Really does anyone think the locker room is divided???

Billsfan1972

Is there a single player who would want Peterman starting?  

We hear this crap all the time.  The coaching staff has been horrid in how they've handled the season and particularly the offensive side of the ball.

Putting in an offensive scheme that doesn't fit the QB and worse still getting rid of his weapons and play calling that just looks so simplistic continues to baffle.

And some still (listening to wgr) continue to talk that Peterman was the victim of bad luck.

The coaching staff will lose the locker room if they don't admit their mistake and say they want to do what's necessary to right the ship and push to the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We hear this crap all the time.  The coaching staff has been horrid in how they've handled the season and particularly the offensive side of the ball.

Putting in an offensive scheme that doesn't fit the QB and worse still getting rid of his weapons and play calling that just looks so simplistic continues to baffle.

And some still (listening to wgr) continue to talk that Peterman was the victim of bad luck.

The coaching staff will lose the locker room if they don't admit their mistake and say they want to do what's necessary to right the ship and push to the playoffs.

They already have.

7 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

They already have.

My bad, you're right.  Point is they can try and repair it to some extent......  Apologize to the fans, Peterman for putting him in such a difficult situation and the players would be a start.  

Doubt McDermott will do any of those things.

I agree 100%.  There's little doubt in my mind you have whole units in rebellion against their unit coaches up to the coordinators.

I don't think guys like Hughes and Incognito are cancers but I see them as the disgruntled employee that can easily rub off on other young players.  I think the offensive line in particular hates the scheme they've been told to use.  One, you're obviously not opening up holes for McCoy or protecting the QB like you used to be able to do, but secondly, that also impacts your personal goals, bonuses, etc.  

Same goes for the defensive line.  A guy like Hughes has a long memory - he wants to be the Jim Schwartz Jerry Hughes with sacks, not the Jerry Hughes, the defensive end doing the dirty work with less sacks.  That guy doesn't make Pro Bowls and earn bonuses.  

I think guys like Wood and Williams have been around so long that the endless coaching changes, endless losing just beats you to the point where you get the "whatever, it's a paycheck" mentality and you've got little energy at this point to correct the above.  

It's the only reason I can come up with why this team has collapsed as it has.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

My bad, you're right.  Point is they can try and repair it to some extent......  Apologize to the fans, Peterman for putting him in such a difficult situation and the players would be a start.  

Doubt McDermott will do any of those things.

I think McDermott has a HUGE hill to climb and winning is the only cure for that. And, I have no confidence that he can do that this season. He will try...It's his job...but the toothpaste is out of the tube.

Mcdipstick couldn't of messed this up anymore,  He is in way over his head, so is Beane.  He is totally loss the locker room.  I will be shocked if they win another game the rest of the year.  It was completely arrogant in this past draft to trade down passing on Watson & Mahomes given their current QB situation.  

Nothing led any of us nor anyone else to think Peterman was ready to take the reigns.  A 5th round guy and rookie doesn't miraculously step in as the starter and lead team to the promised land.  This is not the way to develop any QB in my opinion....throw him out there and let him throw 5 picks in the first half.  After pick number two, I would've seriously considered taking Peterman out.  After three picks, it would've been a no-brainer.  The kid may think he can work through this but it'll be in the back of his head for a long, long time.

What yesterday should've shown McD and Beane is that the Oline is bad and the Dline needs to be fixed.  The only thing helping the Oline is the fact Shady is an elite RB and Taylor has his mobility.  These two things mask the issues on the Oline.  Furthermore, even when Shady had a pretty good day running the ball, Taylor wasn't in there to do his patented Houdini moves to avoid sacks and protect the football.  

Bottom line is McD got what he asked for and that's on him.  You know every guy in the locker room is questioning McD and his process.  And that's gonna be hard for McD to recover from.

Reminds me of when Ruben Brown got tired of coach's BS and went for him in meeting room and suspended for a game.  Sometimes you need to tell the Emperor he has no clothes.   Peterman should have faked an injury; I hear coach Byrd may have some tips on it from his son on Planters Fakeitis.

11 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well I was at the game sitting on the Bills side not too far from the players.  I was glancing at the players. Late in the 2nd Qtr, we saw Tyrod warming up and then it looked like he was in the offense’s sideline huddle before going on the field but Peterman went back out. I saw one player on the sidelines that looked like he threw his arms up in disgust

I just want to counter one thing you said.

you said they'll lose the locker room...that is always mentioned but it is rarely the case

NFL players don't play for coaches... they play for their paycheck and for their career

the second you dog it you are out. Not for long is what The NFL means 

so quitting on a coach is pointless because unless your a bonafide stud you are losing your job

you may give every ounce for a coach you really like but you can't quit on a coach in the NFL or you'll be canned