Speculation: is this McCoy's last year with the Bills?

PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If there was a redraft today, you betcha Alvin Kamara would likely be a top 10 pick.

When you have no QB, WR doesn't matter. Once again, since that's our reality ATM, it makes sense to put a premium on RB. Not some bum draft pick, 1st to 2nd if the right player is there. 

Would you not take a Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell or LeSean McCoy if there was a comparable prospect there with our first pick? If you say no, you don't understand football.

How many combine SB did those RB win?

try this rank order from 1 to whatever the most important positions on a football field 

and no i wouldnt because if my scouts do their job i can find a Le’Veon Bell, Alvin Kamara after the second round happens every year and thay is POSITIONAL VALUE

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

How many combine SB did those RB win?

try this rank order from 1 to whatever the most important positions on a football field 

So you wouldn't take Gurley, Elliott, Bell, McCoy or Peterson in the 1st round?

Answer this question and I'll answer your question, I asked first, don't deflect.

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

So you wouldn't take Gurley, Elliott, Bell, McCoy or Peterson in the 1st round?

Answer this question and I'll answer your question, I asked first, don't deflect.

And I SAID NO

i can get a Le’Veon Bell or Alvin Karma after the 2nd. 

Why would i use a Premium pick on a player that i can get very similar production all throught the draft and UDFA (Proven Year after year that RB is the easiest position to fill)

now answer my question

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And I SAID NO

i can get a Le’Veon Bell or Alvin Karma after the 2nd. 

Why would i use a Premium pick on a player that i can get very similar production all throught the draft and UDFA (Proven Year after year that RB is the easiest position to fill)

now answer my question

Adrian Peterson, a HOF RB and you wouldn't take him in the 1st? What about OJ? Thurm? I'm not even sure if it's worth talking football with you at this point.

I'm not going to list all 22 positions but I'll give you my top 3.

If you have no franchise QB:

1.) QB

2.) RB

3.) WR

If you have a franchise QB on your roster:

1.) WR

2.) RB

3.) LT

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Adrian Peterson, a HOF RB and you wouldn't take him in the 1st? What about OJ? Thurm? I'm not even sure if it's worth talking football with you at this point.

I'm not going to list all 22 positions but I'll give you my top 3.

If you have no franchise QB:

1.) QB

2.) RB

3.) WR

If you have a franchise QB on your roster:

1.) WR

2.) RB

3.) LT

ahhh the i am not going to talk football because its not worth it because you cannot grasp a very modern concept. 

So is Minny Missing Peterson? Who are their RBs now?

get in todays Era of football so i wont talk OJ or Thurman. 

What makes more Value on their team

Elliott on Dallas

or

Kamara on NO

when was the last 1st round RB (that a team ised a 1st for) on the SB winning team?

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ahhh the i am not going to talk football because its not worth it because you cannot grasp a very modern concept. 

Elliott on Dallas

or

Kamara on NO

when was the last 1st round RB (that a team ised a 1st for) on the SB winning team?

Many of the RBs I listed are relatively young. Kamara has revitalized NO to the point where, they might be going back to the Super Bowl.

Dallas we're supposed to be contenders this year, their offense is bottom of the league without Ezekiel Elliott, now they likely won't make the playoffs because of his suspension

Gurley on the other hand has dominated with the Rams once the offense was opened up.

Peterson OTOH, I don't think the Vikings regret taking him one bit. HOF RB, 2,000 yard rusher, dominated on a 2nd tier franchise for a decade.

How about Shady McCoy, he was a 2nd round pick, remember? Can you imagine how bad our franchise would be without him? Shady IS our offense.

Let me be firm on this, QB and coaching are the most important positions for a franchise but once again, I'm just pointing out the myth that RB isn't worth taking in the 1st. I agree that I'd prefer a modern offense but if Adrian Peterson or Blaine Gabbert is there in the 1st I'm 100% absolutely taking AP.

21 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Many of the RBs I listed are relatively young. Kamara has revitalized NO to the point where, they might be going back to the Super Bowl.

Dallas we're supposed to be contenders this year, their offense is bottom of the league without Ezekiel Elliott, now they likely won't make the playoffs because of his suspension

Gurley on the other hand has dominated with the Rams once the offense was opened up.

Peterson OTOH, I don't think the Vikings regret taking him one bit. HOF RB, 2,000 yard rusher, dominated on a 2nd tier franchise for a decade.

How about Shady McCoy, he was a 2nd round pick, remember? Can you imagine how bad our franchise would be without him? Shady IS our offense.

Let me be firm on this, QB and coaching are the most important positions for a franchise but once again, I'm just pointing out the myth that RB isn't worth taking in the 1st. I agree that I'd prefer a modern offense but if Adrian Peterson or Blaine Gabbert is there in the 1st I'm 100% absolutely taking AP.

Yeah because obviously it is only Peterson and Gabbert no OL, CB, WR, TE, DL, always comes to the QB vs RB

i am done with this argument because you obviously are just not grasping the concept

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah because obviously it is only Peterson and Gabbert no OL, CB, WR, TE, DL, always comes to the QB vs RB

i am done with this argument because you obviously are just not grasping the concept

Dude, I listed HOF caliber players, not scrubs off the street. I asked you if you would take Adrian Peterson in the 1st, you said no! :lol:

56 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Elliott on Dallas

or

Kamara on NO

Reggie Bush. He was a reasonably productive player that season (lots of catches; 400 yards rushing for a 5.6 ypc; 8 TDs).  Thurman Thomas was a second rounder.

Speaking of which, the second and third rounds seem like the sweet spot for me: Thurman, Leveon Bell, McCoy, Corey Dillon, Ricky Watters, Curtis Martin, Frank Gore, Tiki Barber, Clinton Portis, Matt Forte ... the list goes on. Lots of great value in those rounds.

Edited by dave mcbride

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Reggie Bush. He was a reasonably productive player that season (lots of catches; 400 yards rushing for a 5.6 ypc; 8 TDs).  Thurman Thomas was a second rounder.

Speaking of which, the second and third rounds seem like the sweet spot for me: Thurman, Leveon Bell, McCoy, Corey Dillon, Ricky Watters, Curtis Martin, Frank Gore, Tiki Barber ... the list goes on. Lots of great value in those rounds.

...Thurmal slipped to the 2nd because of a suspect knee (THANK GOD).....interestingly Barry Sanders was his BACK UP.......how we advertise a "run first team" with ONE stallion in the stable is Asinine 101....Shady goes down and we have a stable of Mr. Ed's to fill in......maybe the guy is getting tired of the spot being neglected....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

Interestingly, of the 29 rushers with 10K career yards, 23 were first rounders, 4 were second rounders, and 2 were third rounders. Shady  (9712) will be #30 soon, and he was a second rounder. Matt Forte (9682) is very close too and was a second rounder. 

Anyway, just about all of the bell cow backs were first rounders, and the ones who weren't first rounders were pretty high picks too. Looks like that's one position where evaluators have gotten it right, historically.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Interestingly, of the 29 rushers with 10K career yards, 23 were first rounders, 4 were second rounders, and 2 were third rounders. Shady  (9712) will be #30 soon, and he was a second rounder. Matt Forte (9682) is very close too and was a second rounder. 

Anyway, just about all of the bell cow backs were first rounders, and the ones who weren't first rounders were pretty high picks too. Looks like that's one position where evaluators have gotten it right, historically.

Thank you. It is more correct to say the real good ones are a hundred million dollars a dozen.

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Thank you. It is more correct to say the real good ones are a hundred million dollars a dozen.

Let's not forget that one of the third rounders was Frank Gore, who was by all accounts a top-five talent before tearing up his knee. The only reason McGahee started that one year was because Gore was out. The other third rounder, Curtis Martin, missed most of his senior season too because of a knee injury (he played two games before going out for the season). 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, major said:

I really hope Shady, Tyrod, etc. pull a major league and keep winning just to piss off ownership and coaches

...how the hell or why the hell does ownership enter into the equation?....Pegula wrote a check for $1.4 BILLION because WINNING would piss him off?.....good Lord and it's ONLY Tuesday.........

13 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Those 29 are dwarfed by the sheer number of 1st round RBs who were mediocre or frank busts though.  I think it's a tough position, historically, to evaluate. 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Let's not forget that one of the third rounders was Frank Gore, who was by all accounts a top-five talent before tearing up his knee. The only reason McGahee started that one year was because Gore was out. The other third rounder, Curtis Martin, missed most of his senior season too because of a knee injury (he played two games before going out for the season). 

Good info. That dime a dozen nonsense is only slightly behind "Tom Brady was a sixth rounder!"

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Those 29 are dwarfed by the sheer number of 1st round RBs who were mediocre or frank busts though.  I think it's a tough position, historically, to evaluate. 

If no late round picks are in the top three dozen, and 75 percent are first rounders, then you have to deduce that they do get that position right. The wild card with the RB position is injury; talent isn't that hard to assess at that position. I maintain to this day that Kijana Carter, who had a brutal injury, would have been a great, but injury derailed it. There are a few first rounders that underperformed (Trent Richardson being the most obvious recent example), but I think that the high picks have a pretty high hit rate.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Good info. That dime a dozen nonsense is only slightly behind "Tom Brady was a sixth rounder!"

Marshawn has 431 yards to go until 10K too. The Raiders are right back in it, so who knows? Maybe he'll do it this season. He's another high first round pick. 

I always look at teams like the Packers or the old Colts with Peyton (or hell, even the new ones with Luck). You could even go back to Marino. Teams that would've benefited GREATLY from having a real run game. You can say it's a passing league all you want, but having a well rounded team is still the only way to win consistently.

• Like (+1) 2