What will it cost to get Kirk Cousins?

Bakin

43 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the only way is to tag him then get into a bidding war they won't win.   

image.jpeg.9706aeeccbc9d510ffe5d14d7724b68c.jpeg

The Washington F.O. has already ruled out using the transition tag. 

So the franchise tag is the only way they get control of his contract for another year, barring kissing up to him in the offseason and somehow getting him to change his mind on a long-term contract.

I'm guessing you can get him for Stafford money, maybe a bit less if he feels really wanted.

Edited by Thurman#1

I live in the DC area.  Most fans want Cousins, but think he'll be gone because the Front Office is incompetent.

Personally, I'd take Cousins and use the draft picks to build the roster.  Buffalo may even be an attractive landing spot.  The team made the playoffs and has a lot of draft picks.  

21 minutes ago, Buffaloaf said:

I live in the DC area.  Most fans want Cousins, but think he'll be gone because the Front Office is incompetent.

Personally, I'd take Cousins and use the draft picks to build the roster.  Buffalo may even be an attractive landing spot.  The team made the playoffs and has a lot of draft picks.  

Interesting, I have season's tickets to the Skin's games and the consensus at the games is that the Skin's are not going anywhere until Cousins is gone.

Kirk has trouble in the red zone and can not beat Dallas. Not very good in the 2 minute drill however he will make a great pass every now and then. 

Kirk can throw for over 300 yards in a game which something the Bills have not seen in a while.

I would draft a QB and build the roster providing Beane can evaluate talent.

Do you honestly think that Kirk is worth the money he is looking for?

Edited by VADC Bills

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Someone mentioned it would take draft picks. 

Assuming he’s a free agent - then it’s just highest bidder right?

throw him a Stafford type deal and be done with it??

im leaning more this route now.

And never was before. 

Get a guy who has some accomplishments...some experience. And build the team around him. 

Not Alex Smith. Too old. 

Whatever it costs is too much for this guy.

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Someone mentioned it would take draft picks. 

Assuming he’s a free agent - then it’s just highest bidder right?

throw him a Stafford type deal and be done with it??

im leaning more this route now.

And never was before. 

Get a guy who has some accomplishments...some experience. And build the team around him. 

Not Alex Smith. Too old. 

Between 25-27M AVV

60%-70% guaranteed money

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

The Washington F.O. has already ruled out using the transition tag

So the franchise tag is the only way they get control of his contract for another year, barring kissing up to him in the offseason and somehow getting him to change his mind on a long-term contract.

I'm guessing you can get him for Stafford money, maybe a bit less if he feels really wanted.

when did you hear this?   

Gruden said with a big sigh -  I don't want to go year to year again.  

1 hour ago, jr1 said:

he just threw 3 interceptions against a last place team

tin foil hat  ...  maybe on purpose? 

Watch for Denver to move on Cousins 

On 1/8/2018 at 12:54 PM, Buffaloaf said:

What draft picks exactly? You can't afford to franchise him and if he really wanted to be there he would have signed a long term offer last year. The guy is going to walk.