Deonte Thompson Shoulder Injury - Active Today

26CornerBlitz

Posted by Chris Brown on December 28, 2017 – 1:56 pm

Bills WR Deonte Thompson stepped out of practice early on Thursday. Head coach Sean McDermott provided an update on his status post practice.

“He’s still being evaluated right now,” said McDermott. “That’s why I went in to check on him. It’s his shoulder a little bit, but we’ll see.”

Thompson will likely be listed as a limited participant for Thursday’s practice. What his status will be for Sunday’s game will be known on Friday. If for some reason the shoulder injury should keep him out of Sunday’s game, Buffalo would likely turn to Brandon Tate or Brandon Reilly.

Let's hope he's ok and will be good to go Sunday.   Thompson has been absolutely clutch when his number is called, and I can see him having a big game Sunday.   This guy is a competitor, and in big game situations, he simply rises to the occasion.  

Just now, smuvtalker said:

Let's hope he's ok and will be good to go Sunday.   Thompson has been absolutely clutch when his number is called, and I can see him having a big game Sunday.   This guy is a competitor, and in big game situations, he simply rises to the occasion.  

He's been a marked improvement over Zay Jones and provides a semblance of a deep threat that's been sorely missing for much of the season. 

19 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I think you filled your cliche quota in one post......having said that...he has played well this year

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's been a marked improvement over Zay Jones and provides a semblance of a deep threat that's been sorely missing for much of the season. 

Yes.  Thompson took his opportunity when players went down and shined.  Not only has he been a legitimate deep threat we've sorely lacked, but he plays physical as well. To me he's earned the clear cut #2 role after Benjamin.  I really hope he gets to play Sunday.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think you filled your cliche quota in one post......having said that...he has played well this year

Lol maybe so, but would you disagree?

4 hours ago, Blade4Vor said:

Deonte Thompson has added some excitement to a passing game that has been mostly non-existent.  I really hope he can play Sunday!  Hopefully, this is mostly precautionary in regard to the shoulder injury. 

he has but I have no idea how a guy with 4.33 40 speed can be blanketed as often as he is on deep routes.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He is our only deep threat....still waiting for Reilly to catch 1 ball. 

Except he is never open deep, which is why Tyrod throws the ball out of bounds most times.

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

he has but I have no idea how a guy with 4.33 40 speed can be blanketed as often as he is on deep routes.

Except he is never open deep, which is why Tyrod throws the ball out of bounds most times.

The 33 and 46 yard gains last week must have been imagined. 

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The 33 and 46 yard gains last week must have been imagined. 

The one was not on a deep route it was more because of a great pattern concept where he started over the middle and then bent it back towards the corner...unsure why we don't run that more often, that is a very hard route to try and cover.

OK...I shouldn't say NEVER...I'll say rarely.  He is blanketed far more than he is open on those routes. Probably by a 7 or 8 to 1 margin.

That being said...I do like Thompson...he definitely has a flair for the big play when we need it the most...I doubt we win the Tampa Bay game or the Colts game without big plays from him in the final minutes and in OT.

Edited by matter2003

5 hours ago, nucci said:

No, I agree with you...I said he has played well this year...just having fun...no offense intended

None taken ☺    i do hope he's able to play Sunday though....i don't know why but something in my gut tells me everything that has to happen for us will, and come Sunday night our 17 year drought will be over...

That something in my gut could just be all the ham i have consumed this holiday season....

4 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

None taken ☺    i do hope he's able to play Sunday though....i don't know why but something in my gut tells me everything that has to happen for us will, and come Sunday night our 17 year drought will be over...

That something in my gut could just be all the ham i have consumed this holiday season....

And the best part about it will be a stadium filled with more Bills fans than Dolphins fans I bet...

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And the best part about it will be a stadium filled with more Bills fans than Dolphins fans I bet...

yep the NFL flexing this game to 4:25 definitely helps us out.  Lot of Miami residents gonna want to get ready to go out to the clibz for NYE instead of attending the game and having to deal with traffic, etc. (Especially with the Fish mathematically eliminated from the playoffs)

Edited by RiotAct