Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

The bills are the worst 5-5 team ive ever seen, not one person on this board or 

in the media can say buffalo and 'in the hunt' with a straight face. I thought the chargers

at 4-6 were  way more in the hunt than the 5-4 or 5-3 or 5-2 bills were.

Sucky ravens will get in at 8-8 while the hapless bills and their beloved by all tt

go once again 6-10 or a buffalo impressive 7-9.

And in the end we will forever go on abusing each other on some obscure

website over a medicre qb.

25 minutes ago, Albwan said:

in the media can say buffalo and 'in the hunt' with a straight face. I thought the chargers

Sucky ravens will get in at 8-8 while the hapless bills and their beloved by all tt

TT was 8-6, 7-8 the last two seasons.Blame EJ for the rest of the losses. And tell me what QB on this roster since 2015 could have got 20 wins since 2015.

30 minutes ago, Albwan said:

and if the defense held on in the second Miami game in 2016, he would have 8 wins in 2016.

30 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Most of us at 5-2, with the signing of KB, were pretty excited. If you say different, I doubt it's being truthful. And keep giving the putrid defense a pass.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

My thought on this is that they didn't really believe that they have a competitive playoff team this year to begin with, so they are installing what they believe will be a more typical NFL offense vs one that would maximize Taylor's skills and de-emphasize his weaknesses.  I don't think it is a conspiracy to make Taylor look bad.  

If they don't think that Taylor is the long term answer, then it makes sense not to tailor the offense around him for short-term gain.  Taylor is a bit unique - he has some skills, but not ones that fit a normal NFL offense.  If they ran the offense around Taylor's strengths this year, there would be little carryover to the offense that they will run next year with a different QB.

if they believed that Taylor was a long-term answer at QB, they WOULD design the offense around him.

This is a decent point to consider when look at what ever the hell  "The Process " is.

good post even if painful to consider.

I may not agree as i see so many other factors that make the collection of Coaches look a bit bewildered of late.

54 minutes ago, Albwan said:

did you watch any of the Chargers games before they got hot? 
Bills have hardly been the worst team you have ever seen, btw. I would eat my hat if you truly believe that

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Riddle me this: if the line of NFL teams desiring to sign Taylor last offseason was 1 deep, why did the Bills renegotiate prior to the new league year?  Why not cut him lose, let him explore that 0 deep line of alternatives, then resign him perhaps on better terms?

The Bills contract offered him $15M this year and $16M next, but the length of the contract was shorter - maybe Taylor desired that?

Item 1 -  the “rumors” were that a number “were interested” in him.   

Item 2 - who better was available?  

(The answer can get argumentative). 

They got a guy with some talent and with a moderate salary.  

If Tyrod deaired a “flexible” contract then he could have waited until FA to sign a contract and then have a bargaining chip to work with.   

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

My thought on this is that they didn't really believe that they have a competitive playoff team this year to begin with, so they are installing what they believe will be a more typical NFL offense vs one that would maximize Taylor's skills and de-emphasize his weaknesses.  I don't think it is a conspiracy to make Taylor look bad.  

If they don't think that Taylor is the long term answer, then it makes sense not to tailor the offense around him for short-term gain.  Taylor is a bit unique - he has some skills, but not ones that fit a normal NFL offense.  If they ran the offense around Taylor's strengths this year, there would be little carryover to the offense that they will run next year with a different QB.

if they believed that Taylor was a long-term answer at QB, they WOULD design the offense around him.

I agree with a lot of this and I as I said earlier, i believe much of the decision to resign Tyrod was based on his work ethic and leadership qualities and not his ability to lead this team to the playoffs. Then 5-2 happened and they had to shift gears and make a run at it this year so they spent a draft pick to get KB for a playoff run. When Tyrod didn't throw to the dude basically for the entire Saints game (that would seriously piss me off as a head coach) and Tyrod played so poorly McD decided to throw a Hail Mary with Peterman and we all know the outcome. Personally I think he should stick with Peterman at this point, but I can't blame him for going back to an original plan and play Tyrod. That seems plausible tome but of course I could be full of **** too, I'm not in the meetings.

I think his biggest mistake was underestimating what the loss of Darius would do to the Dline, especially vs. the run. That side is as much to blame for the 3 game skid as anyone. 

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

This is a decent point to consider when look at what ever the hell  "The Process " is.

I may not agree as i see so many other factors that make the collection of Coaches look a bit bewildered of late.

Bills have hardly been the worst team you have ever seen, btw. I would eat my hat if you truly believe that

enjoy tt and the sabres up there in buffalo. doin good

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

i actually did in all actuality most chargers losses came down to odd last minute bumbles, just like bills

early wins were handed to them from large bunches of turnovers. After the bengal loss yes i did think they were the 

biggest pretenders ever.

34 minutes ago, Albwan said:

enjoy tt and the sabres up there in buffalo. doin good

i actually did in all actuality most chargers losses came down to odd last minute bumbles, just like bills

early wins were handed to them from large bunches of turnovers. After the bengal loss yes i did think they were the 

biggest pretenders ever.

Biggest pretenders ever were the Texans from a couple years ago where they waltzed into the playoffs off a joke schedule and immidiately lost 30-0 in the wild card round.

24 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Hopefully Petermen will be able to play in the second half after the game gets out of reach with all great play Tyrod showed against the Jets and Saints. Check down Charlie.

Maybe Peterman can throw five more picks.Maybe the defense won't suck again. Maybe TT plays like he did in the five wins. Carry on crusader.

6 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Maybe Peterman can throw five more picks.Maybe the defense won't suck again. Maybe TT plays like he did in the five wins. Carry on crusader.

Who is the "crusader" now.? LOL Maybe Tyrod will morph into a superstar and lead the Bills to a Superbowl, LOL. Idiocy is repeating the same action over, and over and over expecting a different outcome. 

Edited by Tatonka68

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Who is the "crusader" now.? LOL Maybe Tyrod will morph into a superstar and lead the Bills to a Superbowl, LOL.

Like I said before, you let everyone know what QB on the roster could have got more than 20 wins since 2015 while missing a few games. Hint:there wasn't any. or maybe you can go down to the corner store and pick up a better QB.

3 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Like I said before, you let everyone know what QB on the roster could have got more than 20 wins since 2015 while missing a few games. Hint:there wasn't any. or maybe you can go down to the corner store and pick up a better QB.

Sure could, pretty easy to find a better player than 56 yard Tyrod Taylor. The kid who bags groceries at Wegmans is better, Petermen is better.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Riddle me this: if the line of NFL teams desiring to sign Taylor last offseason was 1 deep, why did the Bills renegotiate prior to the new league year?  Why not cut him lose, let him explore that 0 deep line of alternatives, then resign him perhaps on better terms?

The Bills contract offered him $15M this year and $16M next, but the length of the contract was shorter - maybe Taylor desired that?

Dude, I commend to you the Two Bills Drive "terms of service" which prohibit something called a "crusade"

Roughly speaking, a "crusade" is a single opinion or theme, repeated over and over and over and over again in multiple threads by the same poster.

Riddle me this ... why did Tyrod take a paycut if he thought there were more teams interested in his services?

He's just a modern day Flutie.  Wants to be a starter.  No other team was going to sign him as a starter.  Period.

42 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

I do say. Please 56 yards against the Saints is not proof for you. He stinks.

There is room to say that Taylor doesn’t suck and also to say that he isn’t a long-term answer for a team aspiring to be serious contenders.  It isn’t binary “sucks” or “great”.

i appreciate and recognize Taylor as the best QB that the Bills have had in a long time, but I still don’t think he is good enough to not be looking for an upgrade.  That is not disrespectful to Taylor, just hoping for better.

• Like (+1) 2