Will Chad Kelly start?

From https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/broncos-chad-kelly-lands-on-ir-season-over/

dated 3 weeks ago

Kelly (wrist) will be placed on injured reserve Monday, Zac Stevens of BSNDenver.com reports.

Despite the troubles under center in Denver, the Broncos don't feel that Kelly is ready from a health standpoint at the moment. With his placement on IR, Kelly will have to wait until next season to showcase his talent.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They decided quite a while ago to not activate him in 2017. 

Yeah they said that at the time, and it may be true, but they also didn't predict this was going to happen to their team. I think each team now can bring back two players after being on IR for six weeks (or something like that). So it's not inconceivable that they let him play a game or two at the end of the season if he is healthy enough and they are out of it and have some injuries like now. Who knows if that is even a chance.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah they said that at the time, and it may be true, but they also didn't predict this was going to happen to their team. I think each team now can bring back two players after being on IR for six weeks (or something like that). So it's not inconceivable that they let him play a game or two at the end of the season if he is healthy enough and they are out of it and have some injuries like now. Who knows if that is even a chance.

Not happening: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Chad-Kelly-Jake-Butt-headed-to-injured-reserve/13895a8d-543c-4714-95d8-efb2a6a2319b

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Tight end Jake Butt and quarterback Chad Kelly will be placed on injured reserve, Head Coach Vance Joseph announced Monday.

Both players were previously on the non-football injury list, which provides teams 21 days beginning in Week 6 to evaluate the status of those with that designation. After 21 days, organizations must decide whether to elevate those players to the active roster or place those individuals on IR.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not happening: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Chad-Kelly-Jake-Butt-headed-to-injured-reserve/13895a8d-543c-4714-95d8-efb2a6a2319b

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Tight end Jake Butt and quarterback Chad Kelly will be placed on injured reserve, Head Coach Vance Joseph announced Monday.

Both players were previously on the non-football injury list, which provides teams 21 days beginning in Week 6 to evaluate the status of those with that designation. After 21 days, organizations must decide whether to elevate those players to the active roster or place those individuals on IR.

I don't think it's happening either. But it's still possible six weeks after they put them on IR, which is in a few weeks.

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is really a great opportunity for Chad next season unless Elway drafts one of the big names in the draft.

Man, you gotta think that Elway is one QB whiff away from getting canned.  The only "good" QB move he's made was Manning, but they would have won the Super Bowl that year with anyone.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't think it's happening either. But it's still possible six weeks after they put them on IR, which is in a few weeks.

They had a 21 day window to activate him from NFI list, They instead chose to send him to IR.  He's done for 2017. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Man, you gotta think that Elway is one QB whiff away from getting canned.  The only "good" QB move he's made was Manning, but they would have won the Super Bowl that year with anyone.

Elway is a demi-god that delivered 2 Super Bowls as a player and one as a GM, he aint goin anywhere for years unless he wants to.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Elway is a demi-god that delivered 2 Super Bowls as a player and one as a GM, he aint goin anywhere for years unless he wants to.

Well if that's the case ... GOOD!!!

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They had a 21 day window to activate him from NFI list, They instead chose to send to IR.  He's done for 2017. 

But once you put him on IR you can bring him back. They changed that rule last year or two years ago that you can bring anyone back from IR and don't have to designate him. I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to figure it out for my own understanding of the rules. They said they did it because of the numbers game (meaning they had three others). But if they have injuries to one or two and have given up on one or two they could change their mind.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

But once you put him on IR you can bring him back. They changed that rule last year or two years ago that you can bring anyone back from IR and don't have to designate him. I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to figure it out for my own understanding of the rules. They said they did it because of the numbers game (meaning they had three others). But if they have injuries to one or two and have given up on one or two they could change their mind.

That's for players who were active on the 53. With NFI it's not the same.  He's done for 2017 with the 21 day activation window passed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Who's gotta' think that? :doh: 

Hands down one of the best, most valuable execs in the NFL......let alone the face of the franchise.

You have some seriously bizarre takes.