Chiefs Sign CJ Spiller Yet Again

3 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

Hopefully he sticks with them for the playoffs.

When I think of Spiller, a few things come to mind:

1.  Spiller wasn't used properly post-Chan.  Even after going to the Saints, a place where it would seem he was set up for success (think Reggie Bush!), he still wasn't able to recreate the success he had with Chan. 

2.  The waste of a high draft pick on another RB. 

3.  Undue hate for the guy from fans-not his fault Bill's management took a RB that they didn't need

4.  The video of him talking about sponge bob

I didn't like the pick. I didn't blame him for it either. I don't like him because he was a bad NFL player.

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

That is just BS.  You don't like the guy and threw out a negative phrase "dumbass" to push your narrative.  Your criticism is so personal, I wonder if CJ pissed on your daisies or something.

My gardenias actually.  

Why is it bs?  He never had a next level moment that showed he was better then just a ball carrier. 

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

100 bucks says you own a Spiller Jersey 

You owe me $100.

The only Buffalo Bills jersey I own is a Dareus jersey which I wore when I attended the game in London.  Because we lost, I could not wear it again. It hangs in the closet.

Instead of paying me $100, you can donate it to the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation:

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I didn't like the pick. I didn't blame him for it either. I don't like him because he was a bad NFL player.

You mean to tell me you didn't enjoy his play in 2012 or 2013?  The pick was never a good idea, this is universally agreed upon, but I mean come on. He was exciting to watch for a while

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Not many "bad NFL players" have a 4.8 career rushing average . . . .

1 minute ago, Peter said:

You owe me $100.

The only Buffalo Bills jersey I own is a Dareus jersey which I wore when I attended the game in London.  Because we lost, I could not wear it again. It hangs in the closet.

Instead of paying me $100, you can donate it to the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation:

Ok 2 out of 3

50 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Think about high draft picks spent on RB’s during the drought:

McGahee - round #1 - pick 23

Lynch - round 1. - pick 12

Spiller - round 1 - pick 9

Not to mention that during this era Jackson and UDFA was also on the roster 

Why so much draft collateral an RB’s?  A waste in the modern era - a true waste.

Ironically the first two will likely at least be nominees for HoF. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

You would think which such a great average he must have huge yardage and be regard to as a star right?

Whatever. You can say he was overdrafted etc., but is it beyond ridiculous to say he was a "bad NFL player."

Edited by Peter

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

Whatever. You can say he was overdrafted etc., but is it beyond ridiculous to say he was a "bad NFL player."

I get that you don't agree with my statement and I respect that. I have invited you multiple times to prove otherwise. 8 seasons 3451 yards is great to you but to me that's bad. Watching him gain no yardage on almost every play was bad. Never breaking a tackle and getting stuffed at the line was bad. He had great speed but never hit the hole to use it.

46 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

NO. He wasn't. He was a specialty back. He couldn't carry the load over a season. He did it in one game, the night game in Buffalo he dominated.  But that's it. He never was someone other teamed planned around and was definitely something that we never planned around. He was a joke. He was just a dumbass dude who could run fast and be elusive. 

Um, he had over 1700 yards from scrimmage in 2012 and 1244 yards rushing. He definitely carried the load that year and was 6th in the league in yards from scrimmage. And again, his productivity per touch was off-the-charts good that season.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Um, he had over 1700 yards from scrimmage in 2012 and 1244 yards rushing. He definitely carried the load that year and was 6th in the league in yards from scrimmage. And again, his productivity per touch was off-the-charts good that season.

Agreed but who drafts a player @9 for 1 year of productivity?

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

Agreed but who drafts a player @9 for 1 year of productivity?

He was actually decent the next season (nearly 1000 yards rushing and 4.6 ypa), but the system was a terrible fit for him. I think he basically lost a half a step (lots of small injuries over the years to his legs/ankles), plus he was reportedly dumb. He apparently couldn't absorb the NO offense.