How Micah Hyde Landed with the Bills

"Even though this team doesn't want you, there's other teams out there that are going to be watching this film the next few weeks," Hyde recalled his agent saying. "Come free agency, you never know what's going to happen." 

At times during his four seasons in Green Bay, Hyde thought about playing at Lambeau Field in the green and gold for the rest of his career. But he learned before his final season as a Packer was over that those feelings weren't mutual. 

"It was eye opening," Hyde said. "It was like somebody stabbed me in my back because I still had to play for that team for the next whatever. But I played my best football I've ever played. Maybe when I get stabbed in my back it makes me play a little better. It was frustrating at the time, but God has a plan and it all worked out for me."

Thanks Ted Thompson. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Beef on Weck said:

Not sure how National GMs really looked at him but back when Hyde was still a Packer and names were being thrown around as possible Buffalo Bills pick ups - WNY Sports shows had him near top of the list as a great fit that they thought would never end up here.  

I had the same feeling. I was shocked when he signed with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Beef on Weck said:

Not sure how National GMs really looked at him but back when Hyde was still a Packer and names were being thrown around as possible Buffalo Bills pick ups - WNY Sports shows had him near top of the list as a great fit that they thought would never end up here.  

Of course, because they wrongly assume nobody wants to come here.