No One Has Quit

GreggTX

I think it's quite naive to believe that the team has "quit on the coaches." These guys know their next paycheck depends on what they put on tape today. Our secondary is actually better than it was last year, but we just have so little talent left in the trenches other than Richie and Hughes. We're getting pushed around up front on both sides of the ball and the absence of Dareus, overpaid as he was, has exposed this. With no help in sight, we're going to struggle until the season ends. Pray that Mr. Beane is our savior on draft day and during the FA signing period. We need TALENT, not "the locker room."

The trench battles along with the defensive collapse in general that started in the 2nd Jets game are the biggest issues, by far with this team. Not the QB "controversy".

Unless/until the defense is fixed in a serious way, we will not win another game this year except possibly 1 game vs. Dolphins.

Edited by Fadingpain

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I love Kyle but I think his days playing this game are nearly over. Sad to see.

Richie and Wood are right there too. The team as a whole does not have the physicality or speed to compete against the better teams in the league. I think that's why people are thinking they are quitting. They are just over matched.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Richie and Wood are right there too. The team as a whole does not have the physicality or speed to compete against the better teams in the league. I think that's why people are thinking they are quitting. They are just over matched.

Yes and they don’t have the QB to overcome that. Need to have one or the other.

Just now, Luka said:

Over powered  by younger players? That would be interesting to look at. Our guys on the ol and dl are older players. Can they keep up?

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

And that’ll wear you out over months of play.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

And that’ll wear you out over months of play.

Yea I mean you've gotta think, Glenn, Wood, Richie, these guys have been here a while now and we've been a run first team for probably 4 or 5 years now. None of them will want to admit it but I'm certain that has taken it's toll on them.

Let's face facts: not much talent on this team. The players who rate as average or better on PFF right now:

- secondary: White, Poyer, Hyde

- LB: Milano (very limited action)

- D line: Kyle, Shaq, Hughes

- O line: Richie, Dawkins, Mills (really?)

- QB: Tyrod

- WR/TE: None (I suppose Benjamin would go here, but not as a Bills WR)

- RB: Shady

That's it. And that's average or better.  Not "above average."  There's two players who rate as "high quality," and that's T. White and Hughes. We have zero players in the "elite" category.

And the worst part is this: the guys on the list, with the exception of White, Shaq, and Dawkins, are veterans being paid at free agent salaries. A number of high paid players are not performing at even average level: Clay, Glenn.  And we're stuck with them at least for another year. Other than Tre'davious there's really no young player - first 3 years, under team control - standing out as a keeper. Dawkins and Shaq have performed fine, Milano too in limited duty, but that's not much to build around.  Some position groups are downright putrid. Linebacker: best PFF rating is 65th best linebacker for Preston Brown. Lorax and Humber are way below that. Realistically, you're gonna need at least a couple drafts to replenish the talent. So Dareus/Watkins/Darby type trades make a lot of sense now. Shady may still have trade value even with his contract, so I'd look to move that too.  Benjamin if he hadn't been hurt today would have had value to trade again for picks, but that's probably out the window.  It's bleak, folks ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

57 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Let's face facts: not much talent on this team. The players who rate as average or better on PFF right now:

- secondary: White, Poyer, Hyde

- LB: Milano (very limited action)

- D line: Kyle, Shaq, Hughes

- O line: Richie, Dawkins, Mills (really?)

- QB: Tyrod

- WR/TE: None (I suppose Benjamin would go here, but not as a Bills WR)

- RB: Shady

That's it. And that's average or better.  Not "above average."  There's two players who rate as "high quality," and that's T. White and Hughes. We have zero players in the "elite" category.

And the worst part is this: the guys on the list, with the exception of White, Shaq, and Dawkins, are veterans being paid at free agent salaries. A number of high paid players are not performing at even average level: Clay, Glenn.  And we're stuck with them at least for another year. Other than Tre'davious there's really no young player - first 3 years, under team control - standing out as a keeper. Dawkins and Shaq have performed fine, Milano too in limited duty, but that's not much to build around.  Some position groups are downright putrid. Linebacker: best PFF rating is 65th best linebacker for Preston Brown. Lorax and Humber are way below that. Realistically, you're gonna need at least a couple drafts to replenish the talent. So Dareus/Watkins/Darby type trades make a lot of sense now. Shady may still have trade value even with his contract, so I'd look to move that too.  Benjamin if he hadn't been hurt today would have had value to trade again for picks, but that's probably out the window.  It's bleak, folks ...

I'm especially encouraged to see Dawkins on this list. If he turns out good, that's a huge boost in a time when OL talent is thin league wide due to so many high picks for OT's that have been busts, I suspect. At least Shaq is average. There's still hope.

Edited by GreggTX