We've been more competitive at Gillette the last couple years than you'd think

Another Fan

37 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

keep telling yourself this , my friend.  Bills don't belong on the same field this season.    I'm thinking we get shut out.  Honestly.  not bc Bills are bad, they just don't match up at all with the Pats in any area

Well then we will at least see Peterman in 2nd half.

That 2011 game...

I think Brady threw for 1,748 yards in the second half of the game, or something like that.

And for 6 touchdowns.

Patriots seem susceptible to putting up a stinker or 2 AT HOME per season....where they may win, but in really ugly fashion and in a very close game.

Who knows, maybe we can catch them looking forward to the playoffs.

EDIT:  Brady threw for 338 yds in that game; seems low to me; I think I am thinking of a different game.

Edited by Fadingpain

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

That 2011 game...

I think Brady threw for 1,748 yards in the second half of the game, or something like that.

And for 6 touchdowns.

Patriots seem susceptible to putting up a stinker or 2 AT HOME per season....where they may win, but in really ugly fashion and in a very close game.

Who knows, maybe we can catch them looking forward to the playoffs.

EDIT:  Brady threw for 338 yds in that game; seems low to me; I think I am thinking of a different game.

that must be some kinda record or something?   

10 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I'll just briefly highlight the last couple years:

2009- Okay were all Bills fans so we know how that game painfully ended.  Should've won it though

2010- Lost 38-30.  Were still in the game late I believe.  Spiller had a TD returning it.

2011- Really the only recent blowout I remember.  Lost 49-21 I think.  Still we were up 21-0 at one time.

2012- Fitz threw a last minute red zone pick with a minute left.  Could've easily stole that game

2013- Lost 34-20.  Still it was within grasp the whole way

2014- last game of the year but still won

2015- Were right there most of the way.  Still technically had a chance to tie on the last drive

2016- No Brady but we won

2011 has really been the only blowout.  Hoping for good things Sunday.  Go Bills

Yeah man, feels GREAT to be so competitive!

I'm so looking forward to watching a good game. I like good games, cuz I feel so good even when the Bills lose. I just watch to see top competitors at their craft.

Good times, these losses!

11 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Yeah man, feels GREAT to be so competitive!

I'm so looking forward to watching a good game. I like good games, cuz I feel so good even when the Bills lose. I just watch to see top competitors at their craft.

Good times, these losses!

Not saying I enjoyed watching them.  It's more we shouldn't think of Sunday as an automatic L

16 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

keep telling yourself this , my friend.  Bills don't belong on the same field this season.    I'm thinking we get shut out.  Honestly.  not bc Bills are bad, they just don't match up at all with the Pats in any area

Even thought the Pats defense is vastly improved since the first month of the season, the one achilles heal they might have is their pass defense which has been somewhat exploited again the last few weeks by Cutler and Big Ben.

But again that's the problem for the Bills, unless we play NP we don't have any real chance of trying to exploit that matchup which is probably why we do lose big again and the game is over by halftime.

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Not saying I enjoyed watching them.  It's more we shouldn't think of Sunday as an automatic L

There has never been a game that I have considered an automatic win or loss. I go into every individual game expecting the Bills to win, even while realizing that the team may be bad (in other words, I might expect a bad record for the season, but have hope for individual games). 

I think any games from more than a couple seasons back have no impact on this game, and even the most recent probably don't mean much either. 

The 2015 game was quite a performance by the Bills and one of the rare high points of Rex's career.  We absolutely brutalized Brady that game and we exposed their offensive line which was very patchwork that year but getting by until that point.  Patriots opponents the rest of the way took the bills formula established that game.  pats lost the number one seed against a strong pass rush week 17 and lost the afc championship game against the broncos also due to a strong pass rush.  It would not be surprising if this was the game Giselle was talking about when she referenced baradys concussions.