I wanna see Peterman start a game again this year

Steptide

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Didn't he only miss one game against the Broncos, and the Bills ended up letting up over 125 on the ground?

2 games, against the Broncos and Falcons

Game  RYA   % Dareus snaps

NYJ    38      59%

Car     77       26%

Den    111     out

Atl      117     out

Cin     65       33%

TB      69       57%

Oak    54       out, traded

NYJ  194

NO    298

LAC  146

I kinda see a pattern here.  Looks like the anomaly is Oakland, which has had two other very poor rushing games this year.  Don't know enough about their team to know why.

• Like (+1) 1

Just remember the 5 INTs were really 2 as far as I'm concerned.

The first hit the receiver in his freaking hands.

2 were the result of misthrown passes b/c he was getting hit as he threw.

I don't put that stuff on Peterman.  the other 2?  Those were on Peterman...bad throws or bad decisions.  Or  both.

Start him each game until the season is over; we win in many ways if we do that.

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Obviously Tyrod should be the starter until we're officially eliminated from the playoffs, but once that happens I'd like to see Peterman again. 

I seriously feel bad for the dude and hope his wife was at home waiting for him in her birthday suit lol. In all seriousness, the guy just wasn't ready and got thrown to the wolves a little bit. After digesting this game last night and this morning, I don't think peterman is as bad as what we saw yesterday, but he's obviously not ready to be a starter yet. 

I kind of hope that they announce that they have cut him today.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

2 games, against the Broncos and Falcons

Game  RYA   % Dareus snaps

NYJ    38      59%

Car     77       26%

Den    111     out

Atl      117     out

Cin     65       33%

TB      69       57%

Oak    54       out, traded

NYJ  194

NO    298

LAC  146

I kinda see a pattern here.  Looks like the anomaly is Oakland, which has had two other very poor rushing games this year.  Don't know enough about their team to know why.

Excellent work Sir, thanks for digging up those stats.

Ya Oakland was minus Lynch for that game, plus they aren't a very good rushing team to begin with. And they were trailing most of that game

Jacksonville's defensive rushing stats also went from something like 140 a game to 58 since Dareus has played. 

Just too many "coincidences" really. He obviously has a huge role (no pun intended) in the run game.

But hey, at least we got that 6th round pick right...

Edited by billsfan11

This situation could not have gone worse.  Peterman is not close to being ready.  Only way you play Peterman is in a throw away game like the Jets game last year.  He is years away from making it back on to the field.  The whole organization has egg on their faces for how this has turned out.  Taylor starts the remainder of the year because obviulsy now he is unquestionably the better player, quarterback, and leader.  I still do not disagree with the move to try to spark the team, but you become Cleveland north real quickly if you start playing Qb roulette.   

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Obviously Tyrod should be the starter until we're officially eliminated from the playoffs, but once that happens I'd like to see Peterman again. 

I seriously feel bad for the dude and hope his wife was at home waiting for him in her birthday suit lol. In all seriousness, the guy just wasn't ready and got thrown to the wolves a little bit. After digesting this game last night and this morning, I don't think peterman is as bad as what we saw yesterday, but he's obviously not ready to be a starter yet. 

If he comes back and becomes a decent QB I'd be really surprised. He looked like a 5th rd pick playing QB. Can't believe they threw him in there 

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Look at the Bills rushing stats without vs with Dareus.

And check out Jacksonville`s as well.

Is that just a massive coincidence that the Bills rush D all of a sudden sucks without him, and the Jaguars D is now averaging almost 100 yards less with him?

Well, I don't think so.  See response elsewhere.  But I'm told on great authority that Dareus couldn't possibly make a difference.

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This situation could not have gone worse.  Peterman is not close to being ready.  Only way you play Peterman is in a throw away game like the Jets game last year.  He is years away from making it back on to the field.  The whole organization has egg on their faces for how this has turned out.  Taylor starts the remainder of the year because obviulsy now he is unquestionably the better player, quarterback, and leader.  I still do not disagree with the move to try to spark the team, but you become Cleveland north real quickly if you start playing Qb roulette.   

If the Bills lose the next two games then Peterman starts vs. Colts.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Just remember the 5 INTs were really 2 as far as I'm concerned.

The first hit the receiver in his freaking hands.

2 were the result of misthrown passes b/c he was getting hit as he threw.

I don't put that stuff on Peterman.  the other 2?  Those were on Peterman...bad throws or bad decisions.  Or  both.

Start him each game until the season is over; we win in many ways if we do that.

SMH.  Sorry, but the decision to quickly throw the ball away, or hang on to it and take the sack, are part of the decisions the QB needs to make every snap.

Hitting the receiver in the hands, that is often on the receiver but in this case,  he zipped it at DiMarco on the LOS as if he were throwing it 20+ yards and it's very hard to collect those.  Peterman gets some responsibility for that one too.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Ya I know, you quoted me when you sent those stats. Haha. Once again, good work digging those out

Thanks. 

And add to it the improvement in Jax run game since acquiring Dareus.  Hmmmmm.  Must all be coincidence.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If the Bills lose the next two games then Peterman starts vs. Colts.

Translation:

Peterman will be starting against the Colts lol. 

I can't see them beating k.c or N.E

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

SMH.  Sorry, but the decision to quickly throw the ball away, or hang on to it and take the sack, are part of the decisions the QB needs to make every snap.

Hitting the receiver in the hands, that is often on the receiver but in this case,  he zipped it at DiMarco on the LOS as if he were throwing it 20+ yards and it's very hard to collect those.  Peterman gets some responsibility for that one too.

Thanks. 

And add to it the improvement in Jax run game since acquiring Dareus.  Hmmmmm.  Must all be coincidence.

Pure coincidences.. Good luck just seems to follow Dareus around...lol

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If he comes back and becomes a decent QB I'd be really surprised. He looked like a 5th rd pick playing QB. Can't believe they threw him in there 

Interesting tidbit: while there are a number of 3rd and 4th round picks who have become successful NFL starters, and of course the famous 6th round anomaly and 7th/UDFA who have made careers, I can't find a 5th round QB pick who have played successfully.  The closest would be John Skelton and Dan Orlovsky.

Got to go back to Marc Brunell  in 1993 to find one.

• Thank you (+1) 1