Thoughts from afar

I started supporting the Bills from the UK in 2007 - when I first got into watching the NFL. The drought hasn’t been anywhere near as long for me as it has for most of you wonderful people.

But I get it.  

Of all the teams I could have chosen, the Bills seemed to stick out to me as one I could identify with. My first love is soccer (football to me), and my favourite premier league team is Everton. The similarities with Buffalo are obvious. Blue kit/uniform, Die-hard fan base, rich history, outdated stadium, founding members of the league, and a long drought. Everton hasn’t won the league since 1987 - and has no trophy of any kind since 1995.

i know how it feels to know just what a great team you follow, but to be frustrated and disgusted as it gets constantly ground into the dirt by poor management, average players, bad luck and questionable officiating.

I’ve never yet visited Buffalo, but I had the pleasure of watching a game with the Bills Backers in Manhattan one time, and I learned then just what an incredibly passionate, loyal and crazy fan base the Bills Mafia is. It’s the same at Everton. You look around when things are crap, and just think, “if this team could just get it right, the celebrations would be apocalyptic. The fans are just desperate to party”.

Watching the reaction videos coming in on twitter has brought me so much joy tonight. It’s nearly 2am here and 2018 is underway already. My family are all in bed but I’m enjoying a victory scotch and thinking of you all.

Party like it’s 1999. You’ve earned it!

Let’s hope Doug Marrone is a broken man this time next week!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Chemical said:

but you don't get it. 

Haha. Yeah I'm sure you're right. 

I can emphasise as much as I can and enjoy it all the same.

Have fun!

3 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Hope your boys get a result today against United later today.

Cheers mate. Not confident!