Thank You Two Bills Drive, Good Riddance BBMB and Their Mods

BuffaloRush

33 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There's not that much difference between the two boards.  The BBMB mods would leave you alone as long as you acted like an adult and stuck to football without resorting to profanities.  They merge more threads here while at BBMB they just let the bad threads die out.

That was my experience too, but I did notice one BBMB mod who violated the Code of Conduct quite frequently - stuff that would get infraction points or bans for a regular member. That guy seemed to disappear a couple of years ago. As for the members, there are good and bad posters on every message board. It doesn't take long to figure out who to ignore. Likewise, there are certain posters whose threads I'll read every time I see one.

Either way, I'm grateful that 2BD exists.

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I never knew about this place until I got email invites from a couple old bbmb members.I'm starting to feel like it's home...almost.I was on the official board when we had just a few hundred members..I wonder what happened to Wyo?

She blogs on the Bills Mafia site:

http://billsmafia.com/author/mundy-robyngmail-com/

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

I had one of those mods locked onto me for like 3 years, got so bad they would

disconnect me and lock me out if the bills were losing, Quite amusing.

Those mods were stalky.

Plus  towards the end the tt fan club overwhelmed that board and i still

believe that is the reason why they shut it down.

I got an infraction on the BBMB for making T&C cry...........seriously and then i received a 2nd one from a different mod right after that one for disrespecting the moderators...........by making T&C cry.

Those mods hated me and i don't know why cause i was the most beloved poster of all time on the BBMB...........alright, people liked me a little bit............okay, everyone hated me.........don't judge me, man!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I got an infraction on the BBMB for making T&C cry...........seriously and then i received a 2nd one from a different mod right after that one for disrespecting the moderators...........by making T&C cry.

Those mods hated me and i don't know why cause i was the most beloved poster of all time on the BBMB...........alright, people liked me a little bit............okay, everyone hated me.........don't judge me, man!!!!!

I know T & C.  He was one of the worst mods on the site that had his own agenda.  @Sweats how did you make him cry?  I gotta hear this.

Sorry I know a lot of the Bills fan base like here - but I thought WYO Robin Mundy was unfair too.  

Edited by BuffaloRush

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I know T & C.  He was one of the worst mods on the site that had his own agenda.  @Sweats how did you make him cry?  I gotta hear this.

Sorry I know a lot of the Bills fan base like here - but I thought WYO Robin Mundy was unfair too.  

I honestly can't remember how i made him cry, but i know that we were arguing back and forth on his misguided interpretation of the CoC and it got personal...........some vicious attacks were said by both sides and then i got a PM by him stating that i made him cry..........and then i got a temporary ban from another mod saying that i disrespected a moderator by making him cry.

Like, good grief, man..........suck it up. 

Each and every christmas, T&C would give me a temporary ban...........he knew how important it was to me to wish all my BBMB friends a merry christmas around the holidays and with a temp. ban, i couldn't log in until midway through January.

What a douche-nozzle.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

There's not that much difference between the two boards.  The BBMB mods would leave you alone as long as you acted like an adult and stuck to football without resorting to profanities.  They merge more threads here while at BBMB they just let the bad threads die out.

Well, yes and know.    Frankly, I think BBMB had better football discussions in its best threads, and it was much worse than here in its worst threads.   There are a lot fewer jerks here.   I suspect that's because the owner and mods here have the ability to ban the bad actors and keep them off.   

It's nice to have a place to talk with serious fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, yes and know.    Frankly, I think BBMB had better football discussions in its best threads, and it was much worse than here in its worst threads.   There are a lot fewer jerks here.   I suspect that's because the owner and mods here have the ability to ban the bad actors and keep them off.   

You were a mod, so of course you'll say that.  I'm just saying, as a former member of the BBMB, this place is a 100 times better and it starts with better mods

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

No it didn't.  Please don't pollute this site like you did on BBMB.  And don't insult the members of this site by calling them not serious about the Bills.

Edited by Badthingsman

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Which is mind boggling because Dunkirk posts so much garbage.  

Its as if the PPP allowances for interactions are allowed in that one thread.   

Maybe it was done for theropudic reasons.   

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

I was a member of the BBMB for years and what i found was that everyone fought all the time...........everyone was always wrong about everything and the petty quarrelling was monotonous.

Mind you, as the saying goes, "if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem" and i may have had a small part in the never ending chaos, but when your views and opinions are constantly being thrown under the bus, well then you just kind of go with the flow and create bedlam as a backlash.

I love this site.

Everyone seems to get along well and respects each other.

I felt the same.  The 'fighting' was silly and the mods were a big part of it. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Other than the unsolicited dick pics I get every week from a few users, this place is alright.

In a subtle way you solicited those pics. Declaring in the Shoutbox that you were "hung like a gnat" was just an invitation to ridicule.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

In a subtle way you solicited those pics. Declaring in the Shoutbox that you were "hung like a gnat" was just an invitation to ridicule.

Holy ****, I totally forgot about that!!!  Nice memory!!!

Sadly ... it's still true.

30 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

I felt the same.  The 'fighting' was silly and the mods were a big part of it. 

jm2009 would ask every new member which banned poster are you.  

He got away with a lot of **** and it went to his head imo. 

When he came here he thought he could get away with the same crap day after day.   

Eventually his agenda got the better of him.  

Getting a timeout after weeks he came back and still didn’t let up. 

Last seen Nov 20th.  ? 

holy crap that is when Dunkirk Don showed up!!!!  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

That's the self-important mentality of the mods at BBMB.  

That mentality is generally absent here but I did recently get a demerit point (sullying my unblemished record) because of an innocent reference to donkey genitalia. What's worse is its like a brand- apparently never goes away. So shades of BBMB.

• Like (+1) 1