Todd Haley for Offensive Coordinator?

At this point this is nothing more than a rumor, but it's been said that Haley will likely be moving on from the Steelers this offseason. Is he a guy you would like to see in consideration for our OC position?

I don't know much about his style compared to what McBeane is looking for, but Big Ben certainly did improve after he took over for Arians in 2012. 

Edited by ColdFront_USAF

Just now, ColdFront_USAF said:

At this point this is nothing more than a rumor, but it's been said that Haley will likely be moving on from the Steelers this offseason. Is he a guy you would like to see in consideration for our OC position?

I don't know much about his style compared to what McBeane is looking for, but Big Ben certainly did improve after he took over for Arians in 2012. 

....good Lord no thanks.......several scrapes with Ben over Steelers offense......he was a major flop as KC HC.........guy has a screw lose and is as combative as they come....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good Lord no thanks.......several scrapes with Ben over Steelers offense......he was a major flop as KC HC.........guy has a screw lose and is as combative as they come....

Yeah this guy definitely doesn't pass the McBeane character test.  No way we see him here

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

He’s a total nut job. Steelers offense is also better when Ben is going no huddle and calling his own plays.

...hell I'd bet even Dennison could make an offense go with Ben, AB and Bell.....well, maybe...................

1 hour ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

Front, if you would change the title to something like How about Todd Haley for OC?  or Would Haley come here as OC?, that would be great.

Scared me.

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think this is a bit "over the top" for what's supposed to be (more or less) a family friendly board.  But maybe that's just me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Front, if you would change the title to something like How about Todd Haley for OC?  or Would Haley come here as OC?, that would be great.

Scared me.

I think this is a bit "over the top" for what's supposed to be (more or less) a family friendly board.  But maybe that's just me. 

Done! My bad, I didn't really think about how misleading that was until you pointed it out. Sorry for the scare!

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Scared me.

It’s a joke. The Haley’s are nototrious swingers and that’s why he was in that fight New Year’s Eve. If you hire that guy, that’s what you are getting.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Good points, that's why I asked! To be honest I know very little about him as an OC, besides the fact that the Steelers offense is one of the best in the league. But yeah, can't be too hard with the talent they have there. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s a joke. The Haley’s are nototrious swingers and that’s why he was in that fight New Year’s Eve. If you hire that guy, that’s what you are getting.

Perhaps there was a joke there to be made, however I don’t think yours was a good choice. 

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Perhaps there was a joke there to be made, however I don’t think yours was a good choice. 

I apologize if people are offended but if you hire that guy that’s what you are getting. If we are going to discuss him as an option his baggage should be a part of the discussion/consideration. Personally I think Haley is a pretty good football coach but a complete whack job. That’s the reason that I don’t want him here.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I apologize if people are offended but if you hire that guy that’s what you are getting. If we are going to discuss him as an option his baggage should be a part of the discussion/consideration. Personally I think Haley is a pretty good football coach but a complete whack job. That’s the reason that I don’t want him here.

Or perhaps the way you chose to phrase #1 was inappropriate. 

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

Or perhaps the way you chose to phrase #1 was inappropriate. 

I apologize. His wife sends nude photos to other men. I was making a joke because of it. Sorry if people were offended. I will leave the Haley’s bizarre sex life off the board. With that being said, that’s the reason that I don’t want him. This team is pretty drama-free and I prefer that it remain that way.

Edited by Kirby Jackson