KC vs Chargers

Hebert19

26 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I don't believe this post. It's easy to type it but you are watching that game next week. Don't lie to us like that.

Seriously, I'll mostly focus on a more compelling game. Check the score, maybe watch the Bills offense here and there. It's what I do now. Set the DVR , rewatch if it's worth it. Haven't had to rewatch one yet. Last Bills/Pats I watched start to finish was last year when Brady was out. It's just less painful than watching the inevitable play out. And I've been following the team for over 35 years, so I'm no bandwagon fan. Just can't watch them vs NE anymore. 

52 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

If we win today, I would think people have to change their tune and get super excited for the game next week, and almost expect these guys to pull out a victory in NE. Unfortunately, I know a lot of the "fans" here will not, and will still expect a loss. Again, just not sure how so many go into kickoff each week with that attitude.

Win and we're in, so you are right. Beat the Dolphins today and let's see what happens the rest of the way!

To each their own, is correct. Skipping out on watching a game and just checking in on the score probably works pretty well for bandwagon and fair weather fans. Enjoy the scoreboard watching next week.

Ive been following this team since 1980. Hardly fair weather or bandwagon. It's great believing every game should be a W, but you have to look at the history. It's beyond ridiculous for an NFL franchise. Believing they will beat NE is a pipe dream. It will change when Brady is gone, but until then it's two L's per year barring injury. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Scenario 1:

Bills win out - 10-6

Help needed: Titans or Ravens to drop one game (Ravens must drop Bengals or Colts)

Scenario 2:

Bills win 2 of 3 - 9-7

Help needed option 1:

Ravens to go 1-2 

Chargers need to go 1-1 or 0-2

OR

Chargers go 2-0, then Titans need to drop 2 games (One has to be vs Jaguars)

Help needed option 2:

Titans to go 0-3

Ravens or Chargers need to drop just one of 4 games (any game except Ravens vs Browns)

Help needed option 3:

Titans to go 1-2

Ravens need to drop one to colts or Bengals

OR

Titans win is not against Jaguars

Chargers are irrelevant.

Help needed option 4:

Titans to go 2-1 or 3-0

We would need Ravens to lose 1 game (Colts or Bengals)

Chargers are irrelevant

So as you can see - there are options at every variation of the Titans winning/losing. So ultimately it is better to root for the Titans to lose at every turn until it becomes more clear.

Good analysis- assuming we win 2, I think the most likely scenario is the Titans losing  2 and we are in. If the Ravens lose 1 too,  we actually bump to 5th seed. 

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seriously, I'll mostly focus on a more compelling game. Check the score, maybe watch the Bills offense here and there. It's what I do now. Set the DVR , rewatch if it's worth it. Haven't had to rewatch one yet. Last Bills/Pats I watched start to finish was last year when Brady was out. It's just less painful than watching the inevitable play out. And I've been following the team for over 35 years, so I'm no bandwagon fan. Just can't watch them vs NE anymore. 

Ive been following this team since 1980. Hardly fair weather or bandwagon. It's great believing every game should be a W, but you have to look at the history. It's beyond ridiculous for an NFL franchise. Believing they will beat NE is a pipe dream. It will change when Brady is gone, but until then it's two L's per year barring injury. 

I know it's painful. I 100% agree with that. But I have to watch. I guess it is self inflicted torture. The plight of a Bills fan. 

49 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Well, not really, since those other things already happened and can't be changed. We still can win and get in.

win all three? seems they would need all three to not have to depend on "scenarios" to get in. either way, had they won earlier in the season the games they needed to win we wouldn't even be having this discussion see the top three seeds. jax, pitt, ne**

9 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Why would we need help at 10-6? We are in a tie with Baltimore right now and win the tie breaker. Why would that change?

Common games win percentage. Baltimore does better with a win against the Colts and Bengals. Baltimore losing to one of those two teams gives us the tie breaker back in strength of victory although them losing drops them to 9-7 anyways. This is the main reason we can get in at 9-7 still and chasing Baltimore isn't a lost cause yet.

Baltimore:

Bengals W

Raiders W

Dolphins W

Colts W

Bengals W

Bills:

Bengals L

Raiders W

Colts W

Dolphins W

Dolphins W

Fun fact though, beating New England and splitting with Miami loses the tiebreaker for us against Baltimore at 9-7. Super important for Ravens to drop one games (Colts or Bengals) and Bills to at least beat Miami twice.

Edited by What a Tuel

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I know the feels bro. I still watch the games vs the cheats cuz i like to see how we match up against the top heels of the nfl.  I understand everyone whonwouldnt want to peep it tho.