NFL.com has the Ravens in the playoffs...?

boyst

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not that it matters... but what tiebreaker was it that got us in in the end? Was it results v common opponents? 

Conference record, then strength of schedule, because of four team tie.  Tons of salty Charger fans who just can't understand the concept of head to head record not applying in a four way tie.

Edited by 1ManRaid

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Conference record, then strength of schedule, because of four team tie.  Tons of salty Charger fans who just can't understand the concept of head to head record not applying in a four way tie.

Really, this is payback for the Chargers doing exactly this to Buffalo in the 70's, I think it was (or early 80's?).  Anyhow, I can't remember exactly what season it was without researching it, but I recall that Buffalo had beaten San Diego head-to-head that season and I think they were tied at 9-5, but Buffalo lost out on the tie-breaker.  So, nice to see that little piece of history kind of erased with one that goes our way for a change!  Go Bills!

Edit: well, not quite - it was 1980 Bills/Chargers I was thinking of - both teams finished 11-5 and Buffalo won during regular season against them, but had to travel to San Diego to play them in the playoffs (Ferguson's gutsy performance on a gimpy ankle - great game).  But that's not the same thing as being eliminated on a tie-breaker.  All the same, good to see Buffalo win the tie breaker!

Edited by ChasBB

14 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I am more interested in those web pages about sheep.  

Trying to come up with the best opportunity I have to raising sheep in this climate. I'd like to use wool sheep as meat but it's just too warm and I'll have to go with hair sheep