Colt Anderson Activated from IR; Trae Elston Waived & Now Claimed by Miami

26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

bummer, I like Elston.  Over under on Colt getting injured? I give him 1 quarter.

Same here. He's a big hitter. Wonder if he has PS eligibility left. As far as how long he will last before getting hurt...the real question is if Gaines plays who gets hurt first? I may still go with Colt. Opening kickoff.

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

What is it about Colt Anderson this team likes?

I mean, it's a pretty cool first name. I like that. 

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I dont understand the love affair the Bills have with Anderson. He is decent on special teams but why bring him back for one game?

Related to Brandon.

the guy gets more chances than my ex wife

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We disagree here. He played well in his opportunity. There are guys that are much more expendable players on that team (see: Tolbert, Mike). Pitts is worse, Thomas too and so is McDermott off the top of my head. Elston has absolutely showed more than any of those guys. There are others too.

i think Eston and Anderson are safeties,, The other people are apples to oranges

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

You must not have noticed Elston screwing up as soon as he went in for Hyde on Sunday. McDermott chewed him out.

His mistakes were definitely noticeable!  He got beat a few times.  But you would think that one bad game vs.the best team in the league wouldn't be enough to get him waived?

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Elston has like 18 tackles and an INT. Anderson is a ST guy. Maybe they have concerns about coverage this week but Elston is a better safety than Thomas or Anderson IMO. 

Elston has definitely made a few plays out there this season.  I hate to say it, but it seems like another questionable personnel move by mcbeane.  These sorts of moves appear to be adding up in their first year on the job

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Both were chosen by McDermott. Whaley was busy pouring cups of coffee at the time.

OK, so in your opinion , let me get this straight...while McD was forming his coaching staff and evaluating the roster at hand. As a first time HC in the league hired by the tenured GM, McD was also scanning the list of upcoming FA's available for the upcoming season? Even tho McD's previous stint was DC and a long shot HC candidate, who by all accounts was a bigger long shot after his Panthers defense had an off year stats wise. McD had the wherewithal, to compile a list for the GM to acquire these two players? C'mon man!?  

McD is organized (so they say) but traditionally it is the GM who acquires the players based upon what the HC  requires NOT the other way around...Give credit where it belongs, DW was a pretty good evaluator of talent, he was just not good with finding a franchise QB, a skill most teams in the league are lacking.

By all intent and purpose, why hire Beane if McD is the mastermind and talent evaluator? OBD can use the funds to boost the scouting department...