So Taylor can and does audible its confirmed...

Big Turk

Interesting since so many people were of the belief that Taylor doesn't or isn't allowed to by the staff.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/11/what_we_learned_from_buffalo_bills_oc_rick_dennison_heading_into_week_13.html

"He made about four or five checks yesterday at the line of scrimmage," Dennison said. "The same as any other quarterback I've had. We give him a handful that he can do. He can change protections in certain situations and change some plays. Sometimes we're going with two plays. Yesterday was a little different because of the noise. We wanted to keep that to a minimum but he did check a couple and put us in the right situation." 

I guess the question becomes what he he is allowed to check to and check out of and what he isn't...and then of course the results from the plays he is checking out of...

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Yea right the closest Tayor gets to an audible is telling Shady to right instead of left.

So the OC confirms it, but yet you know more somehow...interesting...are you in the huddle or something and know the playcall?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

A few plays during the game,  you can see him directing and moving players around.  I thought he was correcting them after they lined up in the wrong spot, but maybe he was changing the play / protection? I remember one (2nd quarter,  I think?) Where O'Leary lined up in the left side,  and Tyrod moved him to the right side.  Play ended up as a run up the gut,  I think.  It's not a typical audible that we are used to seeing from the upper echelon QBs, where they read the defense,  back away from the line,  and shout some code word or use some hand signal to change the play.  

As opposed to earlier in the season when TT said, “We haven’t gotten around to that yet.” 

It’s nice to hear he was given some leeway vs. KC,  but those words from early in the season are still worrisome to me. There is just no fricken way a 7 year veteran QB shouldn’t have “gotten around to that yet” once the season started. I put that on Dennison, butI have to wonder why he would neuter his QB in that fashion. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As opposed to earlier in the season when TT said, “We haven’t gotten around to that yet.” 

It’s nice to hear he was given some leeway vs. KC,  but those words from early in the season are still worrisome to me. There is just no fricken way a 7 year veteran QB shouldn’t have “gotten around to that yet” once the season started. I put that on Dennison, butI have to wonder why he would neuter his QB in that fashion. 

Agree.  I think you have to let your veteran QB try some things before you just shut down the option altogether.  Playing O without audibling in the modern NFL is like fighting with one arm tied behind your back.

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

I too agree. The OC in the booth cant know what the coverage on the field will be. This is why they call an audible.  

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He can't audible out of that dumb toss to Shady on 3rd and 2.

I've heard a ton of people be upset over that play call.  Maybe I just think differently but Shady is not a power back in any regard.  He is a guy that needs space to make his plays.  That's why he is successful when we pull guards and run outside.  Isn't pitching it to him in space giving him a good chance to use the talents he has?  Running up the middle doesn't seem smart to me with a back like shady.  We don't have a power back healthy on the roster right now...I guess I don't understand.  It didn't work...okay.  At least we attempted to give our best playmaker the ball in space to do what he does best.  Help me understand

he needs to do it more often than 4 or 5 times a game and he and the offense need more than one td to have a chance sunday.

he and the offense are the weak link here late in the season and must be more aggressive.

it falls mainly on the OC but taylor needs to take control with the audibles and changing the play at the los. no more run run run toss behind the los.

this offense is boring and too predictable.