TBD Tailgate at HAMMER’S Lot (sign up NE game)

mead107

PLEASE POST BELOW IF YOU ARE COMING AND HOW MANY PARKING SPOTS.  

PLEASE KEEP POST TO PARKING   PLEASE. 

someone you know may  be asking for ketchup  and mustard for a hotdog alongside pintoRon this weekend.  

PLEASE - put TBD sign on your dashboard (drivers side.) Large LETTERS please. Makes it easier for Parking attendance to direct you towards TBD tailgate AREA

PLEASE  - try to arrive by 9:30 am.  We will not be able to  guarantee you a spot after that. 

Always a good time.  If coming in from out of town or locally it makes for an opportunity to meet other TBD members and tailgate with a group of friendly people. 

Edited by mead107

1 hour ago, Bills13131313 said:

Sorry, I am new here but is the same as the Hammer lot? I have never been to a game and I am looking for a great tailgate experience!

Yes.   I will change title.   There is only one Hammer’ Lot.  

7 hours ago, Edmoge70 said:

Guys please sign me up. I will be coming with my dad. Do you think that I will have enough time to get to the airport for a 7 pm flight or should I take an Uber?

Depends on what you mean. Uber gets in the same traffic as everyone else, so not sure what that buys you.Uber lot on the corner where Hammers is located, so just can't see how that saves any time.

Not saying this to be a knucklehead, but there is a damn good chance this will be an early leaving crowd, and if you leave Hammers by 5, should be at the airport by 6. Again, assuming a crowd that starts to really leave by early 4th. My wife and son left Hammers at 5:30 after Saints games, they were at airport at 6:15. But that game was over mid 3rd.

If it is a close game, you may have to leave a skooch early and beat some traffic to be 100% safe. Park as close to the entrance at Hammer as conditions allow and Mr. Hammer allow!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Depends on what you mean. Uber gets in the same traffic as everyone else, so not sure what that buys you.Uber lot on the corner where Hammers is located, so just can't see how that saves any time.

Not saying this to be a knucklehead, but there is a damn good chance this will be an early leaving crowd, and if you leave Hammers by 5, should be at the airport by 6. Again, assuming a crowd that starts to really leave by early 4th. My wife and son left Hammers at 5:30 after Saints games, they were at airport at 6:15. But that game was over mid 3rd.

If it is a close game, you may have to leave a skooch early and beat some traffic to be 100% safe. Park as close to the entrance at Hammer as conditions allow and Mr. Hammer allow!

Something tells me a lot of people will be leaving early.

23 hours ago, mead107 said:

PLEASE POST BELOW IF YOU ARE COMING AND HOW MANY PARKING SPOTS.  

PLEASE KEEP POST TO PARKING   PLEASE. 

someone you know may  be asking for ketchup  and mustard for a hotdog alongside pintoRon this weekend.  

PLEASE - put TBD sign on your dashboard (drivers side.) Large LETTERS please. Makes it easier for Parking attendance to direct you towards TBD tailgate AREA

PLEASE  - try to arrive by 9:30 am.  We will not be able to  guarantee you a spot after that. 

Always a good time.  If coming in from out of town or locally it makes for an opportunity to meet other TBD members and tailgate with a group of friendly people. 

Parking area will be in the usual section on the left when you pull in. Starting in front of the white building

I have always parked at ECC when I've come up for Bills games but am curious about the Hammer's Lot. How easy/difficult is it to get out after the game? What is the cost for parking? Does it get crazy (want to have fun, but I'm not looking for table smashing or anything like that)?

21 hours ago, cr02pica said:

I have always parked at ECC when I've come up for Bills games but am curious about the Hammer's Lot. How easy/difficult is it to get out after the game? What is the cost for parking? Does it get crazy (want to have fun, but I'm not looking for table smashing or anything like that)?

Will give my takes on this, as I used to park in ECC pretty regularly.

1) your first question about how easy to leave after game...not nearly as easy as leaving the main ECC lot to Southwestern, down Brompton, and over to McKinley if you leave within an hour of the game ending. No way around that.

2) Having said that, the post-game tailgate with TBD folks is well worth the extra time, often times my favorite part of the day. If the game ends at 4, and you leave at 5:15:, no huge difference in traffic. We hardly ever leave before 6:30.

3) I think it is much tamer than ECC, and way, way cleaner.That appeals to me no end. I hate tailgating with trash all over the lot, and keeping your area clean is enforced at Hammers Hammer does not allow funnels, table slamming or any of the other silliness you see on youtube. Having said that, my crew is mostly 20 somethings that love beer pong and beer ball and other drinking games and they are welcome and have a great time!

4) Hammers has 5 or 6 porta potties, and most women are very thankful 2 are always designated women only. Some men may view as a negative as generally a line as opposed to the trees at ECC, but never been an issue for me. Time it with the ketchup ceremony, no lines!

4) One negative for some as compared to ECC is the space between cars, Hammers is very tight, but I actually like that. Not a ton of room to play catch or touch football etc.

5 $30 to park

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Will give my takes on this, as I used to park in ECC pretty regularly.

1) your first question about how easy to leave after game...not nearly as easy as leaving the main ECC lot to Southwestern, down Brompton, and over to McKinley if you leave within an hour of the game ending. No way around that.

2) Having said that, the post-game tailgate with TBD folks is well worth the extra time, often times my favorite part of the day. If the game ends at 4, and you leave at 5:15:, no huge difference in traffic. We hardly ever leave before 6:30.

3) I think it is much tamer than ECC, and way, way cleaner.That appeals to me no end. I hate tailgating with trash all over the lot, and keeping your area clean is enforced at Hammers Hammer does not allow funnels, table slamming or any of the other silliness you see on youtube. Having said that, my crew is mostly 20 somethings that love beer pong and beer ball and other drinking games and they are welcome and have a great time!

4) Hammers has 5 or 6 porta potties, and most women are very thankful 2 are always designated women only. Some men may view as a negative as generally a line as opposed to the trees at ECC, but never been an issue for me. Time it with the ketchup ceremony, no lines!

4) One negative for some as compared to ECC is the space between cars, Hammers is very tight, but I actually like that. Not a ton of room to play catch or touch football etc.

5 $30 to park

I have 6 restrooms 2 for women 3 for guys and 1 for whomever. There is also a heated with running water shower house rough a one minute walk over the berm (white metal roof building) in the Bills employee lot that you can use. In comparison ECC lot F (closest lot to the stadium) has 2 restrooms for 280 cars. My lot is much smaller and easily has more restrooms. (I pay over $2,000 to rent). Parking space size in Hammers Lot and ECC is the same size. The difference is ECC aisles are bigger. Thru the years tailgaters have brought more stuff, tables, grills, tv's, tents, fire pits, games, kitchen sinks, etc which have taken up more space. I increased space between aisle this year. I lost a row. As far as cleanliness, We take great pride keeping the lot as clean as possible. If you can't find a garbage can you ain't trying. I added 40 trash cans to the other cans the last 2 years. I hired a guy to pickup bottles-cans (his) and trash (slobs) at the same time before the game. While your in the game remaining ground trash and trash bags are removed and restocked providing security at the same time. Game day trash is roughfuly 140 bags .80 tons $78 or in my truck snow coned 8' x 12' x 4' + high. Hammers Lot is not for everyone. The kids can park elsewhere,  I'll host the Adult Tailgaters. Thank You for your support.?

4 hours ago, cr02pica said:

Thanks plenzmd1 for all of the information.

I think I will check out Hammer's lot this year. Count me in for 1 car!

What time do gates open?

We open at 7am. TBD area held time 9-9:30am for those who sign up. I believe this game we will have a tv and a video crew filming in the lot. Wear clean socks. Also Bentley from 103.3 will be broadcasting live from the lot. I was going to do the K & M extravaganza this game but got bumped, but that's OK. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Thru the years tailgaters have brought more stuff, tables, grills, tv's, tents, fire pits, games, kitchen sinks, etc which have taken up more space.

We open at 7am. TBD area held time 9-9:30am for those who sign up. I believe this game we will have a tv and a video crew filming in the lot. Wear clean socks. Also Bentley from 103.3 will be broadcasting live from the lot. I was going to do the K & M extravaganza this game but got bumped, but that's OK. 

Now that's one thing we have not bought, but I am guilty of TVs, firepits, turkey fryers, and tables for beer pong!

PMT boys coming???

28 minutes ago, mead107 said:

7-8 spots.  Neat thing is looks like 3 newbies.   You will love it.  

Can we start the Colt and Dolphin signup now?

Have fun all, I am jealous as i will not be there this week! First Patriot home game I have missed in 12 years.

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Can we start the Colt and Dolphin signup now?

Have fun all, I am jealous as i will not be there this week! First Patriot home game I have missed in 12 years.

From your post, it sounds like you might be making the trip for the fish game?   

I just started a thread in the tailgaiting subforum, but i figured i should post here too.

Group of 6 coming from Toronto for the Colts game. Never been to a game, or tailgate (any of us). Do you pay per vehicle, or per head (or both). and what do people usually bring?

4 hours ago, Ryan52 said:

I just started a thread in the tailgaiting subforum, but i figured i should post here too.

Group of 6 coming from Toronto for the Colts game. Never been to a game, or tailgate (any of us). Do you pay per vehicle, or per head (or both). and what do people usually bring?

Or Both ?! I love this guy