I wanna see Peterman start a game again this year

Steptide

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Obviously Tyrod should be the starter until we're officially eliminated from the playoffs, but once that happens I'd like to see Peterman again. 

I seriously feel bad for the dude and hope his wife was at home waiting for him in her birthday suit lol. In all seriousness, the guy just wasn't ready and got thrown to the wolves a little bit. After digesting this game last night and this morning, I don't think peterman is as bad as what we saw yesterday, but he's obviously not ready to be a starter yet. 

I could be wrong, but I think when a guy gets beat up that bad, sex is not an enticing concept.

Yes, he got thrown to the wolves a bit, but I don't think you and some others grasp the epic nature of the ineptitude that was shown.

My model for an inept Bills QB game was previously Brian Brohm vs Jets, 2010 38-7 loss. 

Brohm threw 10-23, 43%, 106 yds, 3 INT, 1 fumble, rating of 17.9

The 7 points were a pick-6 by Jairus Byrd.  Levi Brown outplayed Brohm.

Peterman exceeded this.

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I really don't need to see Dennison calling plays EVER again.  Bring back Roman.  

Roman is coaching on the team that just overtook us as a likely wildcard contender.  Not coming back here, not ever.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This team, right now is incapable of beating a anyone. What's puzzling is why. We mostly have the same players when things were good. Both the offensive line and defense as a whole are awful. I can only assume other teams have cracked our code and are abusing us. Our coaches have no response. 

I think it might be that "mostly" that's a key

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I think when a guy gets beat up that bad, sex is not an enticing concept.

Yes, he got thrown to the wolves a bit, but I don't think you and some others grasp the epic nature of the ineptitude that was shown.

My model for an inept Bills QB game was previously Brian Brohm vs Jets, 2010 38-7 loss. 

Brohm threw 10-23, 43%, 106 yds, 3 INT, 1 fumble, rating of 17.9

The 7 points were a pick-6 by Jairus Byrd.  Levi Brown outplayed Brohm.

Peterman exceeded this.

Roman is coaching on the team that just overtook us as a likely wildcard contender.  Not coming back here, not ever.

I think it might be that "mostly" that's a key

I don't really care if it's Roman or my mother.  Get Dennison out.  The guy is totally inept.  We had a high scoring offense last year, this year Shady has little room to run, TT is boxed into the pocket--he's better throwing on the run, and then when Peterman starts, the O-line crumbles in his face and he is in the booth instead of on the sideline to talk face to face w/ his rookie QB.  Overall a failure.  

17 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

You go run , run to set up 3rd and long against the chargers top 5 pass defence.

Running the ball on 2nd and 12 after you just ran the ball on first down for minus 2.... This is 2017, not 1970.

Yes it is Rico's fault, and to your point, the offensive lines fault as well

Yeah firing Castillo first before Denison is reasonable, but they are both pretty awful.

Edited by BobChalmers

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you are referring to Dareus, I really doubt his 20 snaps/game was the glue holding the team together. 

It seems crazy - but he IS the thing that changed right before the implosion (along with signing KB, I guess - hard to blame him though)

For me the whole O-Line needs to be replaced. 

All of this wouldve been completely avoidable if we just started Taylor vs the Chargers. The Chargers would've copied the Jets game plan and Taylor would've looked like complete crap. Then you start Peterman vs a team that doesn't have the best D-Line in the NFL going against the worst pass blocking O-Line in the NFL. If I was Peterman I would feel like I was setup to fail.

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you are referring to Dareus, I really doubt his 20 snaps/game was the glue holding the team together. 

Look at the Bills rushing stats without vs with Dareus.

And check out Jacksonville`s as well.

Is that just a massive coincidence that the Bills rush D all of a sudden sucks without him, and the Jaguars D is now averaging almost 100 yards less with him?

Who really wants to make the playoffs with this team just to be embarrassed on national TV. The defense and O-Line is the worst I have ever seen on any team. I said two years ago we need to rebuild the O-Line if we want to be able to evaluate a rookie QB. The only person worth keeping is Dawkins and that's only because he's a rookie. It's going to be difficult to fill 4 out of 5 O-Line positions next year. 

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what is your explanation for the free-fall of the Bills run D?  I am happy to entertain your insights.  I will prepare the cucumber sandwiches and macaroons.

There is also Glenn.

How can you even suggest losing a player that barely took a third of the snaps unraveled our defense. That's just insane. 

I think that it's more likely that teams have cracked Frazier's game plan. He came up with a clever way of masking the team's flaws. But now that they are exposed, he doesn't have the talent to adjust. 

As for the offensive line, I think the zone blocking scheme is throwing everyone off. That and teams focusing on our weakest links: Miller and Ducasse. 

30 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Look at the Bills rushing stats without vs with Dareus.

And check out Jacksonville`s as well.

Is that just a massive coincidence that the Bills rush D all of a sudden sucks without him, and the Jaguars D is now averaging almost 100 yards less with him?

It's a coincidence. There is no way Dareus with his limited playing time matters. What's your explanation for when Dareus was injured and our run D was lights out earlier this season? 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How can you even suggest losing a player that barely took a third of the snaps unraveled our defense. That's just insane. 

I think that it's more likely that teams have cracked Frazier's game plan. He came up with a clever way of masking the team's flaws. But now that they are exposed, he doesn't have the talent to adjust. 

As for the offensive line, I think the zone blocking scheme is throwing everyone off. That and teams focusing on our weakest links: Miller and Ducasse. 

It's a coincidence. There is no way Dareus with his limited playing time matters. What's your explanation for when Dareus was injured and our run D was lights out earlier this season? 

Didn't he only miss one game against the Broncos, and the Bills ended up letting up over 125 on the ground?

19 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Didn't he only miss one game against the Broncos, and the Bills ended up letting up over 125 on the ground?

And yet the rest of the defense pressured Siemian into two interceptions and allowed just one touchdown. How was that possible without Dareus? 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And yet the rest of the defense pressured Siemian into two interceptions and allowed just one touchdown. How was that possible without Dareus? 

Because Siemian is awful? Lol. The man was benched for Brock Osweiler. That should pretty much tell you how bad he is

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

OK, so your explanation is 1/3 of the snaps don't matter? 

I'm sure more film on Frazier helps the opponent, but I'd appreciate a little more detail on what the flaws were, how Frazier cleverly masked them, and why that stopped working.  Sounds interesting.