Pro Football HOF 2018 Class Announced

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It is a really crazy story that didn’t get nearly enough publicity.

The HOF voters were more than comfortable putting him in but TO needed to wait. 

TO should have been a first ballot selection. Old school thinking and old school bias were unfairly involved in the first vote. 

I have never liked his "see-me" antics on the field. And without question there were locker rooms in which he was divisive. He without question intensified a divided locker room over the qb in Philly. But as time went on even with the chaos surrounding him after his post career due to financial calamity (much of due to his financial responsibility to his babies and baby mommas) I got to see a more favorable and likeable side to him. He was an easy person to caricaturize in a very negative way. But the more I have seen him on sport shows and interviews the more apparent it is that he is a bright guy with a very likeable personality. 

TO is far from being an angel. But his life story is a very complicated story. His family history is very convoluted. It would leave scars on anyone who was subjected to such chaos. Football was important to him. It was the center of his life and it was his refuge. He had an unbounding passion for the game, maybe too much. He has earned the right to be in the Hall and he deserves it, although it should have been on the first ballot.  

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm most happy about TO getting in.  He was a first ballot guy, IMO.

Is Ray Lewis only the second guy in the HOF to get away with murder?  Or are there more?

......easiest way to stop this nonsense is to publish the name of every voter and their votes....Kramer waiting until the 11th time?.......Thurmal had to wait because he wasn't a media darling......Andre waited as did Art Monk..........Tasker is still waiting......as a St'er, he's like MLB relief pitchers who were shunned for years......

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Reed and Gonzalez are HOF first ballots for sure.  Waters might make it.  The rest are not HOF players

Champ Bailey!? Absolutely hall of fame worthy.

On 2/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, JohnC said:

TO should have been a first ballot selection. Old school thinking and old school bias were unfairly involved in the first vote. 

I have never liked his "see-me" antics on the field. And without question there were locker rooms in which he was divisive. He without question intensified a divided locker room over the qb in Philly. But as time went on even with the chaos surrounding him after his post career due to financial calamity (much of due to his financial responsibility to his babies and baby mommas) I got to see a more favorable and likeable side to him. He was an easy person to caricaturize in a very negative way. But the more I have seen him on sport shows and interviews the more apparent it is that he is a bright guy with a very likeable personality. 

TO is far from being an angel. But his life story is a very complicated story. His family history is very convoluted. It would leave scars on anyone who was subjected to such chaos. Football was important to him. It was the center of his life and it was his refuge. He had an unbounding passion for the game, maybe too much. He has earned the right to be in the Hall and he deserves it, although it should have been on the first ballot.  

Really well said John!!

London Fletcher is an interesting case IMO.  He was a bit of a Pro Bowl snub for several years before becoming a perennial Pro Bowler at the end of his career.  Obviously he played most his entire career in the shadow of Lewis and Urlacher.  He played 74 more games than Urlacher (almost 5 years) and 2 more years than Lewis ending up with similar counting stats in regards to interceptions and sacks.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

London Fletcher is an interesting case IMO.  He was a bit of a Pro Bowl snub for several years before becoming a perennial Pro Bowler at the end of his career.  Obviously he played most his entire career in the shadow of Lewis and Urlacher.  He played 74 more games than Urlacher (almost 5 years) and 2 more years than Lewis ending up with similar counting stats in regards to interceptions and sacks.

He is a good player. He is not a HOF player.