Yannick Ngakoue accuses Incognito of racial slurs

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If someone is using a racial slur as alleged here, then I doubt it was because of heritage. 

Ngakoue could very well believe it was targeted at some idea of his heritage he mistakenly holds.

Really, come to DC.  Swing a dead cat.  You'll hit someone in an "African print" dashiki who's fourth-generation American and couldn't find Benin on a map of Africa, but is damned sure she's as African as Nelson Mandela.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

As a heart attack.

Then you're just flat out dumb, and you couldn't pick a better city to use as an example than Boston when making a point that shows ignorance.

You can be black, white, Asian, whatever and be from Boston. All of those previous things I mentioned have the potential of creating an opinion of some people's minds before you speak. No one can tell someone is from Boston and appropriately hate them just by looking at them. It's not even close to accurate what you're saying.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Why bring Michael Bennett into this? 

Is it really 'in' or are some racists just more open about their views these days?

You think he had a body cam on during the game?

Or are more people realizing how virtuous and morally superior they can look to their friends by pointing out injustice, even when it's not really there?

I hear that kind of social capital is big with the SJW crowd these days, amirite? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Can't someone just really dislike racsim and all that comes with it without being called names?

I dislike racism and all that comes with it. However, I'm not going to feel guilty about things that happened long before I was born. I'm also not prepared to take the blame for something a minuscule number of white people who identify as Nazi, KKK, etc, participate in. It seems that you feel differently. Yannik isn't in the right simply because he's black, just as Incognito isn't right simply because he's white.

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Or are more people realizing how virtuous and morally superior they can look to their friends by pointing out injustice, even when it's not really there?

I hear that kind of social capital is big with the SJW crowd these days, amirite? 

Yes. Yes you are right.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Ngakoue could very well believe it was targeted at some idea of his heritage he mistakenly holds.

Really, come to DC.  Swing a dead cat.  You'll hit someone in an "African print" dashiki who's fourth-generation American and couldn't find Benin on a map of Africa, but is damned sure she's as African as Nelson Mandela.

He said "racist" slurs which leads me to believe it was not heritage related if true as he allged. 

5 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Then you're just flat out dumb, and you couldn't pick a better city to use as an example than Boston when making a point that shows ignorance.

You can be black, white, Asian, whatever and be from Boston. All of those previous things I mentioned have the potential of creating an opinion of some people's minds before you speak. No one can tell someone is from Boston and appropriately hate them just by looking at them. It's not even close to accurate what you're saying.

You can tell by the way they drive...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Are you serious with this post?

African is not a race.  Africa is a continent with a population that covers several hundred different races.  Egyptians are not Berbers are not Ashanti are not Yoruba are not Herero are not San are not Ndebele.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He said "racist" slurs which leads me to believe it was not heritage related if true as he allged. 

And he said "his heritage."  I'm going to go by what he actually said, not whitesplain it away with what I believe his meaning should have been.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

I dislike racism and all that comes with it. However, I'm not going to feel guilty about things that happened long before I was born. I'm also not prepared to take the blame for something a minuscule number of white people who identify as Nazi, KKK, etc, participate in. It seems that you feel differently. Yannik isn't in the right simply because he's black, just as Incognito isn't right simply because he's white.

Yes. Yes you are right.

Never said you had to feel guilty about anything. Not saying you should take the blame for the actions of others. Not sure where you got that from. I don't believe i mentioned anything of the sort.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

African is not a race.  Africa is a continent with a population that covers several hundred different races.  Egyptians are not Berbers are not Ashanti are not Yoruba are not Herero are not San are not Ndebele.

And he said "his heritage."  I'm going to go by what he actually said, not whitesplain it away with what I believe his meaning should have been.  

Not surprised he potentially mixed up ancestry and heritage.  Plenty of people do that. 

Ngakoue received an Unnecessary Roughness penalty at 6:03 of the 2nd Quarter.

He got caught and now deflects to the nearest easy target (Incognito), while playing the social media gambit & hoping he doesn't get fined.

He's a punk. 

Klos?  Troll, I think.