Shady could grab the rushing title this year!

JTown

Shady is 4th right now with the top 3 backs nor playing in week 17.  Shady needs 178 yds to lead the league in rushing. 

Obviously,  he is our largest offensive threat and will get his share of the carries, but I think that he has a good shot at the title. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JTown said:

Shady is 4th right now with the top 3 backs nor playing in week 17.  Shady needs 178 yds to lead the league in rushing. 

Obviously,  he is our largest offensive threat and will get his share of the carries, but I think that he has a good shot at the title. 

Shady has rushed for >178 yards 3 times in his career and not once since 2013.

"Good shot?"  Nah...

• Like (+1) 1

Thay's cool. 

Oh how the narrative would change if we get in the playoffs and shady goes for 180 and takes the rushing title.

Highly unlikely though imo. I couod see him going 180 combined, but not sure he can/will get 180 purely rushing.

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So he needs more yards than he has ever rushed for ever as a Bill and none of the other guys can gain anything?  I know Gurley may rest but the others too?  Maybe they will all get negative yards.   

Neither Gurley nor Bell is playing tomorrow.  That aside, I think Shady is more focused on grabbing a win and a Wild Card berth. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I understand that it would take an amazing effort on his part to rush for 178 yds.  I don't think the game plan is going to be designed to get the title specifically,  however if he breaks a few plays and has 100 yds by halftime they may focus on it in the second half. 

18 minutes ago, JTown said:

Anything is possible.....but Shades would need a couple big runs. Like 70+ to have a shot.

6 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Not true at all, but please tell us more about how 300 yd games lead to victories. PLEASE:rolleyes:

5 of the top 6 passing leaders this year may make the playoffs.  4 of them have already clinched.  All 6 have a winning record.

Got u.

Edited by jmc12290
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

5 of the top 6 passing leaders this year may make the playoffs.  4 of them have already clinched.  All 6 have a winning record.

Got u.

and 5 of the 6 leading rushers may make the playoffs too. 4 of them have already clinched. sooo what are you saying then? the teams with the best offenses make the playoffs? WOW! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

and 5 of the 6 leading rushers may make the playoffs too. 4 of them have already clinched. sooo what are you saying then? the teams with the best offenses make the playoffs? WOW! 

Yet you said if we were leading the league in passing, it's not true that we'd be in the playoffs.

Sounds like it wasn't that obvious to you.  Hopefully, you've learned.

That IS cool. I love that he even has a shot at this. I get it is a long shot, but it is possible. There is also a chance that he may have a bonus riding on leading the league in rushing, in which case the entire offense will do their best to help him get there. 

How close is he to number one in total yards from scrimmage?