Flying on United?

Just Jack

Woman accused of racism by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is human-rights activist

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/27/woman-accused-racism-dem-rep-human-rights-activist/

united26n-1-web-310x165.jpg

The woman Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee accused of racism is a celebrated photojournalist who helped document human-rights abuses in war-torn Guatemala during the 1980s.

Jean-Marie Simon, whose first-class seat on a United Airlines flight was given to Ms. Jackson Lee, Texas Democrat, lived and worked in Guatemala during the turbulent decade that saw the military seize control of the government in a coup. Hundreds of thousands of Guatemalans were killed or “disappeared” during the conflict.

Now a teacher, Ms. Simon, 63, is the author of “Guatemala: Eternal Spring Eternal Tyranny.” A 2012 blog post on Amnesty International saidMs. Simon donated 1,000 copies of her book to schools and universities in Guatemala “to keep the truth of what happened alive.”

In a tweet Tuesday, Ms. Jackson Lee suggested Ms. Simon was upset about her seat being given away because it was given to an “African-American woman.”

In a Facebook post last week, Ms. Simon said her first-class ticket on a United Airlines flight from Houston to Washington, D.C., was given to Ms. Jackson Lee. She was on a return trip from Guatemala.

After bartering with Ms. Simon over the amount of the voucher she would receive as compensation, United eventually placed the disgruntled passenger in Economy Plus. The airline has yet to apologize for the incident.

“I was the last passenger on the plane,” Ms. Simon wrote on Facebook. “A Texas congressman, a nice guy, sat down next to me. He said was glad I had made it on the flight. I showed him my boarding pass with my seat, 1A, printed on it. He said, ‘You know what happened, right? Do you know who’s in your seat?’ I said no. He told me that it was Jackson Lee, a fellow U.S. congresswoman who regularly does this, that this was the third time he personally had watched her bump a passenger.”

Ms. Jackson Lee said she did nothing wrong, but “in the spirit of the season and out of the sincerity of my heart, if it is perceived that I had anything to do with this, I am kind enough to simply say sorry.”

Why don't you have you have your poor staff call ahead for a seat ?

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

How does one bump a passenger like she is accused?  I don't fly often

Read the story....you go up to scan your boarding pass and they make up some bullsh-- about how your seat is not in the system.

I've seen Congresscriter-types on planes before (fairly common between NYC and DC).  If they are the type who just show up quietly and get on the plane it doesn't happen.  But if you are some entitled c--t like Shelia Jackson you made sure everyone knows who you are and that you expected the royal treatment.   I'd bet my house she didn't have a first class seat reserved and paid for on that flight;  she just showed up, demanded it, and they catered to her.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Woman accused of racism by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee is human-rights activist

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/27/woman-accused-racism-dem-rep-human-rights-activist/

united26n-1-web-310x165.jpg

The woman Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee accused of racism is a celebrated photojournalist who helped document human-rights abuses in war-torn Guatemala during the 1980s.

Jean-Marie Simon, whose first-class seat on a United Airlines flight was given to Ms. Jackson Lee, Texas Democrat, lived and worked in Guatemala during the turbulent decade that saw the military seize control of the government in a coup. Hundreds of thousands of Guatemalans were killed or “disappeared” during the conflict.

Now a teacher, Ms. Simon, 63, is the author of “Guatemala: Eternal Spring Eternal Tyranny.” A 2012 blog post on Amnesty International saidMs. Simon donated 1,000 copies of her book to schools and universities in Guatemala “to keep the truth of what happened alive.”

In a tweet Tuesday, Ms. Jackson Lee suggested Ms. Simon was upset about her seat being given away because it was given to an “African-American woman.”

In a Facebook post last week, Ms. Simon said her first-class ticket on a United Airlines flight from Houston to Washington, D.C., was given to Ms. Jackson Lee. She was on a return trip from Guatemala.

After bartering with Ms. Simon over the amount of the voucher she would receive as compensation, United eventually placed the disgruntled passenger in Economy Plus. The airline has yet to apologize for the incident.

“I was the last passenger on the plane,” Ms. Simon wrote on Facebook. “A Texas congressman, a nice guy, sat down next to me. He said was glad I had made it on the flight. I showed him my boarding pass with my seat, 1A, printed on it. He said, ‘You know what happened, right? Do you know who’s in your seat?’ I said no. He told me that it was Jackson Lee, a fellow U.S. congresswoman who regularly does this, that this was the third time he personally had watched her bump a passenger.”

Ms. Jackson Lee said she did nothing wrong, but “in the spirit of the season and out of the sincerity of my heart, if it is perceived that I had anything to do with this, I am kind enough to simply say sorry.”

Why don't you have you have your poor staff call ahead for a seat ?

What a flipping whore. And, she played the race card? This should offend black folks, white folks, Hispanic folks, etc...

She must be a democrat, as the media has not made a big deal about this. But, I have seen multiple reports on Christy Teegan, who I am quickly learning to hate for more than just her inability to understand how to use the word "otherwise."

9vNSFmG.jpg

They pay for the tickets from their own funds.

I flew the Dulles to LA trip for two years straight, just prior to 9/11. The flight that was used to hit the Pentagon.

Maxine Waters was on it nearly every Friday when Congress was in session. to LAX, and Monday back to Dulles.

Every time, she would have some aid, always a black male,  drop a ton of paperwork in her 1st class seat, then head back to coach. She would always board at the last minute and take her 1st class seat.

She always left a huge mess. Worse than any passenger I ever saw, and was remarkably rude.

So rude that I made it a point to force the issue.

Captains usually stand at the door and say goodbye to passengers on front loading airplanes, like the 757. Usually, the 1st class is off by the time you finish your stuff and get up.

When she was on, I always got up early and stood there so I could say goodbye to her, and win a bet with others that she would never look at nor acknowledge me, or any other human.

She intentionally never made eye contact and never said a word to anyone.

Most condescending body language I ever encountered was from her and a few other celebrities that I won't mention.

Edited by sherpa

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

I flew the Dulles to LA trip for two years straight, just prior to 9/11. The flight that was used to hit the Pentagon.

Maxine Waters was on it nearly every Friday when Congress was in session. to LAX, and Monday back to Dulles.

Every time, she would have some aid, always a black male,  drop a ton of paperwork in her 1st class seat, then head back to coach. She would always board at the last minute and take her 1st class seat.

She always left a huge mess. Worse than any passenger I ever saw, and was remarkably rude.

So rude that I made it a point to force the issue.

Captains usually stand at the door and say goodbye to passengers on front loading airplanes, like the 757. Usually, the 1st class is off by the time you finish your stuff and get up.

When she was on, I always got up early and stood there so I could say goodbye to her, and win a bet with others that she would never look at nor acknowledge me, or any other human.

She intentionally never made eye contact and never said a word to anyone.

Most condescending body language I ever encountered was from her and a few other celebrities that I won't mention.

Did she at least rock the James Brown wig?

14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Read the story....you go up to scan your boarding pass and they make up some bullsh-- about how your seat is not in the system.

I've seen Congresscriter-types on planes before (fairly common between NYC and DC).  If they are the type who just show up quietly and get on the plane it doesn't happen.  But if you are some entitled c--t like Shelia Jackson you made sure everyone knows who you are and that you expected the royal treatment.   I'd bet my house she didn't have a first class seat reserved and paid for on that flight;  she just showed up, demanded it, and they catered to her.

I get it. But how do they just bump you? My fat!@#$ dad has bumped people from flights but I don't care to ask him about it.

If you're a frequent customer/flier can you just demand a seat?

8 hours ago, sherpa said:

I was being facetious. They all receive approximately a quarter million dollars as an allowance to cover expenses such as travel.

Taxpayer funded, of course.

46 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I was being facetious. They all receive approximately a quarter million dollars as an allowance to cover expenses such as travel.

Taxpayer funded, of course.

and rarely audited

the best was the NBA refs getting first class seats on their CBA and then cashing them in for coach and keeping the diff and not reporting it as income.

that was a heck of a coverup by the NBA to get out of that one with the IRS....

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

and rarely audited

the best was the NBA refs getting first class seats on their CBA and then cashing them in for coach and keeping the diff and not reporting it as income.

that was a heck of a coverup by the NBA to get out of that one with the IRS....

Probably cost them some courtside seats.

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Probably cost them some courtside seats.

Stern didn't totally mess up that one, one in his positive column, but not really....

Owing the IRS $100,000 plus for a each of a dozen or so refs can start to get into serious charges...

‘Braking’ news! CNN might have found truck that blocked view of Trump on golf course

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/29/braking-news-cnn-might-have-found-truck-that-blocked-view-of-trump-on-golf-course/?utm_campaign=twitchywidget

As you now know, CNN has developed quite an obsession with the white box truck that blocked the media’s view of President Trump on the golf course a day after a CNN photojournalist got video through hedges of Trump on the course.

The super-sleuths at CNN might have located the truck, or at least one that looks a lot like it:

What would the country do without the guardians of the Republic at CNN?

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

‘Braking’ news! CNN might have found truck that blocked view of Trump on golf course

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/29/braking-news-cnn-might-have-found-truck-that-blocked-view-of-trump-on-golf-course/?utm_campaign=twitchywidget

As you now know, CNN has developed quite an obsession with the white box truck that blocked the media’s view of President Trump on the golf course a day after a CNN photojournalist got video through hedges of Trump on the course.

The super-sleuths at CNN might have located the truck, or at least one that looks a lot like it:

What would the country do without the guardians of the Republic at CNN?

Yawn