Black Monday 2018

YoloinOhio

On 12/30/2017 at 11:00 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

Bill O'Brian or Hue Jackson, if available

I see O Brian heading back to NE especially since MacDaniels is almost certain go to the Giants. (Also make the most sense as IMO O Brian shouldn't be fired since that team was destroyed by injuries! I mean they be a 1 or 2 seed if they hadn't lost all those players.)

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I see O Brian heading back to NE especially since MacDaniels is almost certain go to the Giants. (Also make the most sense as IMO O Brian shouldn't be fired since that team was destroyed by injuries! I mean they be a 1 or 2 seed if they hadn't lost all those players.)

That is an interesting thought - O'Brien back to NE.  I thought I also saw somewhere that O'Brien may be considered for the Giants job and McDaniels stays in NE, since speculation is BB will leave at some point and McDaniels takes over as Pats HC.  But that could obviously be wrong.  I have to believe that there is at least some rift between Belichick and Kraft over Brady not getting traded.

Agreed that Houston is making a mistake by letting O'Brien go.

Looks like Hue Jackson stays in Cleveland, but it's Cleveland, so you never know.

On 12/31/2017 at 8:51 AM, Commonsense said:

If the Texas fire Billy OB they are really being impatient. I can understand the GM must love the talent he has assembled but they need to remain patient. Watson was lights out with this coaching staff, get him healthy and continue.

Firing O'Brien would be massively stupid of the Texans.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/31/2017 at 12:09 PM, TPS said:

Schwartz will be a HC someplace, and this time he'll get it right.

Maybe, or maybe not, lots of guys have failed with multiple teams.  DelRio is the latest, Fox has been fired 3 times now as HC.  That likely ties some record, as don't think anyone has been fired 4 times??

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This feels like the Chuck Pagano extension last year.  Delaying the inevitable.  He will be gone after 2018.  As will Adam Gase.  Mark it down. 

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Maybe, or maybe not, lots of guys have failed with multiple teams.  DelRio is the latest, Fox has been fired 3 times now as HC.  That likely ties some record, as don't think anyone has been fired 4 times??

I think the Del Rio firing is less about him and more about them thinking it is now or ever for Gruden.  I feel like he has been a little harshly treated.  Fox has been fired 3 times but did make a Superbowl in both his first two stops in fairness to him. 

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Schottenheimer

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This feels like the Chuck Pagano extension last year.  Delaying the inevitable.  He will be gone after 2018.  As will Adam Gase.  Mark it down.

Given the number of HC vacancies there's going to be competition for the bigger candidates.   The Broncos are sticking with the devil they know rather than maybe having to settle for a second or third tier candidate.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Del Rio firing is less about him and more about them thinking it is now or ever for Gruden.  I feel like he has been a little harshly treated.  Fox has been fired 3 times but did make a Superbowl in both his first two stops in fairness to him. 

If neither team solves their QB woes then it wouldn't be a surprise at all if both are gone. 

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Schottenheimer was 4 times?? wow just looked up the teams, forgot about a couple of them.

Wade Phillips was fired 3 times: Denver, Buffalo, Dallas

Wade was also interim coach another 3 times: New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston

Giving him a total of 6 HC dismissals