Black Friday 2017 Death Count

Just Jack

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Do Canadians celebrate Black Friday??

Ours is celebrated the day after Christmas, but it's not as bad, just busy.

19 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Nothing like shooting each other and beating each other for sales a day after celebrating everything you have to be thankful for

CBF

But that's how they are able to obtain the things they are truly thankful for (but say family cause it sounds better...) like cheap electronics and other commercial goods!

43 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

They do come down to the US, seen many Ontario plates at our local malls and shopping centers 

Do they throw all the bags and garbage in the parking lot and squeeze everything they bought in suitcases... You know, so they can get through Customs.  "Did you buy anything while in the US? " :lol:

Years ago... When we would survey Lake Ontario, we would notice the Canadians would make runs down to States for American cigarettes.  Wilson Harbor was a nice quite port of call... Slip right back into Canada across the lake.

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Do they throw all the bags and garbage in the parking lot and squeeze everything they bought in suitcases... You know, so they can get through Customs.  "Did you buy anything while in the US? " :lol:

Years ago... When we would survey Lake Ontario, we would notice the Canadians would make runs down to States for American cigarettes.  Wilson Harbor was a nice quite port of call... Slip right back into Canada across the lake.

Yes, I’ve seen them putting on brand new shoes before getting into their car for the ride home. 

5 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Nothing like shooting each other and beating each other for sales a day after celebrating everything you have to be thankful for

CBF

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Ours is celebrated the day after Christmas, but it's not as bad, just busy.

But that's how they are able to obtain the things they are truly thankful for (but say family cause it sounds better...) like cheap electronics and other commercial goods!

please don't make me dislike you guys by saying how much smarter and nicer you are than Americans, hear enough of that crap at work. I am pretty convinced "ugly Americans" is truer in Canada than Europe, and it comes through loud and clear.

On 11/24/2017 at 12:57 PM, Just Jack said:

They do come down to the US, seen many Ontario plates at our local malls and shopping centers 

On 11/24/2017 at 1:43 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

On 11/24/2017 at 6:03 PM, Just Jack said:

Yes, I’ve seen them putting on brand new shoes before getting into their car for the ride home. 

I worked at a fast food restaurant at the mall in Erie, PA when I was in high school.  Pennsylvania has no sales tax on clothing (or at least that was the case when I was in high school).  So Canadians would often drive down from Ontario to do their clothing shopping.

It was not unusual to see somebody walk into the rest room with their bags and walk out wearing new outfit.  Sometimes they'd toss their old clothes in the bath room.

You could also tell the vets when they paid for their meal.  Store policy was paper currency had to be converted.  Change was taken at face value.  So the vets would pay for their meals with piles of Canadian coins :lol:

My Mexican sister inlaw claims the US is over commercialized, yet I go to Mexico and their "middle class" is like the US on steroids when it comes to spending and the need for consumerist crap, services/"help." 50 times worse than the wanton consumer consumption rat race as here.  Yeah, we as consumerists are bad... But not that bad as the ones tearing us down around the world.  Yeah, boo who that Coca-Cola signs are plastered all over your country UNchecked/UNregulated.  Who's fault is that?

On 11/24/2017 at 12:57 PM, Just Jack said:

Saw plenty of US plates here this weekend. It was the smarter move to make, we had a bunch of good sales too, and when you throw in the exchange rate, the deal is even better.

On 11/24/2017 at 6:13 PM, plenzmd1 said:

please don't make me dislike you guys by saying how much smarter and nicer you are than Americans, hear enough of that crap at work. I am pretty convinced "ugly Americans" is truer in Canada than Europe, and it comes through loud and clear.

Not saying it about Americans, just people in general today

On 11/24/2017 at 6:13 PM, plenzmd1 said:

chattering in derisive Canadian mordant irony there, sport....