In the latest mock draft posted by ESPN's Todd McShay, the Bills are on the outside looking in at the quarterback market. With UCLA's Josh Rosen, USC's Sam Darnold, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and Wyoming's Josh Allen all off the board, the Bills are left with a tough choice. Do they draft either Louisville's Lamar Jackson or Oklahoma State's Mason Rudolph or use those two first-round picks to fill other needs. 

McShay had them filling other needs in his latest mock draft, selecting Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans and Alabama defensive lineman Da'Ron Payne. Both players would fill needs and big ones. Linebacker and defensive tackle should both be priorities for the Bills this offseason. Missing out on a quarterback would be tough, but landing two impact players for the front seven would make it palatable. 

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A year ago, the Bills were considering moving up in the draft for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Their new management and coaching staff in place this year could look for a similar move for Josh Rosen, a quarterback in whom they have shown substantial interest. Both of their first-round picks this year and a 2019 early round pick should be enough, and the Giants can move back and remain in win-now mode.

•  
  •  
  •  A year ago, the Bills were considering moving up in the draft for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Their new management and coaching staff in place this year could look for a similar move for Josh Rosen, a quarterback in whom they have shown substantial interest. Both of their first-round picks this year and a 2019 early round pick should be enough, and the Giants can move back and remain in win-now mode.

I would sh*t my pants with joy if this happened

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A year ago, the Bills were considering moving up in the draft for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Their new management and coaching staff in place this year could look for a similar move for Josh Rosen, a quarterback in whom they have shown substantial interest. Both of their first-round picks this year and a 2019 early round pick should be enough, and the Giants can move back and remain in win-now mode.  A year ago, the Bills were considering moving up in the draft for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Their new management and coaching staff in place this year could look for a similar move for Josh Rosen, a quarterback in whom they have shown substantial interest. Both of their first-round picks this year and a 2019 early round pick should be enough, and the Giants can move back and remain in win-now mode.

This is the ONLY trade up scenario I am down for.  If it happened, I would need a spare set of underwear handy as I would soil myself.

Another thing to consider, Gettleman and Beane are close.

Edited by simool

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, Dkollidas said:

Right now I would go this way if possible: 

1. Mason Rudolph- QB- Oklahoma St.

1. Harrison Phillips- DT- Stanford

2. James Washington- WR- Oklahoma St.

2. Isaiah Wynn- OL- Georgia

3. Josey Jewell- LB- Iowa

3. Jaylen Samuels- RB- NC State*

4. Troy Fumagalli- TE- Wisconsin 

5. Alex Cappa- OT- Humboldt St.

5. Hercules Mata’afa- DE- Washington St. 

* I believe they’ll get an extra 3rd in a Cordy Glenn trade.

i think they’ll also sign a veteran QB to start in front of Rudolph, either Bridgewater/Bradford or possibly McCarron if he becomes a UFA.

I think that would be a powerful draft. Samuels is a very good player.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, Mat68 said:

With the compliment of picks Buffalo has they are not mortgaging the farm.  They are using the return on an investment and not touching the farm.

But don't you have to sell the crops at times to get paid ?  This is not an easy decision for our guys IMO. Hard to know how the draft will unfold.