Panthers' LB Thomas Davis Suspended Two Games for Blindside Block on Davante Adams - Reduced to 1 Game

26CornerBlitz

33 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

If he were on any other team it would have been a 4 game suspension.  Post-play hit, to the back of the head, leading with the elbow.  But he's Gronk, and he plays for the Pats***, and he's funny.......and other such nonsense.  

I think both incidents deserved 2 games each.

....here's the irony....and forget the details because I'm not Dunkirk Don (LOL)....but some of my buds were watching a Dallas game (forget which one) with some major NFL execs, advertisers and club execs......the focal point was NOT the game.....TV revenues are a contractual slam dunk and up to those networks contracted with to find advertisers (think these deals may be softened by ratings/return though).....focal point was MERCHANDISE SALES that the game would generate period which I believe a major chunk goes to the league...could not believe it....so the NFL product is virtually bullet proof..hand slaps are in order and inconsistencies are trivial.....where else are MAJOR advertisers going to spend their dollars on any given Sunday?...Lawrence Welk re-runs?....The Weather Channel?.....Cooking With Julia Child?.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

This league is in danger from itself. The Davis hit was somehow worse than the Gronk hit? Cooks made a catch, James didn't?

Just make it up as you guys go. Don't worry.

I think Gronk should have got more, but Davis is a repeat offender and honestly that hit was much more vicious.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

How was this worse what Gronk did to Tre' White? As a matter of fact, I see what Gronk willfully and intentionally did as borderline criminal. And yet he only gets one game. It is the inconsistency that is so hard to understand.

If this occurred on the street he would be arrested for battery and could be facing jail time.

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

Seriously, what's wrong with Zach Brown?? Any reasonable person would agree this kind of hit has no place in football especially in this CTE awareness era.

Davante Adams: Thomas Davis was 'head hunting' with blindside hit that led to concussion

Oh damn I love zach brown

Thomas Davis is a hell of a player but a big douche

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

This league is in danger from itself. The Davis hit was somehow worse than the Gronk hit? Cooks made a catch, James didn't?

And if Gronk was suspended for 2 games, no way do the Pats win the game yesterday against Steelers

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I think Gronk should have got more, but Davis is a repeat offender and honestly that hit was much more vicious.

I guess it's all about who's viewing it. The Davis hit came during an actual play, so although a cheap shot in its own right I discount it a bit compared to another guy who disregards a whistle and intentionally slams everything he has on an unsuspecting player.

That old saying "keep your head on a swivel" could apply to Adams on that play. Tre didn't even have that chance. Maybe it's my Patriots bias but the Gronk hit infuriates me. The Davis hit was more like a "what the hell" moment and it looked like he felt the same way on the sideline.

Thats twice that Adams got a cheap shot, is he disliked for something? Seems like a quiet guy. 

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

How was this worse what Gronk did to Tre' White? As a matter of fact, I see what Gronk willfully and intentionally did as borderline criminal. And yet he only gets one game. It is the inconsistency that is so hard to understand.

Certainly not worse than Gronk.

At least they got it right this time.

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Zach Brown is on his back every time I watch a Skins game, then he magically comes back in the game later on. I think he is related to Gaines.

Zach Brown is wack :wacko:.

5 hours ago, Commonsense said:

That's messed up!

Edit: That whole Gronk things makes me so angry!

Edited by Manther