Fast-Forward to 2018, Case Keenum

CountryCletus

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't know if I would say Keenum won them the game. His WR came down with a very high pass (in Buffalo that pass sails over the WR and we are all screaming at the QB for not being able to hit passes to the WR) and if it wasn't for the DB whiffing on the tackle and taking out his own guy they are forced to go for a FG to win it IF the WR isn't tackled inbounds.

If not we are talking about Brees and the Saints coming back from being down 17-0 at halftime......

Keenum won the game, you should say it 

29-24 Vikings win.      318 yards and a walkoff td is def a win for Keenum 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

When you're right, you're right.

That guy Diggs, Stefon Diggs, he must have freakin' played volleyball or something.  His vertical leap is unreal.  And he's got hands - last year catch % of 75%, this year 67.4%.  Keenum has been throwing to him all season.  He must know what the guy can do. 

When you're throwing to a guy like that, putting the ball where you know he can leap and haul it in and the DB has 0% play on it is entirely appropriate for a QB. 

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Your right, cause he also caused the DB to miss and take out his own player allowing the WR to walk into the end zone. 

Guess Blake Bortles also won the game for the Jags last week too, not their defence.....

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Your right, cause he also caused the DB to miss and take out his own player allowing the WR to walk into the end zone. 

Guess Blake Bortles also won the game for the Jags last week too, not their defence.....

Keenum won and Bortles won.   Correct.    

Pull yourself together. 

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't know if I would say Keenum won them the game. His WR came down with a very high pass (in Buffalo that pass sails over the WR and we are all screaming at the QB for not being able to hit passes to the WR) and if it wasn't for the DB whiffing on the tackle and taking out his own guy they are forced to go for a FG to win it IF the WR isn't tackled inbounds.

If not we are talking about Brees and the Saints coming back from being down 17-0 at halftime......

Flip this around a bit.  After watching the other WC games last week and the divisional games this week, even the best QB are making throws that are behind that the guys need to come back for, or ahead and they need to accelerate or stretch out for, or over their head and they need to leap.

What's clear to me is that we don't have any WR currently on the roster who show the will and ability to make those plays.  All those catches made by Antonio Brown, even the 2 by Martavus Bryant, who on our roster hauls those in?  I'm sorry, from what I've seen, even Benjamin isn't in the same category (maybe healthy he will be).

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It was not a defensive TD that was the difference in last week's game, nor did the defense make all those key gains with their feet.

Don't pitter down the Primrose Path of letting what you know to be true (Bortles isn't a very good QB at this point) pull you towards indefensible positions.

Certainly Keenum deserves credit for winning the game, but he was lucky, all game long.  He threw some nice passes.  He also threw some prayers that were answered, a fair amount of lame ducks, and some passes that should have been intercepted that were not.  I would not get carried away with this guy.  This season strikes me as a high water mark for him.  A return to norm is no doubt coming.  That said, someone will likely over pay him, perhaps even Minnesota.  The Bills need to keep their eyes on the prize and try to fill the long term future.  Keenum is no more it than Tyrod and will probably cost the same or more next year. 

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yes Bortles did beat us last week. He looked like Randall Cunningham out there

4 hours ago, MDFan said:

Certainly Keenum deserves credit for winning the game, but he was lucky, all game long.  He threw some nice passes.  He also threw some prayers that were answered, a fair amount of lame ducks, and some passes that should have been intercepted that were not.  I would not get carried away with this guy.  This season strikes me as a high water mark for him.  A return to norm is no doubt coming.  That said, someone will likely over pay him, perhaps even Minnesota.  The Bills need to keep their eyes on the prize and try to fill the long term future.  Keenum is no more it than Tyrod and will probably cost the same or more next year. 

That's my point, he played good and has played good all season, but the win wasn't all him, and the last play was not some play that was made because of him and his skill. It's more likely the ball was overthrown and the WR was able to get up and make the catch all while the defender messed up and took out his teammate. 

This guy, if I recall correctly was on the bench when the Bills beat the Rams last year, and now how far 

can he go?

See what good coaching, and WRs and TEs who can actually catch the ball can do for QBs.

I will probably be repeating this before the draft, but our WRs lost the Jacksonville game.

Benjamin with his lame brain penalty in the end zone, and Clay with his, wiping out a 39 yard McCoy run.

rush into Jags territory.