Bills' Fan Creates GoFundMe Page to Have Tolbert Cut

26CornerBlitz

Another example of how a fan did something arguably stupid or disrespectful, but the pro made himself look worse.

The whole schtick about dreaming we were him and could never do what he does, etc, etc... 

Just another POS elitist pro who actually thinks playing football makes him better than everyone else. Part of me hates him, and part of me feels bad for him, but clearly he needs to feel important and cannot handle criticism.

It's always the "toughest" that have the thinnest skin. And for the record, Tolbert is a steaming pile, and it's pritnear highway robbery that he gets a check from the NFL. 

7 hours ago, JTown said:

This is s total d-bag move by an apparent Bills fan.  Whether you like him or not, the man is human for Christ's sakes.

This sends a horrible image of Bills fans in general and along with table slamming or jumping. Our image is not very good right now.  I for one would like to see Bills fans acting with more class on-line and at the tailgating events. 

Hopefully someday these individuals will grow up! 

I couldn't care less about our image, do you?

Class? I guess we have very different priorities. I can't imagine how stressful it must be to try to live up to some arbitrary "class" structure, to try to impress people who are just desperately trying to impress you as well. Yuck.

Honestly, if people cannot handle justified criticism, perhaps they should stay off the disgusting cesspool known as social media. Maybe Tolbert should "grow up" and stop letting some random person online get his panties all in a bunch.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

He got paid $30K a week to be on Denver's practice squad, which works out to $510k over a 17 week season.  He was signed by the Saints in November for a deal that pays him an average of $645k a year.  Not exactly top dollar, and quite a bit less than what Tolbert's collecting.  

What he got paid as a practice squad player was unusually high. Williams is a 2nd year player while Tolbert is a long time NFL veteran so there is going to be disparity in what they get paid.  The point is that he garnered interest so there was no non-football issue despite speculation.

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Tolbert appears to be giving 100% effort which is all you can ask.  It's not his fault they're playing him as often as they do.  A hand off on 2nd and 20 at New England to Tolbert is an example of why Dennison needs to go.

which makes me wonder...what are they going into miami with at rb other than shady? any moves?

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What he got paid as a practice squad player was unusually high. Williams is a 2nd year player while Tolbert is a long time NFL veteran so there is going to be disparity in what they get paid.  The point is that he garnered interest so there was no non-football issue despite speculation.

Agree to disagree.  I thought he looked like a solid #2, so spending most of the season on a team's practice squad before being signed to the team with the best 1-2 punch of RBs doesn't seem like a ton of interest to me.  Of course, it's just as likely that I overvalued his worth.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Agree to disagree.  I thought he looked like a solid #2, so spending most of the season on a team's practice squad before being signed to the team with the best 1-2 punch of RBs doesn't seem like a ton of interest to me.  Of course, it's just as likely that I overvalued his worth.

There are a lot of Jonathan Williams's and Mike Gillislee's in the world. 

I wasn't missing either one of them once we had Cadet carrying the ball. Serviceable backup RBs are not hard to come by. It's the studs that are a bit harder to find. But unlike QB, the drop from starting RB to backup RB is not that severe. 

25 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

It doesn't help that they seem to call the same play whether Shady or Tolbert is in. I don't mind Mike in on short yardage plowing up the middle. He cannot run outside and has no agility or speed. He's all power and doesn't seem to lower his pad level enough.

Last week he was all power, but without the power.  I marveled at the fact that Dion Lewis regularly required 3+ Bills to bring him down, while Tolbert hit the deck on first contact.

22 hours ago, Steptide said:

Maybe this will otivate home to play good this sunday. By the way, what were they gonna do with the money raised? 

Side note, it is fairly astounding that the bills kept Tolbert over Jonathan Williams 

I try to trust the process.  I like most of what has happened with our FO.  But, Tolbert/Williams concerns me regarding the front office.  

My slight concern is does our our front office have too big an ego.  Hopefully not.  Time will tell.

Go Bills!

43 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

There are a lot of Jonathan Williams's and Mike Gillislee's in the world. 

I wasn't missing either one of them once we had Cadet carrying the ball. Serviceable backup RBs are not hard to come by. It's the studs that are a bit harder to find. But unlike QB, the drop from starting RB to backup RB is not that severe. 

I agree to a certain extent, but that makes having Tolbert as our #2 for most of the season even more of a head-scratcher.  We didn't find Cadet until the season was half over.  He's also never been used much as a running RB; his 23 carries this season are more than double what he'd amassed in any other season prior.  

35 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

I agree to a certain extent, but that makes having Tolbert as our #2 for most of the season even more of a head-scratcher.  We didn't find Cadet until the season was half over.  He's also never been used much as a running RB; his 23 carries this season are more than double what he'd amassed in any other season prior.  

Agree totally. In no way am I defending Tolbert. As well as the Bills have done getting the most out of players this season, any time Tolbert is in the game is a waste of a roster spot. Maybe the holes aren’t there and only a speedier shiftier  guy can make something happen. Whatever the case, Tolbert doesn’t make much happen with his touches. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

Just now, sleeby said:

Mike cannot catch a pass - they need to stop throwing to him.  Williams looked good in pre season.  Whole thing is a mystery.   Anyone have an update on cadet's leg?  Hope it was not as bad as it looked - which was very bad.

Dislocated ankle with a recovery time of approximately 12 weeks.