New year starting with a bang...

Big Turk

Having one of those "Buffalo days" today...

Started out expecting under a half inch of new snow today with nothing much going on...then a lake band decided to form out of nowhere...and just sit over us since mid morning...then they said 1-3 inches of snow and now we just get upgraded to a blizzard warning til 1AM today with 6+ additional inches expected...which will likely mean over a foot by the time its done...

Only in Buffalo can you get a day like this...

Bills starting out the new year with a bang and so is the weather

Edited by matter2003

20 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Believe it or not, I actually miss those days.  Better than the snow, changing to sleet, changing to rain we get here in CT.

Exactly, been there, done that,

let it snow...let it snow...

...let it snow...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Sucks here don’t it?  

Having lived in the San Diego area for years it now does suck I heard from friends who came back here for a visit. They can’t believe what you get for a house here and the space.

what can you buy back there for less than 600k

On 1/3/2018 at 6:07 AM, Helpmenow said:

Having lived in the San Diego area for years it now does suck I heard from friends who came back here for a visit. They can’t believe what you get for a house here and the space.

what can you buy back there for less than 600k

No it only sucks if you can’t afford to live here. Like any other place. We sold our house in Oakland six months ago after doubling the value in just 5 years. We are in south Orange County (where we absolutely love!) and renting.  I will not buy into this market. We’re biding our time sitting on a pile of cash waiting until we retire (5 years) and see where the market is. You can buy a completely redone home with a pool in Palm Springs for $400k. If the market here doesn’t drop significantly im five years we look elsewhere. And NY is not even on the list. 

Chef Jim, I got out at the right time. Have never looked back. It’s so overcrowded now. I’m amazed what folks pay for homes there and how they can afford it.

like my cuz said people don’t expect to own a house there like back here

If it makes anyone feel better, I had to wear a light jacket on my evening walk tonight down here in West Palm.  

We are going through a cold snap right now too.  

High for tomorrow is expected to only be 65; I probably won't even be able to hop in the ocean for a quick dip until next week!

Edited by Fadingpain