I hope this weekend finally kills the "build an offense around Tyrod" nonsense.

20 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Ya he hasn’t posted enough about TT and he seems indifferent when he does, so impossible to say

SMH, my view is goodbye to Tyrod and that is all. No more excuses blaming everyone else for his fail. I want OBD to go get us a real QB for once, enough of the other teams backup garbage they have given us for decades.

I wouldn't be on the boards complaining about a better QB every year if they actually gave us a legit prospect over the not good enough to start on a different team QB.

Drafting EJ was a joke considering it was a horrible class to go for one and draft picks like CJ, Brown and Peterman were just late round darts thrown at the board acting like they are trying to get a franchise QB without even spending to get one so they can ride the QB in place that is just not good enough. Kolb, Castle,Fitz Tyrod, I am sick of the never going for one in the draft.

This is a real good draft class for QB, go get one, not a late rounder either, but will they? After so many years of never doing it I have my doubts, how about another late round project to pretend while they throw the last round project out just like the one before.

Every year OBD talks a big talk about going for a QB and boom we end up with the bottom of the barrel when it comes to a guy to stand behind at QB. Sorry I can not get behind a QB other teams laugh at because they made him be a QB, I want that feeling gone, long gone, like Rex gone the guy who should have taken his fail with him.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone is making fun of the QB's Brady is left with and the OP thinks this settles the debate?  Most of us have said you can absolutely have a magical season with a great defense peaking. 

Isn't this year's playoffs the microcosm of the debate?  Great QB (Brady) got you there  (again) - VS - JAX and Minny taking the great defense route.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Everyone is making fun of the QB's Brady is left with and the OP thinks this settles the debate?  Most of us have said you can absolutely have a magical season with a great defense peaking. 

Isn't this year's playoffs the microcosm of the debate?  Great QB (Brady) got you there  (again) - VS - JAX and Minny taking the great defense route.

Minny, Philly both have replacement QBs, hard to paint that picture considering who started their seasons. Jax has a top 5 pick at starter even though he isn't all that he his still a top pick.

Pitt lost because of Roth age he is just about done, time to retire old man. Both teams over 40 points on the board. Bortles did his job and won the game just like he has been doing all season. He has had some good games over 300 and has shown a knack to win the game with a play to win the game when needed.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Minny, Philly both have replacement QBs, hard to paint that picture considering who started their seasons. Jax has a top 5 pick at starter even though he isn't all that he his still a top pick.

Pitt lost because of Roth age he is just about done, time to retire old man. Both teams over 40 points on the board. Bortles did his job and won the game just like he has been doing all season. He has had some good games over 300 and has shown a knack to win the game with a play to win the game when needed.

I have no idea what you're saying but the debate is do you need a top QB to go deep in the playoffs or win the Super Bowl.  

The OP's point is no you don't look who 3 of the 4 QB's are.  Granted, this can and does happen.  My point was having an excellent QB gives you a chance year over year - Minnesota/Jax likely won't go on the same type of run that having a great QB provides.  

9 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I have no idea what you're saying but the debate is do you need a top QB to go deep in the playoffs or win the Super Bowl.  

The OP's point is no you don't look who 3 of the 4 QB's are.  Granted, this can and does happen.  My point was having an excellent QB gives you a chance year over year - Minnesota/Jax likely won't go on the same type of run that having a great QB provides.  

This year IMO is a anomaly so I agree with you having a excellent QB adds to chances for every year not the lucky one year a team could get in because some other team helped you type.

As for your comment about next year runs IMO Jax is up in the air because Bortles could turn into a better QB each year he plays just like Smith has even though, well you know not a Brees that for sure.

Edited by xRUSHx

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I like when someone says is this a friggin joke, then goes on to say Tyrod Taylor is a better QB than Blake Bortles... who had more yards Passing? Blake Bortles, who had more TD passes? Blake Bortles, who had more yards passing per game? Blake Bortles,  Who got sacked the least? Blake Bortles, Who had the most 20/40+ yarders? Blake Bortles, who had the better passing AVG? Blake Bortles.... Bortles had more INT, that's because we all know Tyrod want throw to anyone who isn't completely open.

It's a joke because, again, Bortles is the garbage time King.  For as much as people want to complain about Taylor racking up his stats in garbage time, those same people damn well better weigh heavily the fact that over the last 3 years Bortles has racked up 3,882 yards and 29 TDs as a passer when his team has been down by multiple scores.

It's a joke because if anyone, ANYONE objectively watched the Bills vs. the Jags, they would know that Bortles was TERRIBLE as a passer in that game.  He torched the Bills on the ground because for some reason our team was completely unaware the guy is a great scrambler.  But Bortles was missing simple wide open unobstructed screen passes to his guys.  He missed MANY of them.  Hooray, he got a TD on a 4th down play... so that one play means he outplayed Taylor, who watched 3 of his passes dropped, one tipped by a defender making a fantastic play on a very catchable football that was intercepted, and another completion be ruled incomplete because our WR was unaware his right foot was out of bounds?

It's a joke.  Taylor is better than Bortles.

Yards?  Great, you stick with your yards argument.  The rational world has watched Bortles play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's a joke because, again, Bortles is the garbage time King.  For as much as people want to complain about Taylor racking up his stats in garbage time, those same people damn well better weigh heavily the fact that over the last 3 years Bortles has racked up 3,882 yards and 29 TDs as a passer when his team has been down by multiple scores.

It's a joke because if anyone, ANYONE objectively watched the Bills vs. the Jags, they would know that Bortles was TERRIBLE as a passer in that game.  He torched the Bills on the ground because for some reason our team was completely unaware the guy is a great scrambler.  But Bortles was missing simple wide open unobstructed screen passes to his guys.  He missed MANY of them.  Hooray, he got a TD on a 4th down play... so that one play means he outplayed Taylor, who watched 3 of his passes dropped, one tipped by a defender making a fantastic play on a very catchable football that was intercepted, and another completion be ruled incomplete because our WR was unaware his right foot was out of bounds?

Yards?  Great, you stick with your yards argument.  The rational world has watched Bortles play.

You're pathetic

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You can type down whatever you want, the stats show differently, Tyrod is not better than Blake Bortles unless you're talking about as a RB, put the stats side by side without the rushing, just passing and he gets beat in almost every category. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You can type down whatever you want, the stats show differently, Tyrod is not better than Blake Bortles unless you're talking about as a RB, put the stats side by side without the rushing, just passing and he gets beat in almost every category. 

Do the stats show differently because you're looking at raw production rather than efficiency?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

5 for 5 and 25 yards is efficiency 

Effective is what one needs.

5 for 5 for 25 yards efficiently and effectively sucks.

So poor example.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

:rolleyes:  It's obvious you have an agenda, put the stats side by side and there you go, myth buster solved.

No agenda at all. 

Replace Tyrod. Upgrade over him. Please.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that happen at the end of April, possibly sooner.

I just get annoyed by people who make stuff up. Taylor is better than Bortles. Maybe down the road Bortles gets better, maybe not. But right now Taylor's clearly better.

Folks with agendas are some of those frothing at the mouth in this thread and that other ridiculous thread about Kornheiser's comments. Particularly guys like the OP, who appears to have been banned for the 2nd time under a new name.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2018 at 8:52 AM, xRUSHx said:

SMH, my view is goodbye to Tyrod and that is all. No more excuses blaming everyone else for his fail. I want OBD to go get us a real QB for once, enough of the other teams backup garbage they have given us for decades.

I wouldn't be on the boards complaining about a better QB every year if they actually gave us a legit prospect over the not good enough to start on a different team QB.

Drafting EJ was a joke considering it was a horrible class to go for one and draft picks like CJ, Brown and Peterman were just late round darts thrown at the board acting like they are trying to get a franchise QB without even spending to get one so they can ride the QB in place that is just not good enough. Kolb, Castle,Fitz Tyrod, I am sick of the never going for one in the draft.

This is a real good draft class for QB, go get one, not a late rounder either, but will they? After so many years of never doing it I have my doubts, how about another late round project to pretend while they throw the last round project out just like the one before.

Every year OBD talks a big talk about going for a QB and boom we end up with the bottom of the barrel when it comes to a guy to stand behind at QB. Sorry I can not get behind a QB other teams laugh at because they made him be a QB, I want that feeling gone, long gone, like Rex gone the guy who should have taken his fail with him.

Agree 100%, I enjoy reading you posts.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, White Linen said:

TYrod sucks... Let it go...

On 1/18/2018 at 8:52 AM, xRUSHx said:

I have seen you post this in several, boarder line crusading but none the less several of your posts so I ask, how do you know other teams are laughing at him?

not defending taylor as I'm more then ready to move on from him but I have not seen anywhere except in your posts that teams are laughing at him?