Mcd brings up Gronk at Centerfield?

KW95 - JA17

Very weak of McDermott to whine to Belichick about it.

That's on BB to initiate an apology there.   Veteran move by BB to be like "oh yeah, that....yeah that was bullish*t".:lol:

BB easily dismissed him without giving McD the satisfaction of an argument he must have(naively) been expecting.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rob-gronkowski-apologizes-to-tredavious-white-blames-frustration-for-cheap-shot/

CBS says that Bill called it bull crap.  See for yourselves.  As you can see, it would be Mcdermott who brings it up first.

If so, this shows that MCD is not a kitty!

He brought it up by thanking him for not putting gronkowski back on the field for the following pats drive.

Thanking the opposing coach for sitting down his guy who just took one of the cheapest shots in recent memory doesn't give me much hope of anything. 

That's at least what was being speculated on the post game. All I can clearly make out from McDermott is I personally... after that it tails off for me on what I can piece together.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Gronk frustrated because he is not getting away with blatant offensive pass interference like he used to and is getting caleld for it...as are a lot of receivers around the NFL...its very clear the NFL has issued specific instructions to officials to look out for it because its being called at least once or twice a game now...

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Of course he was going to bring it up and of course Belicheat was going to pay lip service.  Doesn't mean much.  Hopefully McD lights into his players for not doing anything about it on the field.

Like what?  Who does that?  

OK other than Mike Evans

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He brought it up by thanking him for not putting gronkowski back on the field for the following pats drive.

Thanking the opposing coach for sitting down his guy who just took one of the cheapest shots in recent memory doesn't give me much hope of anything. 

That's at least what was being speculated on the post game. All I can clearly make out from McDermott is I personally... after that it tails off for me on what I can piece together.

As WGR explained it he thanked him because he felt it would have caused some unneccessary stuff...

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Like what?  Who does that?

It's not hockey...all you'll do is get a 15 yard penalty against you and hurt the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

As WGR explained it he thanked him because he felt it would have caused some unneccessary stuff...

Yea which I may or may not agree with, it's tough as just a fan with little for me really actually at stake. I understand it, McDermott was just doing what he's shown to be. Always a professional, first and foremost.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

It's not hockey...all you'll do is get a 15 yard penalty against you and hurt the team.

NFL players really don't have an interest in retaliation as a group.  That has been clear for years.  

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Very weak of McDermott to whine to Belichick about it.

That's on BB to initiate an apology there.   Veteran move by BB to be like "oh yeah, that....yeah that was bullish*t".:lol:

BB easily dismissed him without giving McD the satisfaction of an argument he must have(naively) been expecting.

Just admit it BADOP*TZ - admit as long as BB is coach you are a fan of the P*TS.

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Gronk frustrated because he is not getting away with blatant offensive pass interference like he used to and is getting caleld for it...as are a lot of receivers around the NFL...its very clear the NFL has issued specific instructions to officials to look out for it because its being called at least once or twice a game now...

Maybe, but that was clearly defensive pass interference.  Watch it and tell me it wasn't.  And Gronk got called for a phantom offensive pass interference on NE's first drive to start the second 1/2.

3 minutes ago, T_Thomas said:

Maybe, but that was clearly defensive pass interference.  Watch it and tell me it wasn't.  And Gronk got called for a phantom offensive pass interference on NE's first drive to start the second 1/2.

I don't care...I've watched 10 games against the Bills where he gets away with shoving defenders back 2 or 3 yards or to the ground and then turning around and being wide open for passes.  Nobody is crying about those are they?

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

NFL players really don't have an interest in retaliation as a group.  That has been clear for years.  

It has no effect other than hurting your team...what are you going to do punch them in the helmet and break your hand?  Snatch their chain and get ejected from the game and then suspended? Then get called for a personal foul?

25 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea which I may or may not agree with, it's tough as just a fan with little for me really actually at stake. I understand it, McDermott was just doing what he's shown to be. Always a professional, first and foremost.

I mean don't you think the players and the coach have a hell of a lot more at stake than you as a fan do??

Edited by matter2003

I don't care...I've watched 10 games against the Bills where he gets away with shoving defenders back 2 or 3 yards or to the ground and then turning around and being wide open for passes.  Nobody is crying about those are they?

It has no effect other than hurting your team...what are you going to do punch them in the helmet and break your hand?  Snatch their chain and get ejected from the game and then suspended? Then get called for a personal foul?

Exactly, so I'm not sure why anyone here is upset or shocked or disappointed that no one did anything.  These guys are all pals going to work.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Disagree.  Teams like the Pats and Seahawks would not abide that behavior.

OK...show me an actual fist fight that accomplished anything by either of those teams other than getting personal fouls and/or player ejections.

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean don't you think the players and the coach have a hell of a lot more at stake than you as a fan do??

I failed to explain my point. That's what I was saying, these guys have careers at stake. As a fan, I just having rooting interest. So while we all yell about retaliation and they might feel that urge a bit too, it's a much more difficult decision to make.

But thanking him... That's bordering Charmin, not just being a good pro.