Jermaine Wiggins - TE

I do hope that this is one part of the team that TD has to upgrade this offseason. IMO, he will try to sign a FA for $1M or less, maybe just a veteran insurance policy just in case Euhus or Campbell doesn't come back 100% from their injuries.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1864

Here's a guy who can flat out block. Doesn't catch much, outside of short TD's.

Vet minimum. Peters is still here, along with Trafford. Can't see a big investment at TE, with other more glaring needs ( OT,OG )

I guess a lot depends on how the Bills see the healing progress of Campbell and Euhus.

265187[/snapback]

You know I am pulling for Pollard, but you are correct, it would appear that the Bills have much bigger needs right now than TE. That said, Patrick Hape looks like the perfect composite of a Bills TE. Get it done TD!

With Mularkey and TD mentioning that the offense the Bills will run with Losman will be a bit different than what we saw this past season, I was thinking it would be nice to add an athletic, pass receiving TE. Riemersma was really the last TE we had that was much of a receiving threat, and he was more of a pass "batter" than a pass catcher.....

Wiggins caught a lot of balls last year and looked very good doing it, but that offense was kind of an abberration and I am not sure if Wiggins is really one of these late bloomers or not. In previous six years he caught like 16, 2, 8, 14, 2 and 8.

265216[/snapback]

Wiggins is a great story. In the snow bowl Super Bowl year for the Pats he caught 10 passes.

The ball was coming out ot Brady's hands like a helicopter. Wiggins made some of the greatest catches under pressure and in bad footing that I've ever seen. The Pats rewarded him by not inviting him to camp.

He languished in New Orleans as a 3rd TE and the Vikes picked him up and the rest is history.

He led the Vikes with 71 catches. He's a smart but not powerful blocker and has great hands.

I think he would help a 2nd year QB immensely and of course sticking it to NE would be great.

I know what you mean. I would hate to get stuck with someone like Dave Casper.  :o  ;)

265174[/snapback]

Or Todd Christensen, Russ Francis, Mark Bavaro, Mark Chmura, Pete Metzelaars, Tony Gonzales, Todd Heap...

I'd much rather have friggin' Lonnie Johnson than any of those guys.

Or Todd Christensen, Russ Francis, Mark Bavaro, Mark Chmura, Pete Metzelaars, Tony Gonzales, Todd Heap...

I'd much rather have friggin' Lonnie Johnson than any of those guys.

Or even a Jay Novacek for that matter, the Cowboys never did ANYTHING with him.

How do you read (anti-black) racism into this?  This was my way of saying that Euhus/Campbell etc. are a bunch of schlubs.

265185[/snapback]

If you haven't figured it out yet, you're way of saying that Euhus/Cambell etc. are a bunch of schulbs is f'in idiotic.

Guest BackInDaDay
Wiggins is a great story.  In the snow bowl Super Bowl year for the Pats he caught 10 passes.

The ball was coming out ot Brady's hands like a helicopter.  Wiggins made some of the greatest catches under pressure and in bad footing that I've ever seen.  The Pats rewarded him by not inviting him to camp.

He languished in New Orleans as a 3rd TE and the Vikes picked him up and the rest is history.

He led the Vikes with 71 catches.  He's a smart but not powerful blocker and has great hands.

I think he would help a 2nd year QB immensely and of course sticking it to NE would be great.

265233[/snapback]

Good post. All through those play-offs, all the guy did was make plays.

I'd go on, but as I've said before, I never repeat myself. :devil:

I don't want him here.  Every time his name is announced all I can picture is Tim Conway. :devil:  We need to find another alternative.

265261[/snapback]

wow, you are showing your age brother!

"Mrs. Hew-wiggins. Mrs. Hew-wiggins"

Loved that show

I do hope that this is one part of the team that TD has to upgrade this offseason. IMO, he will try to sign a FA for $1M or less, maybe just a veteran insurance policy just in case Euhus or Campbell doesn't come back 100% from their injuries.

If we get DeMulling & Shelton, with Holcomb in the fold and TD likely to sign a vet RB to "serve as mentor to McGahee" (in the words of Lenny P), I think TE is where we are headed in the draft. TE or CB are the most likely spots for us to use our # 2.