MNF: Texans vs. Ravens at 8:30 PM ET on ESPN

26CornerBlitz

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Hard to see Houston coming from behind and winning this with just under 3 minutes to go.  Here is Baltimore's remaining schedule:

Lions

at Steelers

at Browns

Colts

Bengals

Ravens can very well lose to Detroit, will lose to Pitt, and possibly lose to Cincy.  After tonight, they're 6-5, and could finish 9-7 or 10-6.

They're O is way worse then ours, I think our WC battle will come down to week 17..

Calm down, everyone. The Colts or Browns might beat the Ravens too (yes, they are that bad). The Jaguars or Titans could fall out of it (they aren't very good either). The Bills could lose to the Dolphins or Colts as well (everyone is terrible).

There is so much football left to play... It could be that the Bengals and KC get the wildcard spots with the LA Chargers winning their division. It is a madhouse and too early to figure out who will be competing with us for a wild card (if we make it that far). 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Or we need Tennessee of Jacksonville to drop out of the playoff race.  That could happen too.  It's not just Baltimore

That could definitely happen.

Like many said,lotta football to be played.. 

McD, Dennison, Frazier can erase any bad taste left in our mouths by pulling off the major upset next week.

Let's see what happens week by week.

We luck out by playing an awful Dolphin team twice.. 

Just now, fallen627 said:

Calm down, everyone. The Colts or Browns might beat the Ravens too (yes, they are that bad). The Jaguars or Titans could fall out of it (they aren't very good either). The Bills could lose to the Dolphins or Colts as well (everyone is terrible).

There is so much football left to play... It could be that the Bengals and KC get the wildcard spots with the LA Chargers winning their division. It is a madhouse and too early to figure out who will be competing with us for a wild card (if we make it that far). 

+1

14 minutes ago, DaBills51 said:

Three turnovers for Savage is the main reason the Texans lost. People continually downplay how well Tyrod protects the football. At least 10 teams have QBs that will continually not even give their team a shot.

Also, while the Bills don't look like a playoff team, one could easily say that the Ravens, Titans and Chiefs don't either, and all three of those teams are currently in as of now. 

Yes, it is. Folks give Tyrod plenty of credit for minimizing turnovers. However, it also at a pretty big expense : few dynamic plays in the passing game. It's fine when the defense is playing well , and getting some timely takeaways of their own. The league is mediocre, and asking Taylor just to not lose the game such as in yesterday's win can keep you hanging around for awhile. There will be games in a season that are like the Jets and Saints games where you just need to score lots of points because the D doesn't have it that day. Or are simply overmatched. Tyrods style will only win them so many. Residing in the AFCE makes qualifying for the playoffs as a fringe team a lot tougher. If the Bills miss the playoffs again, missed opportunities in the CIN game  when they couldn't score RZ TDs will be the biggest culprit. That and an abysmal second half showing @ NYJ. The margin for error is very thin with Taylor as a starting QB. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, it is. Folks give Tyrod plenty of credit for minimizing turnovers. However, it also at a pretty big expense : few dynamic plays in the passing game. It's fine when the defense is playing well , and getting some timely takeaways of their own. The league is mediocre, and asking Taylor just to not lose the game such as in yesterday's win can keep you hanging around for awhile. There will be games in a season that are like the Jets and Saints games where you just need to score lots of points because the D doesn't have it that day. Or are simply overmatched. Tyrods style will only win them so many. Residing in the AFCE makes qualifying for the playoffs as a fringe team a lot tougher. If the Bills miss the playoffs again, missed opportunities in the CIN game  when they couldn't score RZ TDs will be the biggest culprit. That and an abysmal second half showing @ NYJ. The margin for error is very thin with Taylor as a starting QB. 

Its interesting that you bring up the Jets and Saints games. Why is it ignored that when you get run over for over 200 yards per game, and then the Saints game where I think it was 12+ straight rushes, that the offense has less opportunities? But I agree that there are plays a top 10 QB makes that would probably have this team in a wild card spot right now, but that doesn't mean Taylor shouldn't be on his team next year (which many want). Draft a QB in the first if he's there and make him compete. 

Not to mention, Tyrod was one of the better deep ball passers in 2015 (screen included through week 13 of 2015) and was middle of the pack in 2016, so it has to be asked, what changed? Dennison and then jettisoning all of our receivers can't be denied as having an impact. Obviously some of this is on Taylor too, but it's not as simple as Taylor can't and will never throw deep.

IMG_8337.PNG

50 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I named six guys. You named six guys. Everyone of the the first six are better than the second six. Possibly Howard deserves to be in the top six. 

Howard, Kamara, Freeman, and Ajayi are clearly better than Gordon and Fournette, who has been underwhelming for the fourth overall pick, and is looking like a guy who will spend a large part of his career on the injured list, just like he did in college.  Gurley is having a very good year, but he’s been mostly disappointing. Gordon is a decent back, but that’s about it.  Disappointing given where he was drafted and pretty much proves my point.

I just finished watching.

What a crap game.

Is there anyway we can qualify for the playoffs AND play Houston or Baltimore in the first playoff game?  :lol:

I think that is a playoff game we could win!  Both of those teams are terrible.

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Howard, Kamara, Freeman, and Ajayi are clearly better than Gordon and Fournette, who has been underwhelming for the fourth overall pick, and is looking like a guy who will spend a large part of his career on the injured list, just like he did in college.  Gurley is having a very good year, but he’s been mostly disappointing. Gordon is a decent back, but that’s about it.  Disappointing given where he was drafted and pretty much proves my point.

What? Fournette is third in the league in yards per game and seventh overall. Kamara isn't even the best RB on his team. I love the guy and said so here but Ingram, another first rounder, is fifth in the league. Freeman is 21st. Ajayi was benched and traded for nothing. Gordon was fourth in yards from scrimmage last year and tenth this year. 

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

What? Fournette is third in the league in yards per game and seventh overall. Kamara isn't even the best RB on his team. I love the guy and said so here but Ingram, another first rounder, is fifth in the league. Freeman is 21st. Ajayi was benched and traded for nothing. Gordon was fourth in yards from scrimmage last year and tenth this year. 

Fournette is barely averaging 4 YPC and Gordon is well under 4 YPC for his career.  Even though he’s had fewer touches, Kamara has more yards from scrimmage than Ingram, who is certainly a good back.  Freeman’s total yards are down because he splits time with another late round pick, and Ajayi had a great year last year and has been very good again since he got out of Miami.  

Edited by mannc

40 minutes ago, mannc said:
57 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Fournette is barely averaging 4 YPC and Gordon is well under 4 YPC for his career.  Even though he’s had fewer touches, Kamara has more yards from scrimmage than Ingram, who is certainly a good back.  Freeman’s total yards are down because he splits time with another late round pick, and Ajayi had a great year last year and has been very good again since he got out of Miami.  

Edited 39 minutes ago by mannc

Snag Ajayi when you get the opportunity. Hold onto shady until Tevin Coleman's contract is up and Falcons can't pay him after Freeman's monster contract. There is more scarcity in pretty much any other skill position.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Bills need to go 10-6 to make the playoffs. Which means Sunday is a must-win.

A bad performance from the offense in a loss and we could see Peterman vs. the Colts the next week.

Doubtful with the Colts' being meaningful regardless of this week's outcome.  Peterman could not beat out Savage at Pittsburgh.  That says quite a bit to me. 

12 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman and Savage were never on the Pittsburgh team together. Nice try, though.

Maybe I'm wrong about that, but his ass stays glued to the bench for the Colts' game and every other game with possible playoff implications.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe I'm wrong about that, but his ass stays glued to the bench for the Colts' game and every other game with any possible playoff implications.

You are wrong, there's no maybe about it.

As for when Peterman plays again, the Chiefs win probably pushes things back a week so he probably won't start now until the Dolphins game at the earliest. Depends on how well the defense plays.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

You are wrong, there's no maybe about it.

As for when Peterman plays again, the Chiefs win probably pushes things back a week so he probably won't start now until the Dolphins game at the earliest. Depends on how well the defense plays.

Conceded.  On to the now with Peterman exposed as nowhere close to being ready.  He's not playing as a starter as long as the Bills are in contention.