Todd Haley for Offensive Coordinator?

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I apologize. His wife sends nude photos to other men. I was making a joke because of it. Sorry if people were offended. I will leave the Haley’s bizarre sex life off the board. With that being said, that’s the reason that I don’t want him. This team is pretty drama-free and I prefer that it remain that way.

Why apologize? His and her off field behavior certainly are worth considering when making a hire. If he was a drunk and a bar room brawler that background information clearly would be fair game to consider. If he had a history of battles with the players he coached it certainly would be considered and publicly commented on. 

Directed to SDS, What problem do you have with Kirby's initial comments about Haley? It was clearly stated and previously reported. I'm not challenging your view just trying to understand it.

2 hours ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

At this point this is nothing more than a rumor, but it's been said that Haley will likely be moving on from the Steelers this offseason. Is he a guy you would like to see in consideration for our OC position?

I don't know much about his style compared to what McBeane is looking for, but Big Ben certainly did improve after he took over for Arians in 2012. 

Haley as HC in KC once famously fired Chan Gailey 2 weeks before the season and took over himself, resulting in a 4-12 record and the 23rd ranked offense on points.

He had a rep as an arrogant pr*ck back then. 

The good news is he was famously modern and data-driven in his calls (when to go for it on 4th down vs punt), aggressive - which I think folks here would like.

The bad news is sometimes this bit him on the a** and arguably cost games.  Like someone said, everyone wants to see aggressive throws - until the INTs pile up.  Analogous thing.

If Kirby's gouge is correct that he was involved in a NYE bar brawl due to his marital sexual proclivities, that's a layer of added drama we don't need.

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why apologize? His and her off field behavior certainly are worth considering when making a hire. If he was a drunk and a bar room brawler that background information clearly would be fair game to consider. If he had a history of battles with the players he coached it certainly would be considered and publicly commented on. 

Directed to SDS, What problem do you have with Kirby's initial comments about Haley? It was clearly stated and previously reported. I'm not challenging your view just trying to understand it.

Maybe you didn't see Kirby's actual initial comments which was not news nor reported (gone now, including from reponses).  Wouldn't it be more appropriate to PM? 

If the comments were deemed inappropriate, it isn't appropriate to repeat them either.

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe you didn't see Kirby's actual initial comments which was not news nor reported (gone now, including from reponses).  Wouldn't it be more appropriate to PM? 

If the comments were deemed inappropriate, it isn't appropriate to repeat them either.

I didn't see Kirby's initial comments. If they were removed then I could't have read it. That's what I was asking about. If it was so inappropriate that doesn't mean that a general characterization of it would have been adequate enough to explain what he was referring to. 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hell I'd bet even Dennison could make an offense go with Ben, AB and Bell.....well, maybe...................

Dennison in Pitt would be #22 in passing #8 in rushing. Total Offense rank. #20.  He stepped it up and beat his Buffalo ranking.

Stats:  Big Ben. 3200 yds passing 18 TD's  12 INT

Antonio. 64 Rec for 904 yds and 6 TD

Bell.  1132 yds rushing. 453 yds Rec.  8 TD

Steelers go 9-7 miss playoffs then FIRE Rico

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Haley as HC in KC once famously fired Chan Gailey 2 weeks before the season and took over himself, resulting in a 4-12 record and the 23rd ranked offense on points.

He had a rep as an arrogant pr*ck back then. 

The good news is he was famously modern and data-driven in his calls (when to go for it on 4th down vs punt), aggressive - which I think folks here would like.

The bad news is sometimes this bit him on the a** and arguably cost games.  Like someone said, everyone wants to see aggressive throws - until the INTs pile up.  Analogous thing.

If Kirby's gouge is correct that he was involved in a NYE bar brawl due to his marital sexual proclivities, that's a layer of added drama we don't need.

I did see them and I've seen much worse by others so I didn't think it was  a big deal