Chiefs Sign CJ Spiller Yet Again

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I still shake my head when I think about the Bills spending a valuable draft pick on him.

His 2012 season was one of the best offensive performances by a Bill this century: a staggering 6.0 ypc plus 10.7 yards per reception (extraordinarily high for a running back).

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, dave mcbride said:

His 2012 season was one of the best offensive performances by a Bill this century: a staggering 6.0 ypc plus 10.7 yards per reception (extraordinarily high for a running back).

He was electric that year. Such a bummer he couldn't get it going since.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

Me too he was just such a bad player. The pick also made Zero sense since we had a great backfield in place.

Think about high draft picks spent on RB’s during the drought:

McGahee - round #1 - pick 23

Lynch - round 1. - pick 12

Spiller - round 1 - pick 9

Not to mention that during this era Jackson and UDFA was also on the roster 

Why so much draft collateral an RB’s?  A waste in the modern era - a true waste.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Exactly.  It is surprising that anyone would call him "bad."

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

He was electric that year. Such a bummer he couldn't get it going since.

He was misused terribly by Hackett. Gailey was not a good head coach, but he knew how to use the offensive talent he had. Hackett treated him as an up-the-middle pounder. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peterlaw said:

Could have been a pick up option for the Bills this week if Shady can't go.  Otherwise Murphy (RB1), Tolbert (RB2) and some designed QB runs.  

That is what I was thinking.  I wonder if that is why the Chiefs did not waste time picking him up again.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Think about high draft picks spent on RB’s during the drought:

McGahee - round #1 - pick 23

Lynch - round 1. - pick 12

Spiller - round 1 - pick 9

Not to mention that during this era Jackson and UDFA was also on the roster 

Why so much draft collateral an RB’s?  A waste in the modern era - a true waste.

I would draft Shady in the first round right now.  

I also think that a case can be made for drafting each of those guys in the first round.

I think the Cowboys are still happy they drafted Ezekiel Elliot with the 4th pick in the first round (notwithstanding his off the field issues).

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

That is what I was thinking.  I wonder if that is why the Chiefs did not waste time picking him up again.

I also think that a case can be made for drafting each of those guys in the first round.

I think the Cowboys are still happy they drafted Ezekiel Elliot with the 4th pick in the first round (notwithstanding his off the field issues).

Yeah but against a backdrop of a team that did not have an answer at QB?  The Cowgirls had Romo.

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

One season does not make a Hall of Fame career. He was God awful every other season and is and was a BAD player.

God awful?!? 

You mean like when he played with a high ankle sprain even though he should not have been playing at all.

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This. I agree it was stupid to spend a high first round pick on yet another RB for the Bills, but saying he was a bad player is just wrong. He was one of the best RBs in the NFL for a short time under Chan. If you could draw up plays that got him the ball in space, he was beyond elite. Running between the tackles... not so much. Ultimately, definitely not worth the position he was drafted at.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

I was fine with Lynch and Mcgahee when we picked them but the Spiller pick was a bad pick, we had a young Lynch on the team and there were more pressing needs.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He was misused terribly by Hackett. Gailey was not a good head coach, but he knew how to use the offensive talent he had. Hackett treated him as an up-the-middle pounder. 

Absolutely, Hackett was very stubborn. It is interesting seeing their offensive philosophy working in Jacksonville with their roster. More pounding the rock and it seems like a new pass catcher has a big game every week (Marrone was very against the Watkins move). 

Still, CJ couldn't make it work in a Saints offense that almost seemed tailored for his skill set. And then by the time he reunited with Gailey in New York he ran out of juice.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I still shake my head when I think about the Bills spending a valuable draft pick on him.

Honestly, i was pretty excited that we got him at #9 that year..........the dude was a baller in College and i was sure he would be able to parlay that right into the NFL.

Yeah, i was wrong, but so was Nix and Chan.........so i don't feel so bad about it.