Hot Take: 2018 Quarterback

elijah

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

All I’ll add is this

if he plays like crap tomorrow expect heavy criticism.  

peterman starts the 2nd half and engineers a few drives that rico has been praying to succeed at all year long but can't with tt. we end up with the upset 31-28. peterman starts at miami and we win 31-17. from there who knows what but the drought is over.

the staff feels they can go into next season comfortable taking their chances on nate, but pick mayfield or rudolph. they keep and spend all their picks wisely. we sign a viable free agent vet for insurance. trust the process. ...and if you want to flame me for this post...wait two weeks.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

This is were things get messy, 53 yards vs the saints and 65 vs NE is crapping the bed as well but yet TT remains the starter and he is a 7 year vet but a rookie only get 2 quarters.... 

Saints game was TERRIBLE! It was the worst game I'd say of Taylor's career.

Still not nearly as bad as Peterman's half against the Chargers.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

All I’ll add is this

if he plays like crap tomorrow expect heavy criticism.  

Directed at me? 

Why? I don't play QB for the Bills.

Are you going to send me a nice Christmas gift basket if he plays well? 0:)

2 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Because the team didn’t draft Watson, Mahomes, Kizer, Webb or Beathard. 

He caught a break. 

Yeah... we all know about your Mahomes love. :flirt:

Other than Watson, your list is a very nice Christmas joke, though :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

41 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Directed at me? 

Why? I don't play QB for the Bills.

Are you going to send me a nice Christmas gift basket if he plays well? 0:)

It is directed at whoever it applies too. 

Define “plays well”.  

A win? 

Or a loss with “good” stats?

We need great not well.  

jmo

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It is directed at whoever it applies too. 

Define “plays well”.  

A win? 

Or a loss with “good” stats?

We need great not well.  

jmo

Oh dear lord... I can't wait til the Tyrod Taylor era is over at latest by the end of 2018 mainly so I can stop reading posters like you pin all the Bills woes and none of their successes on him :doh:

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh dear lord... I can't wait til the Tyrod Taylor era is over at latest by the end of 2018 mainly so I can stop reading posters like you pin all the Bills woes and none of their successes on him :doh:

One week you are done with Tyrod

(know he’s not good enough)  the next you are not. 

Make up your mind.  

A big pile of steaming crap ? will also keep you warm.  That doesn’t mean I want to do it for very long. 

As in that may be the best option at the moment.  

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What if we don't make the playoffs?

That IF is less than 40% no?

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why the hell is Taylor still the starter, then? :doh:

Because there's also no confidence in Petey at this point either.

For someone who has shown a consistent history of being wrong about TT and the coaching staff's opinion of him, you do dig in pretty hard with these zany opinions.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

One week you are done with Tyrod

(know he’s not good enough)  the next you are not. 

Make up your mind.  

A big pile of steaming crap ? will also keep you warm.  That doesn’t mean I want to do it for very long. 

As in that may be the best option at the moment.  

That IF is less than 40% no?

What

the truck

are you talking about?

I've always known you have a serious communication problem; what's serious from you and what's not is maybe the least obvious from any poster on this message board... and I've seen a number of posters with that same confusion.

But now you're truly making me question your reading comprehension.

We are moving on from Taylor after we draft/acquire a QB this offseason. It might not be that Taylor's gone this offseason. He might still start as a bridge to the new guy next year.

But his replacement will be here in 2018 and he will be gone in 2019, barring making the playoffs and winning a couple games.

That was/is/shall be my position.

Understand now?

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Because there's also no confidence in Petey at this point either.

For someone who has shown a consistent history of being wrong about TT and the coaching staff's opinion of him, you do dig in pretty hard with these zany opinions.

Nothing zany about an opinion that a guy who's under a 1 year contract after this year and has no clear upgrades to replace him on the roster won't be back for a one year Bridge.

It's only zany in that weird reality some of you have created where everything wrong with the Buffalo Bills is Tyrod Taylor's fault. 0:)

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What

the truck

are you talking about?

I've always known you have a serious communication problem; what's serious from you and what's not is maybe the least obvious from any poster on this message board... and I've seen a number of posters with that same confusion.

But now you're truly making me question your reading comprehension.

We are moving on from Taylor after we draft/acquire a QB this offseason. It might not be that Taylor's gone this offseason. He might still start as a bridge to the new guy next year.

But his replacement will be here in 2018 and he will be gone in 2019, barring making the playoffs and winning a couple games.

That was/is/shall be my position.

Understand now?

Nothing zany about an opinion that a guy who's under a 1 year contract after this year and has no clear upgrades to replace him on the roster won't be back for a one year Bridge.

It's only zany in that weird reality some of you have created where everything wrong with the Buffalo Bills is Tyrod Taylor's fault. 0:)

C'mon dude. You were the last to know McD didn't consider Taylor the QB of the future. How many posts did you spend arguing that?

Maybe just join everybody else for once.

10 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Agreed. The OP seemed to base his whole premise on if we make the playoffs. I am assuming that means he thinks something different will happen if we don't. 

I want to believe we can but I’m also telling myself to say they won’t and be happy if they so. 

We need help or let nature take its course with teams that got an easier early schedule.  

5 hours ago, mannc said:

How about Aaron Rodgers for Bills ‘18 Qb?  

Packers might have to release him...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21863467/teams-complain-nfl-green-bay-packers-violated-ir-rule-think-aaron-rodgers-released

Pipe dream, but McBeane should hire someone just to sit by the phone ready to make that call.