Wildcard Weekend: Bills at Jax - 2nd Half Thread

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

And IMO your WR need come back to the ball and help their QB out wether that's a young Rookie QB or a FA pick up. That last INT was all on the WR no fight for the ball or even attempting prevent the INT.. UNLIKE the Jag WR EARLIER IN THE GAME.

Bad throw, bad choice to throw there.

Just now, Tcali said:

i think it has way more to do with things other than arm strength although arm strength is a factor. The bills organization---with its new guys in place--have to get a real QB in thru the draft. And forget Cousins and Smith----they are an improvement but would still frustrate the hell out of us.

I'll take either one of those guys.  We win this game today with either of those guys at QB.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

i no supporter of Peterman, but that's not a good situation for a rookie Qb who isn't NFL ready.

well--hard to argue there...but sometimes a baptism by fire shows whether a guy is a winner

2 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

I'll take either one of those guys.  We win this game today with either of those guys at QB.

yes we do.....but we dont win at PITT or NE. and if we sign one of them for a zillion bucks then we wreck our future-- we need a franchise QB in here---not an old Alex Smith and a non-winner Cousins

Edited by Tcali

1 minute ago, xsoldier54 said:

Completely agree.  That was a very winnable game.  TT just wasn't up to the task.  He played just like he has most of the time he's been the starter.  Held the ball too long.  Missed wide open WR's.  Terrible performance. 

How many throws were catchable or drops?  What about Clay stepping out of bounds before the ball arrived?  That is NOT acceptable for your high-paid FA TE.

I'm not saying TT is all that and a bag of chips, but the whole O needed to step up and they didn't.  

McCoy had game, the OL did ok against a brutal D.

TT left some throws on the field, but he also made some throws.  

In particular, I thought our WR showed bush-league.  When you have Romo saying "that was actually a good throw by Taylor", those need to be caught.

I don't have all-22 but I'm counting at least 6 Taylor throws that should have been completions.

Plenty of blame to go around.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tcali said:

well--hard to argue there...but sometimes a baptism by fire shows whether a guy is a winner

yes we do.....but we dont win at PITT or NE. and if we sign one of them for a zillion bucks then we wreck our future-- we need a franchise QB in here---not an old Alex Smith and a non-winner Cousins

Maybe not NE because they are just a better team, but I'd take our chances vs. Pittsburgh with either Smith or Cousins.   

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How many throws were catchable or drops?  What about Clay stepping out of bounds before the ball arrived?  That is NOT acceptable for your high-paid FA TE.

I'm not saying TT is all that and a bag of chips, but the whole O needed to step up and they didn't.  

McCoy had game, the OL did ok against a brutal D.

TT left some throws on the field, but he also made some throws.  

In particular, I thought our WR showed bush-league.  When you have Romo saying "that was actually a good throw by Taylor", those need to be caught.

I don't have all-22 but I'm counting at least 6 Taylor throws that should have been completions.

Plenty of blame to go around.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Just one example of what I'm talking about.  Bills lost by 7.  TT missed a wide open O'Leary in the end zone.  That's just one of many missed throws.  Yes there were other players that made mistakes, but the QB has got to be able to get the ball to a receiver when he's wide open.  TT has consistently proved that he can't do it over 2 seasons.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am on the record not understanding the love for Not Ready Nate.  But in all honestly, he walked into a tough spot for a rookie there.

Peterman is a 5th round rookie QB.  He was never going to be ready to play this season, but is more of a development prospect.  I'm not ready to move on from him, but I'm also not planning to start him next year.  Everyone points to Brady, 6th rounder, etc, etc.  The Pats struck lightening in a bottle; they were EXTREMELY lucky with Brady.

21 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The Bortles scrambles hurt, but you can't hang anything on the defense;  they kept us in the game all day.   10 points in a playoff game should get you the win every time.

Taylor just isn't good enough.   I don't care if you're playing the '86 Bears, 3 points is awful.

3 points baby

12 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

How much was lack of execution on the receivers part and how much was WR coaching, or lack of?  It is a question that needs to be answered.

A good point.  I am of the opinion that our WR just need upgrade.  But, I didn't think Hogan or Woods (or Goodwin for that matter) could play as well as they've showed elsewhere.  

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Peterman is a 5th round rookie QB.  He was never going to be ready to play this season, but is more of a development prospect.  I'm not ready to move on from him, but I'm also not planning to start him next year.  Everyone points to Brady, 6th rounder, etc, etc.  The Pats struck lightening in a bottle; they were EXTREMELY lucky with Brady.

He also didn't start his first year and when he did start the team was run run run and safe passes that 2001 team won because of D not O. Brady became Brady I say in 2003 which was year 4.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Albwan said:

this statement reminds me so much of the

'nate peterman is awful crowd'  lol, so amusing

Well I continue to hold out hope for Nate. But I do wish I was as shrewd a judge of talent as some of those guys who already know NP will always suck and should be driven out of the league.