Kiper Mock Draft: Josh Allen #1

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Watch YouTube highlights from Bryce Petty at Baylor. They are the exact same player. Doesn't mean Rudolph won't make it. It just means take these highlights with a grain of salt. It's an air raid offense with 1 read and really good WR's that are wide open. There aren't any tight window throws in those clips. They are lob passes down field to guys that blew by the secondary

I want someone from a pro system if I am drafting a QB in Rd 1. Otherwise I will take the BPA and look to grab a QB later.

On 19/01/2018 at 8:52 PM, jrober38 said:

He's the type of QB who gets a whole front office fired in a year or two. Some coach, or GM with an ego will think they can mould him into something he'll never become. 

He's simply not a good football player. He was a mediocre QB in a bad conference, and people think he's going to suddenly become a franchise QB at the NFL level against better competition?

Allen looks like a Day 3 developmental prospect who you take a flyer on. The talk of him going top 10, or even fist overall is insane. I'm dead serious when I say EJ Manuel's college tape (which was awful) was better than Allen's. 

This. If the Bills picked him early in the 4th round you'd say... intruiging pick. In the first I would be as close as I have ever been to giving up on this team altogether. 

44 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Watch YouTube highlights from Bryce Petty at Baylor. They are the exact same player. Doesn't mean Rudolph won't make it. It just means take these highlights with a grain of salt. It's an air raid offense with 1 read and really good WR's that are wide open. There aren't any tight window throws in those clips. They are lob passes down field to guys that blew by the secondary

I have watched a lot of tape of both. They are not. And there are both tight window throws and progressions among that video. Now are there a lot of one read and wide open receiver plays? Yes. They have a coach who has a great college scheme and talented wide receivers. That doesn't go against Rudolph. If I never saw evidence he could play when things are tricky it would worry me more.... but there is evidence on his tape, particularly his early season tape. 

That does not mean Rudolph is a prefect prospect. He has his flaws and he has his warts and some of them were on show as the season progressed. Missing the senior bowl hurts him more than it might hurt others... not on the field but as an interview opportunity because teams are really going to want to probe his understanding of defenses and what he sees. 

But to say he is Bryce Petty is way off. Way, way, way off. Derek Carr is a much better comparison... another "air raid" Quarterback. I have Rudolph graded very similarly to where I had Carr. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

I think we need a tall wide receiver like James Hardy and probably a DT for our scheme like Torell Troup.

If you draft for need, you end up with inferior football players and other needs.  Just keep getting the best players you can and fill needs with free agency.

The one place this is different is if you need a QB and you see one you can get.  That is different and if McD and company see any of these guys as a franchise QB they should try to get them if the likelihood and cost match up.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Cleveland takes Mayfield at #1, NFL needs to force Haslem to sell the team.  Maybe he can ask the cab driver who to pick again and for old times' sake ask Mayfield to wear a helmet and pads at his pro day.  I think any QB Cleveland takes at #1 is set up to fail.  Since none of these QB's are can't miss guys and will always be compared to Wentz and Watson, if I were Cleveland I'd give Cousins whatever he wants and take Barkley #1.  

• Haha (+1) 1