Avengers: Infinity War Trailer

Mark Vader

9 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The amount of characters in this movie is incredible.

This movie will be cinematic insanity.

I'd love to know how they determine salaries for this one.  Written into the contracts well ahead of time probably?

9 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The amount of characters in this movie is incredible.

This movie will be cinematic insanity.

Any truth to the rumor they're making it a trilogy, with the third installment being nothing but credits for the first two?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Any truth to the rumor they're making it a trilogy, with the third installment being nothing but credits for the first two?

This was originally supposed to be two movies.

There is going to be a fourth Avengers movie, but I don't know if it's a continuation of Infinity War or something completely different.

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

This was originally supposed to be two movies.

There is going to be a fourth Avengers movie, but I don't know if it's a continuation of Infinity War or something completely different.

From what I read yesterday, the 4th will be the final movie in the contract of all the original avengers and I thought I heard before it was the second half of infinity war being split in 2. Its probably pretty tough to not do it that way if the maon guys come back after something that is supposed to be so big as Infinity war.

Either way, since all the movies tie into each other, it is a continuation no matter what, kinda like how many consider Civil War to be Avengers 2 1/2 instead of Captain America 3. Its not like it matters, right now Marvel could release a movie of any of the Avengers out doing normal everyday stuff for a few hours and it would make Billions while DC will have another super hyped movie come out and be considered a flop by blockbuster movie standards......

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

From what I read yesterday, the 4th will be the final movie in the contract of all the original avengers and I thought I heard before it was the second half of infinity war being split in 2. Its probably pretty tough to not do it that way if the maon guys come back after something that is supposed to be so big as Infinity war.

Either way, since all the movies tie into each other, it is a continuation no matter what, kinda like how many consider Civil War to be Avengers 2 1/2 instead of Captain America 3. Its not like it matters, right now Marvel could release a movie of any of the Avengers out doing normal everyday stuff for a few hours and it would make Billions while DC will have another super hyped movie come out and be considered a flop by blockbuster movie standards......

I would certainly pay to see "Avengers 4: Black Widow Vacuums the Living Room and Makes a Salad."

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Might have better reviews then Suicide Squad and be more entertaining then Ben Afflect as Batman. 

It would certainly be better than Suicide Squad.  Cat dander and romaine lettuce are tougher opponents than those useless protoplasmic minions masquerading as villains in Suicide Squad.

57 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It would certainly be better than Suicide Squad.  Cat dander and romaine lettuce are tougher opponents than those useless protoplasmic minions masquerading as villains in Suicide Squad.

So much hype, and so much potential. I think it would have been tougher to make it a failure then to make it a hit. 

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So much hype, and so much potential. I think it would have been tougher to make it a failure then to make it a hit. 

Not really.  It was basically an ensemble cast, and those aren't easy to begin with.  Combine that with the fact that DC basically tried to make an Avengers movie without any previous background movies for any of the characters, then throw in a director who confused "character introduction" with "20 minutes of Viola Davis narrating while eating a steak," and it was pretty easy to make a failure out of it. 

Suicide Squad was so ineptly handled it's practically a case study in how not to write and direct a movie.  Even Roger Corman movies have better narrative structure.

• Like (+1) 1

That's what I mean though. It should have been a huge hit just because of what it is, a comic book movie that are all the rage right now with a bunch of popular characters. Sure there are some lesser known in there but everything just seemed so poorly done when it should have been easy to do. The thing with these kinds of movies is that many don't need academy award caliber acting and detailed plots to succeed.  Just lots of action and cool explosions usually get it done with not difficult storylines to follow

They film a lot of the outdoor (forest, big open fields) scenes for the Marvel universe about a mile from my house. I'm assuming the end scene of the trailer was shot there. We can hear the pyrotechnics at times. I will say with all the CGI it makes it tough to recognize the place. I know there a few other Atlanta locals on the board, but I don't know if folks in other places realize how much is being filmed in Atlanta, both cinema & TV. It's actually become bothersome in the delays and detours it causes ;)

On 11/29/2017 at 12:20 PM, Mark Vader said:

5/4/18

I simply can't shake the feeling that this is going to be about as coherent as David Lynch's Dune.

45 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's what I mean though. It should have been a huge hit just because of what it is, a comic book movie that are all the rage right now with a bunch of popular characters. Sure there are some lesser known in there but everything just seemed so poorly done when it should have been easy to do. The thing with these kinds of movies is that many don't need academy award caliber acting and detailed plots to succeed.  Just lots of action and cool explosions usually get it done with not difficult storylines to follow

You know, I've actually watched Suicide Squad about ten times, explicitly because it's such a fascinating example of how not to make a movie.  

I haven't bought the DVD...but I may, for the director's commentary, just to see if he has any further pointers on how not to make a movie.