Some thoughts about the Bills and the team's future

jahnyc

On 12/24/2017 at 6:42 PM, 87168 said:

"Dead weight" but all of those players have been major contributors to their current team, all while making the playoffs.

Geez, don't confuse good propaganda with facts FCOL! 

On 12/24/2017 at 2:55 PM, Jasovon said:

Time to bribe the refs basically. Double whatever Kraft is paying them.

After qb, that should be 2nd on the list. Unfortunately the refs aren't favoring NE because of bribe money. It's all because of TV revenue. The Bills are a non compelling small market team that the NFL only desires as schedule filler.

On 12/24/2017 at 3:15 PM, MAJBobby said:

Build a new Stadium and the NFL will order the breaks go to you. 

That and a couple of superstar players and you get to join the high brows...

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I happen to believe the OP's thoughts on the Bills pretty much mirror mine.  With the defensive game planning and quality DB's we have, if this team could upgrade the front 7 with people who can stuff the run and get after the QB, this could turn out to be a top 3 defense.  Of course, that is much easier said than done and we'll have to get some proven commodities via FA and hope that the scouting department and GM are able to identify and select those players through the draft.  We have 5 picks in the first three rounds and I'm guessing we'll find a few solid contributors with those picks.   

The way I see it is that we need:

1 High caliber DE

2 new DT's

2 more LB's

1 more DB providing depth (assuming Gaines is retained), if not we'll need 2 more DB's.

1 Guard

1 QB

1 WR to be the #2 (Zay in the slot)

Possibly a tackle if we trade away Cordy Glenn.  I hope that he's health enough so that we don't have to fill yet another hole.

A lot of holes on this team, it's amazing to me that with all these needs that the Bills were able to get as many wins as they did.  It's a credit to the coaching staff and the preparation and solid fundamentals they've displayed through most of the year.