Raiders Oficially Hire Jon Gruden as Next HC - Presser Scheduled for 1/9/18

26CornerBlitz

Gruden's Schtick on MNF became boring and tiresome.  For such an acclaimed football genius, I didn't even find his commentary to be particularly insightful or informative.

So let's hope the vacancy he creates is filled with someone better.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in what Chris Simms says.  If anything, Gruden's going to be in for a rude awakening because he's not taking over a team with a great defense, or even an average one.

...let's hope he pisses off Kalil and he wants out after 2018..........back to Buffalo lad...................

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in what Chris Simms says.  If anything, Gruden's going to be in for a rude awakening because he's not taking over a team with a great defense, or even an average one.

That has nothing to do with Simms' point of what Gruden will demand from Carr as the QB. 

34 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...let's hope he pisses off Kalil and he wants out after 2018..........back to Buffalo lad...................

Mack's not from Buffalo and was probably pissed they passed on him.  I doubt he comes here.

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That has nothing to do with Simms' point of what Gruden will demand from Carr as the QB. 

Simms wasn't a good QB.  How he treated Simms versus how he treats Carr could be completely different.  And maybe he's learned from it.

I may be one of the few, but I will miss the Gruden QB Camp.  I always thought it was fun and interesting.

I like Gruden.  I tend to like guys that have some personality.   It should be fun to have him back in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2017 at 8:45 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Honestly I wouldn't want Gruden. Never thought he was anything special. Won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team. Against a team he knew extremely well.

Even if he was something special a decade ago, a decade is a long time to be out of any game and NFL HC is a particularly brutal demanding job.

He may think he wants another go, but is he still really prepared physically, mentally, and emotionally to put in what it takes after so long in a cushy broadcast booth, sleeping at home most of the week?

That was the real problem with Rex IMHO: I think he really retired mentally and physically in 2011, but he wasn't prepared emotionally to give it up.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan