Packers Shutdown Aaron Rodgers for the Season by Placing Him on IR

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

And it’s also a lot different than “not going to happen”.  Seems like a clear violation by Pack of a rule, the consequence of which is that the player gets released.  So why is it “not gonna happen”?

Because the league approved him being placed on IR. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Would be amazing if he got released and ended up a Bill, sadly our luck would have him go to the Pats and Brady retires.

BTW no way Pack is forced to release him IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

There sorry that took so long.. I did not intend to mislead anyone the way ESPN headlines did.

it was kind of misleading, I even had to take a look and soon found that it was referring to releasing him from IR. honest mistake. ignore the board patrol, some tend to be sensitive to stepping on their (duplicate thread) toes when they have already posted the article.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it was kind of misleading, I even had to take a look and soon found that it was referring to releasing him from IR. honest mistake. ignore the board patrol, some tend to be sensitive to stepping on their (duplicate thread) toes when they have already posted the article.

DuhBillsFan doesn't get it. 

Deleting a thread is above my pay grade.  There is validity in the discussion here. If it needs to be merge I'm down with that. 

On Rodgers and league IR approval. Isn't a new physical required? I don't know all the ins and outs but some protocol must be required. One would think minimally a fine or suspension is in order. 

Edited by Lenigmusx

This is a problem with the league. Rules should be uniformly enforced, no matter what the franchise or who the player. Picking and choosing when to enforce rules is a bunch of BS and this lack of consistency with disciplinary action is one of the things that's pissing fans off these days.

• Like (+1) 1