How do we pull the impossible and beat the Pats?

Steptide

Well. we haven't produced much pressure with a four man rush, Brady does well when blitzed and he also does pretty good when not pressured.

So, my vote would be to blitz and get as much pressure as possible.  Think it's the only way we can be competitive as Brady is too accurate and smart to let him study the field in his leisure.  He'll complete passes like its practice.

On offense go heavy and run the ball with Shady and Taylor.  Wear their defense down and take time off the clock.  You also need to take more chances - a few shots down the field and less punting - go for it on 4th more.

On defense, be unpredictable - mix the blitz and coverage almost randomly.  Punish the receivers each time the ball is close to them.

41 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

exactly. i'm just curious as to how good they really are. i think the steelers stomp them

Doubt it.  NE owns the Steelers.  I can't recall the last time Pitt beat them.

Wide 9 on every passing down with an alternate blitzer between the tackles. Keep him in the pocket while we crash it down and force him to make quick throws. Coverage has to be close on the outside to prevent the quick slants and underneath routes. If we force him to throw early, then the CBs can sit in their zone and time to jump the route. Poyer needs to be in the box shadowing Gronk over the top while Lorax jams at the line and plays underneath reading Brady's eyes. Hyde will be the single high safety over top keeping everything underneath. Brown will exclusively play the middle zone while Humber shadows the RB in the flats.

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you are a smart fellow... but you missed the point.   

/ sarcasm 

they had 3 road losses in 15 before any playoff games.  

Is this sarcasm again? No road losses in 2016. Hence last road loss 2015 afccg.

2 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

Wide 9 on every passing down with an alternate blitzer between the tackles. Keep him in the pocket while we crash it down and force him to make quick throws. Coverage has to be close on the outside to prevent the quick slants and underneath routes. If we force him to throw early, then the CBs can sit in their zone and time to jump the route. Poyer needs to be in the box shadowing Gronk over the top while Lorax jams at the line and plays underneath reading Brady's eyes. Hyde will be the single high safety over top keeping everything underneath. Brown will exclusively play the middle zone while Humber shadows the RB in the flats.

Are you rewriting the defensive playbook. McD is going zone thats what he does. If he goes man te's and rbs are going to have a field day.

15 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Is this sarcasm again? No road losses in 2016. Hence last road loss 2015 afccg.

Are you rewriting the defensive playbook. McD is going zone thats what he does. If he goes man te's and rbs are going to have a field day.

saying you were a smart fellow was the sarcasm   Thanks for the confirmation  Chrissy

15 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Um, I was describing a zone coverage scheme. Do you know anything about football, Chris, bandwagon jumper?

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Please explain how the Pats bottom tier defense will send this loud message.

Look at the last 7 games. Football outsiders in  last weeks ranking couldnt quantify their ranking.

2 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

Um, I was describing a zone coverage scheme. Do you know anything about football, Chris, bandwagon jumper?

Sorry . i should have read your post better. My bad