Are the Jags a serious threat to win to win the SB this year

njbuff

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He ran off.

As many have said he was  offered an extension but he bailed.

I resented him at the time, but with the benefit of hindsight I think he realized he was in a bad situation where he couldn't be successful. It wouldn't surprise me to find out he left because he lost a power struggle. If that's the case it appears he knew what he was doing.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

They 100% are.  Elite defense and run game travels.  No one in the AFC want to play Jacksonville.

between bouye and ramsay they can shut down the pats and steelers pass atack along with sacking the qb a lot. they are built like the seahawks were.  

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

between bouye and ramsay they can shut down the pats and steelers pass atack along with sacking the qb a lot. they are built like the seahawks were.  

I dont know if Bortles will make the plays to win those games but he will have the opportunity to.  I want for nothing more than Buffalo sneaking into the playoffs and knocking the Jags out that would be fantastic.     

On 12/20/2017 at 5:11 PM, njbuff said:

I don't know if they are or they aren't, but thanks to all those top five picks that they have had for years, their time table has certainly been sped up in terms of being a contender.

So, does Marrone look like a genius by kicking the Bills and the fans to the curb or is it just pure good luck?

What do you think?

99.9% luck

Marrone quit the Bills gig because he confused effort with results. He thought he'd have his choice of HC jobs that offseason. Boy, was he wrong.

What he did well was seeing a situation in Jaguars where a talented young GM in David Caldwell building a very talented franchise and a head coach who was incompetent. He got in there and convinced the owner to dump Bradley and hire him. That was a great move on his and his agent's part.

Jaguars are the real deal because their roster is loaded. Kudos to Marrone for doing enough not to completely screw it up.

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I dont know if Bortles will make the plays to win those games but he will have the opportunity to.  I want for nothing more than Buffalo sneaking into the playoffs and knocking the Jags out that would be fantastic.     

bortles just has to be efficent and not lose the game. that's what wilson did in the playoffs that year.  9-18 103 yards beat saints, 16-25 215 yards 1 td beat san fran, 18-25 206 yards 2 tds beat den in sb.  let the run game dominate and the defense make plays and just don't lose the game. 

22 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

The Jaguars prevailed over the Seahawks because Seattle lost both of its star linebackers. They beat the Chargers because Los Angeles made so many mistakes. Jacksonville had just one legitimate scoring drive in that contest. The Jaguars have otherwise beaten lots of bad teams, except when they lost to the Cardinals and nearly went down to the Browns, holding just a 10-7 lead in the middle of the fourth quarter.  They're overachieving, and they're likely going to make the playoffs, but they'll lose in the postseason right away and will win just 3-4 games next year once things stop going their way.

Losses to juggernauts like the Titans, Jets, Arizona and Raiders. Soft division and schedule.  Good year for them no doubt but they are not there yet and Bortles is well, Bortles. 

When you need to make so many different  excuses for why teams lost to the Jags ,  its time to re-examine your basic premise.       The Jaguars have scored 374 points and have only given up 209 points.  That tells the story right there on why they are winning. No need to weave a complex web of explanations.

I like the bold prediction though that the Jags will just win 3-4 games next year.  Thats really laying out on the line .

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

When you need to make so many different  excuses for why teams lost to the Jags ,  its time to re-examine your basic premise.       The Jaguars have scored 374 points and have only given up 209 points.  That tells the story right there on why they are winning. No need to weave a complex web of explanations.

I like the bold prediction though that the Jags will just win 3-4 games next year.  Thats really laying out on the line .

i mean how many mistakes could the chargers have made? and i always love when someone makes an argument they say one side choked or made a mistake but give no credit to the other side who could have forced those errors.  he brings up a random game from way back but also doesn't mention how they slaughtered the steelers.